2021 NFL Offseason

Home Forums Sports

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Tue, Aug 10, 2021 4:52 PM

My interest in the NFL is waning fast. 

friendfromlowry

Wed, Aug 11, 2021 1:43 AM

I just wonder how they arrived at this being necessary and good for the league. I would bet most fans want the opposite of this. 

Laley23

GOAT

Wed, Aug 11, 2021 8:27 AM
posted by friendfromlowry

I just wonder how they arrived at this being necessary and good for the league. I would bet most fans want the opposite of this. 

Taunting — at least the way it’s been called in year past — is only when it’s directed at another player. Like when they stand over then and talk shit or something. Is this rule going to impact celebrations? 

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Wed, Aug 11, 2021 8:51 AM

Ironman92

Administrator

Wed, Aug 11, 2021 11:47 AM
posted by iclfan2

That’s a nothing call. Move on

Ironman92

Administrator

Wed, Aug 11, 2021 11:54 AM

friendfromlowry

Wed, Aug 11, 2021 3:04 PM
posted by Laley23

Taunting — at least the way it’s been called in year past — is only when it’s directed at another player. Like when they stand over then and talk shit or something. Is this rule going to impact celebrations? 

Who knows, maybe. But I’m all for minimizing interruptions to the game. Do we need to stop and negate a big play because a particular player taunted another? 

Laley23

GOAT

Wed, Aug 11, 2021 3:45 PM

I don't have a problem with the first play in the video getting a flag. The Landry one should also, imo -- but thats only cause I hate spiking the ball and wasting time. Spiking the ball should be reserved for a TD. Just talking trash, with no gestures towards another player should be play-on.

BR1986FB

Wed, Aug 11, 2021 8:48 PM

The worst taunting call I saw against the Browns last year was after OBJ gave the Little Rascals "hi" sign where he'd put his hand under his chin and wave his fingers. He did it toward the end zone, not at another player, and he'd been doing it all year and then they decide to call it.

friendfromlowry

Wed, Aug 11, 2021 9:03 PM
posted by BR1986FB

The worst taunting call I saw against the Browns last year was after OBJ gave the Little Rascals "hi" sign where he'd put his hand under his chin and wave his fingers. He did it toward the end zone, not at another player, and he'd been doing it all year and then they decide to call it.

No place for that kind of thuggery in the league! 

Gardens35

Thu, Aug 12, 2021 8:31 PM

Steelers got Joe Schobert.

BR1986FB

Thu, Aug 12, 2021 8:39 PM
posted by Gardens35

Steelers got Joe Schobert.

LOL

gut

Sun, Aug 15, 2021 1:24 PM

Anyone followed the Deshaun Watson case?

What's wrong with a little rub-n-tug?  Apparently, A LOT according to 20+ massage therapists...

Sounds like there could be criminal charges.  But if the media doesn't really care, then I guess the NFL doesn't see a need to "protect the shield".

It's unbelievable how little coverage this has gotten.  Although in the last couple of days it's kind of blowing up, because apparently the NFL investigators treated the accusers like lying sluts.  Because, you know, I'm sure all 20+ women are just gold diggers.

friendfromlowry

Sun, Aug 15, 2021 1:27 PM

Yeah, a few weeks ago he showed up to camp and seemingly the only storylines were about him showing up not to be fined and still possibly being traded. I felt like I was the only one wondering about the dozens of women still accusing him of sexual assault. 

friendfromlowry

Wed, Aug 18, 2021 10:57 PM

Watching Hard Knocks…Ezekiel Elliot seems like a really weird guy. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Fri, Sep 3, 2021 4:52 PM

I don’t do Fantasy but did help my wife with her’s and she had me name it…

She picked Patrick Mahomes, Greg Kittle and Cee Dee Lamb as 3 of her bigger names.

So I gave it the name:

Patty had a Kittle Lamb 🤷🏻‍♂️😁

friendfromlowry

Thu, Sep 9, 2021 4:23 PM

Everyone on the Ravens getting hurt. Add Gus Edwards and Marcus Peters to the season ending list. 

BR1986FB

Thu, Sep 9, 2021 4:26 PM

Everyone on the Ravens getting hurt. Add Gus Edwards and Marcus Peters to the season ending list. 

If this doesn't bump the Browns up to favorites to win the AFCN, nothing will.

friendfromlowry

Thu, Sep 9, 2021 4:31 PM
posted by BR1986FB

If this doesn't bump the Browns up to favorites to win the AFCN, nothing will.

Weren’t they already? Thought I saw the o/u for Baltimore’s season win total at 9.5. I think once Dobbins went down a lot of people thought of them as 2nd or 3rd in the division. 

BR1986FB

Thu, Sep 9, 2021 4:45 PM

Weren’t they already? Thought I saw the o/u for Baltimore’s season win total at 9.5. I think once Dobbins went down a lot of people thought of them as 2nd or 3rd in the division. 

A lot of analysts were still all over Baltimore. What will be interesting is that their offense is predicated off that dive/read option. Now the weight of the world's going to be pretty much all on Lamar's shoulders and I can't wait.

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, Sep 9, 2021 4:49 PM

Top 3 running backs gone…..they’ll be lucky to go 11-5

friendfromlowry

Thu, Sep 9, 2021 5:02 PM
posted by Ironman92

They going to forfeit the 17th game? 😉

superman

Thu, Sep 9, 2021 7:45 PM
posted by Ironman92

Lamar is still there so n only 2 of the top 3 rbs are gone

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, Sep 9, 2021 7:50 PM

They going to forfeit the 17th game? 😉

I hope Covid,without any harm to anyone…..cancels 1 game for all 32 teams. 17 is dumb and greedy…..and dumb