2021 NFL Season thread

Home Forums Sports

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, Nov 11, 2021 11:34 PM
posted by Laley23

Ravens are not good. 6-3 for them is a miracle.

This game ain’t over man

Laley23

GOAT

Thu, Nov 11, 2021 11:37 PM
posted by Ironman92

This game ain’t over man

It’s very over.

Laley23

GOAT

Thu, Nov 11, 2021 11:37 PM

If Miami isn’t take 3 knees here, they are some kinda dumb.

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, Nov 11, 2021 11:38 PM
posted by Laley23

It’s very over.

Almost

Laley23

GOAT

Thu, Nov 11, 2021 11:42 PM
posted by Ironman92

Almost

Miami could’ve basically run out the clock. Coaches are so dumb. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, Nov 11, 2021 11:46 PM

Lol

gut

Thu, Nov 11, 2021 11:50 PM
posted by Ironman92

Dolphins 8 penalties in first 10 minutes of the 4th qtr

Love to know how many of those were actual penalties...

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Fri, Nov 12, 2021 6:05 AM

This NFL season is very much looking like a NBA season, where one conference is not worthy to have a team competing for a title.

BR1986FB

Fri, Nov 12, 2021 6:22 AM
posted by Laley23

Ravens are not good. 6-3 for them is a miracle.

100% spot on. One man show and if he's contained, the party's over. This team should/could very well be sub .500. Not impressed and not scared of them. If the Browns defense shows up, they will boat race them.

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Fri, Nov 12, 2021 6:32 AM
posted by BR1986FB

100% spot on. One man show and if he's contained, the party's over. This team should/could very well be sub .500. Not impressed and not scared of them. If the Browns defense shows up, they will boat race them.

It would just be nice if the team actually showed up considering injuries, covid, etc.

BR1986FB

Fri, Nov 12, 2021 7:50 AM
posted by like_that

It would just be nice if the team actually showed up considering injuries, covid, etc.

Right. I think JOK will be back this week and should be in the lineup for them. He was drafted to equalize the Jackson's, Mahomes, Allen, etc. mobility. Division could be very interesting after this weekend if what should happen, does.

Also just saw a ridiculous stat that Jackson was blitzed by the Miami DB's 25 times last night. The most by any team since 2015.

Laley23

GOAT

Fri, Nov 12, 2021 12:19 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Right. I think JOK will be back this week and should be in the lineup for them. He was drafted to equalize the Jackson's, Mahomes, Allen, etc. mobility. Division could be very interesting after this weekend if what should happen, does.

Also just saw a ridiculous stat that Jackson was blitzed by the Miami DB's 25 times last night. The most by any team since 2015.

Combined, the 2 safties had 43. 

Browns ABSOLUTELY have the personnel to do this also. Ward and Newsome have to be able to hold up with Brown/whoever they lineup opposite him. It was really pretty brilliant. Jackson eluding LBs on a blitz or in space is a lot tougher than DBs with the same/close to same speed. They couldnt do shit.

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Fri, Nov 12, 2021 1:38 PM

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32607633/henry-ruggs-lawyers-witness-says-firefighters-slow-extinguish-tina-tintor-vehicle-fatal-crash

"You see, your honor, the problem was NOT that our client was drunk off his ass trying to see if his car could break the speed of sound when that woman got wrecked and killed; the problem was that firefighters didn't get there quickly enough. Maybe they should have been going 156, HUH?!?!"

Interesting strategy. Eagerly awaiting how it plays out.

BR1986FB

Fri, Nov 12, 2021 1:42 PM
posted by Heretic

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32607633/henry-ruggs-lawyers-witness-says-firefighters-slow-extinguish-tina-tintor-vehicle-fatal-crash

"You see, your honor, the problem was NOT that our client was drunk off his ass trying to see if his car could break the speed of sound when that woman got wrecked and killed; the problem was that firefighters didn't get there quickly enough. Maybe they should have been going 156, HUH?!?!"

Interesting strategy. Eagerly awaiting how it plays out.

So stupid. Eat your shit, Mr Ruggs.

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Fri, Nov 12, 2021 1:52 PM
posted by BR1986FB

So stupid. Eat your shit, Mr Ruggs.

As a side note, I was reading online (Twiiter?) that it's up for consideration that the Raiders 2020 draft class could go down in history as worst of all time.

The top two picks both got booted this year with Ruggs and his vehicular homicide and Arnette and his threatening to kill someone online. Of the rest, a couple have roles with the team, while many of them had been cut.  Looking it up, of that class, they have a starting OL and WR and a reserve CB. The WR has gotten less-used as the season has gone on (and only has 29 catches in 20 games) and the OL is considered the one guy who can say he has current success, although PFF only ranks him 60-of-76 among guards.

BR1986FB

Fri, Nov 12, 2021 3:05 PM
posted by Heretic

As a side note, I was reading online (Twiiter?) that it's up for consideration that the Raiders 2020 draft class could go down in history as worst of all time.

The top two picks both got booted this year with Ruggs and his vehicular homicide and Arnette and his threatening to kill someone online. Of the rest, a couple have roles with the team, while many of them had been cut.  Looking it up, of that class, they have a starting OL and WR and a reserve CB. The WR has gotten less-used as the season has gone on (and only has 29 catches in 20 games) and the OL is considered the one guy who can say he has current success, although PFF only ranks him 60-of-76 among guards.

Mike Mayock has whiffed repeatedly since going to LV. I know the term "reach" is thrown out there repeatedly on draft picks but if you look the word up in the dictionary, Mayock's face will be smiling back at you. Sometimes these guys have been taken a couple of rounds too soon. Glad the Browns seem to have gotten that (poor early draft picks) out of their system. If you swing and miss repeated on 1st/2nd rounds (see Manziel/Gilbert picks for Browns) it kills your growth.

Laley23

GOAT

Fri, Nov 12, 2021 3:12 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Mike Mayock has whiffed repeatedly since going to LV. I know the term "reach" is thrown out there repeatedly on draft picks but if you look the word up in the dictionary, Mayock's face will be smiling back at you. Sometimes these guys have been taken a couple of rounds too soon. Glad the Browns seem to have gotten that (poor early draft picks) out of their system. If you swing and miss repeated on 1st/2nd rounds (see Manziel/Gilbert picks for Browns) it kills your growth.

I got to know Mayock quite well during his time at ND. He "used" a lot of our tech everygame. He is -- to put it mildly -- a complete moron. 

BR1986FB

Sat, Nov 13, 2021 5:15 PM

Rams WR Robert Woods suffers season ending torn ACL. Hmmm, wonder if OBJ's dad or Jeff Gillooly were involved?

Ironman92

Administrator

Sat, Nov 13, 2021 5:17 PM

I’m a believer in picking up players like OBJ doesn’t result in a good ending….despite his talent. A little piece of me now not really wanting the Rams to do as well as they should.

Ironman92

Administrator

Sat, Nov 13, 2021 8:50 PM

Ben on virus list. Rudolph to start 🤦🏻‍♂️

Can’t wait to lose to teh Lionz and watch Lions coach cry.

gut

Sat, Nov 13, 2021 9:13 PM
posted by Ironman92

What a disaster.  Hopefully the Lions are so bad, combined with no real film on Rudolph in nearly 2 years, the Steelers make just enough plays to win with defense.

I'm fine with guys being quarantined during the week, but if you were vaccinated you should be able to play, especially if you are asymptomatic (good chance Roethlisberger might not be, since he was held out of practice Wed and Thurs). 

Just charter a separate plane - the QB isn't going to infect the other team during the game.  The NFL season is too short to lose your QB for a bullshit reason like this.

On the other hand, they were probably going to look unprepared and disinterested like they normally do against bottom feeders.  So Rudolph might not be much of a drop-off.

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Sun, Nov 14, 2021 8:53 AM
posted by Ironman92

Naw, still an easy win for the Steelers. Congrats.

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Nov 14, 2021 10:02 AM
posted by like_that

Naw, still an easy win for the Steelers. Congrats.

It doesn’t feel very watchable. You have to admit the Steelers lose a ridiculous game or two every year to one of the bottom teams in the NFL…..this definitely has the makings.

Detroit is the worst team in the NFL and Steelers fall in the middle somewhere. I hope we thrash them but I’m also glad I have something to be at from 12-2:30. So I won’t be able to see first half. The Steelers want any hope of a first round playoff loss…..this is a must win. Rudolph sucks.

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Nov 14, 2021 3:31 PM

These afternoon games are unwatchable. Garbage games

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Nov 14, 2021 3:46 PM

And Rudolph has an open Dionte Johnson on an easy 1st down and likely much more but throws it 90 mph to the edge of his reach from 10 yards away. Just awful. I expect myself to hit that throw.