Browns Regular Season 2019 Season | Season of Dreams

Home Forums Sports

Gardens35

Sun, Dec 29, 2019 8:10 PM

Yep, CBS Sports reporting that Freddie is G-O-N-E Gone.

BRF

Sun, Dec 29, 2019 8:27 PM

How many of the 10 losses do you think he was responsible for due to bad coaching?

I’m going to tag him with 4.

I’m not even counting the disappointing opener.

Denver, Pittsburgh, Arizona and today’s debacle.  

This team should have been 10-6. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Dec 29, 2019 8:38 PM
posted by BRF

How many of the 10 losses do you think he was responsible for due to bad coaching?

Down 38-17 in the 4th to the Cardinals, that’s a lot to blame on a coach

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Dec 29, 2019 8:43 PM

7th head coach since 2012 

Damn

Laley23

GOAT

Sun, Dec 29, 2019 8:50 PM

Seattle is the first game that comes to mind. An absolute cluster of coaching to even allow that game to be close. And since he called plays, tag him with LAR as well.

BRF

Sun, Dec 29, 2019 9:05 PM
posted by Ironman92

Down 38-17 in the 4th to the Cardinals, that’s a lot to blame on a coach

I’m talking about letting it get to that. 

BRF

Sun, Dec 29, 2019 9:19 PM
posted by Laley23

Seattle is the first game that comes to mind. An absolute cluster of coaching to even allow that game to be close. 

That game came to my mind, as well. 

cat_lover

Sun, Dec 29, 2019 10:25 PM

That Seattle and Rams game are the top two on my list. Bad play calling and his clock management was worse than Hue Jackson's. (Boy I never thought I would type that someone's clock management was worse than Hue's.)

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Sun, Dec 29, 2019 10:53 PM
posted by Ironman92

7th head coach since 2012 

Damn

Woof.

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Dec 29, 2019 10:54 PM

Who are some candidates you guys would like to see them interview? Who is your early choice?

Laley23

GOAT

Sun, Dec 29, 2019 11:07 PM
posted by Ironman92

Who are some candidates you guys would like to see them interview? Who is your early choice?

McDaniels? Pray the Colts fire Reich. Lol

Al Bundy

Sun, Dec 29, 2019 11:20 PM
posted by Ironman92

My answer won't be exciting, but I'd just like them to go with someone who has had success and brings discipline. Look at the difference under Williams compared to Freddie and Hue.

I hope that we don't try to find the next genius who has never been a head coach. I'd prefer an NFL coach. 

I'd have Rivera and McCarthy at the top of the list. I'd interview McDaniels, but I'm not convinced that he is an NFL head coach. He was a mess in Denver.

cat_lover

Mon, Dec 30, 2019 12:01 AM

I wouldn't be mad with Rivera or McCarthy. I like the idea of someone who has been there before.

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Mon, Dec 30, 2019 4:37 AM

This franchise is a joke and will never be taken seriously. You can't just keep firing coaches.  They gave Hue 2.5 seasons to win 3(?) games, and they think doubling that total in one season doesn't justify giving Freddie another season to figure it out? Who the fuck would ever want to coach or play in Cleveland? There is no winning franchise that fires its coaches like the Browns do.  Hell, even shitty franchises don't go thru coaches like the Browns.  This isn't the NBA.  You can't do this shit and expect good results.

Who gives a fuck who the next coach is? I am sure the media and some dumbass fans will want him fired when the Browns start the season 2-3.  I can already see the same recycled bullshit hit pieces by the same media that will be super positive during the off season.

Gardens35

Mon, Dec 30, 2019 10:49 AM
posted by BRF

Reminders here...............https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2019/12/11-ways-freddie-kitchens-sealed-his-fate-as-browns-head-coach.html

bigdaddy2003

Mon, Dec 30, 2019 11:48 AM

Looks like Rivera is going to coach Washington. That seems wild to me but like_that may have a point, who would pick Cleveland? Talent wise, you obviously don't pick the Redskins over Cleveland, so other factors obviously come into play. 

thavoice

Mon, Dec 30, 2019 11:54 AM
posted by bigdaddy2003

Looks like Rivera is going to coach Washington. That seems wild to me but like_that may have a point, who would pick Cleveland? Talent wise, you obviously don't pick the Redskins over Cleveland, so other factors obviously come into play. 

Washington likely has been working him since he was fired.....

Laley23

GOAT

Mon, Dec 30, 2019 5:32 PM

It’s the NFL. There are only 4-5 openings. If you have one, you can get a coach. Maybe not 1st choice, but usually 2nd choice at worst.

friendfromlowry

Tue, Dec 31, 2019 12:06 AM
posted by like_that

This franchise is a joke and will never be taken seriously. You can't just keep firing coaches.  They gave Hue 2.5 seasons to win 3(?) games, and they think doubling that total in one season doesn't justify giving Freddie another season to figure it out? Who the fuck would ever want to coach or play in Cleveland? There is no winning franchise that fires its coaches like the Browns do.  Hell, even shitty franchises don't go thru coaches like the Browns.  This isn't the NBA.  You can't do this shit and expect good results.

Who gives a fuck who the next coach is? I am sure the media and some dumbass fans will want him fired when the Browns start the season 2-3.  I can already see the same recycled bullshit hit pieces by the same media that will be super positive during the off season.

I was rereading the Browns offseason thread to see what people thought of the Kitchens hiring and then seeing this doesn't really surprise me. I'm sure it gets old and exhausting having to constantly talk yourself into a new regime every year. It won't even happen this year as S&L is gone, and COA?, and apparently BR as well. 

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Tue, Dec 31, 2019 2:44 AM
posted by friendfromlowry

I was rereading the Browns offseason thread to see what people thought of the Kitchens hiring and then seeing this doesn't really surprise me. I'm sure it gets old and exhausting having to constantly talk yourself into a new regime every year. It won't even happen this year as S&L is gone, and COA?, and apparently BR as well. 

It is.  Why make the hire if you are not fully committed?   They knew this would be Freddie's first time as a HC and there would be some growing pains.  Not every first year HC comes right out of the gate winning a bunch of games.  Look at all the head coaches in the playoffs.  The majority of them did not make the playoffs their first season as NFL head coaches. I am not saying Freddie is great, but it's crazy to make the hire and then not even give him a 2nd season to apply what he learned from the previous season.  This franchise has given coaches like Shurmur, WoMangini, Crennel, Pettine and Hue more than one season. 

Also, the Browns schedule did not do Freddie any favors.  Seven of their games were against playoff teams.  You can argue 5 of those 7 games were against a team that has a legitimate shot of winning the SB.  Even some of their non playoff opponents were in the thick of the playoff race until week 17 (Rams and Steelers X2).  That doesn't leave much room for any slip ups against shitty teams, which even happens to the best franchises in the league.  If the Browns had the Bills schedule, we would probably be talking about their playoff matchup and Freddie would have his job.

Gardens35

Tue, Dec 31, 2019 9:45 AM

Any candidate in their right mind should be interviewing the Browns rather than being interviewed by the Browns.

QuakerOats

Tue, Dec 31, 2019 11:38 AM
posted by like_that

It is.  Why make the hire if you are not fully committed?   They knew this would be Freddie's first time as a HC and there would be some growing pains.  Not every first year HC comes right out of the gate winning a bunch of games.  Look at all the head coaches in the playoffs.  The majority of them did not make the playoffs their first season as NFL head coaches. I am not saying Freddie is great, but it's crazy to make the hire and then not even give him a 2nd season to apply what he learned from the previous season.  This franchise has given coaches like Shurmur, WoMangini, Crennel, Pettine and Hue more than one season. 

Also, the Browns schedule did not do Freddie any favors.  Seven of their games were against playoff teams.  You can argue 5 of those 7 games were against a team that has a legitimate shot of winning the SB.  Even some of their non playoff opponents were in the thick of the playoff race until week 17 (Rams and Steelers X2).  That doesn't leave much room for any slip ups against shitty teams, which even happens to the best franchises in the league.  If the Browns had the Bills schedule, we would probably be talking about their playoff matchup and Freddie would have his job.

Yeah, but when the schedule got easy -- geez, losing to the Broncos, Bengals, Cardinals and Steelers   ????  If you can’t beat them, something is wrong.

friendfromlowry

Tue, Dec 31, 2019 2:02 PM

Schefter tweeting that John Dorsey probably on the way out as well. 

Laley23

GOAT

Tue, Dec 31, 2019 2:37 PM

Dorsey getting fired seems like a bad move. 

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Tue, Dec 31, 2019 2:52 PM
posted by Laley23

Dorsey getting fired seems like a bad move. 

It seems odd depending on the coach. McDaniels for instance wouldn't work without his own GM brought in. Not sure how many other coaches are in the same boat. But firing him just to fire him without knowing who you are bring in seems dumb.