2020 Reds Talk

Home Forums Sports

SportsAndLady

Wed, Aug 19, 2020 11:09 PM

Yeah there’s no way Thom keeps his job or announces a game again anytime soon. We’ve canceled for a lot worse

sportchampps

Thu, Aug 20, 2020 12:33 AM

What an idiot. We all make mistakes but wow. 

I will admit when I was younger and working as a server I was talking to another server who was gay and called something happening as gay. I immediately apologized and stopped using the term as a negative from then on. It was really awkward but luckily my coworker knew me enough to know to know I meant no harm and blew it off. I hope he learns a lesson like I did. I made my mistake in like 2004 which was a completely different time found so today seems outrageous.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Thu, Aug 20, 2020 9:07 AM

I've seen a few "wHaT hApPeNeD tO fReEdOm Of SpEeCh!?!" takes on twitter and I find that sad and hilarious.

Fab4Runner

Tits McGee

Thu, Aug 20, 2020 9:10 AM
posted by justincredible

I've seen a few "wHaT hApPeNeD tO fReEdOm Of SpEeCh!?!" takes on twitter and I find that sad and hilarious.

Every time. 

friendfromlowry

Thu, Aug 20, 2020 9:11 AM

Is there anything more misunderstood than what freedom of speech does/does not allow for. 

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Thu, Aug 20, 2020 9:31 AM
posted by friendfromlowry

Is there anything more misunderstood than what freedom of speech does/does not allow for. 

There is not.

Laley23

GOAT

Thu, Aug 20, 2020 9:50 AM

It’s like the people who think they don’t have to wear a mask when the business is requiring it. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, Aug 20, 2020 9:54 AM
posted by Laley23

It’s like the people who think they don’t have to wear a mask when the business is requiring it. 

Only way more offensive

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Thu, Aug 20, 2020 9:56 AM
posted by justincredible

Most predictable after-effect imaginable. Every single time someone says something shitty and faces repercussions for it, there ALWAYS will be some screaming about freedoms and "wut happened to muh 'Merca?!?!?".

Laley23

GOAT

Thu, Aug 20, 2020 11:03 AM
posted by Ironman92

Only way more offensive

Well yes, for Thom. I meant the “free speech” defenders.

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Thu, Aug 20, 2020 11:41 AM
posted by justincredible

If I said what he said at work, in front of a lot of people, I'd have been canned on the spot.

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Thu, Aug 20, 2020 12:45 PM
posted by justincredible

I've seen a few comments saying Jim Day and Chris Welsh should also be fired because Thom was comfortable enough saying it in front of them.

In the same vein: https://www.barstoolsports.com/blog/2785812/someone-tried-to-cancel-the-kid-who-reported-thom-brenneman-for-saying-fg-in-his-tweet

"Bad reporter man, in reporting what Brenneman said, REPORTED what he actually said ---- HE'S JUST AS BAAAAAADDDDDD!!!!!"

SportsAndLady

Thu, Aug 20, 2020 12:48 PM
posted by Heretic

In the same vein: https://www.barstoolsports.com/blog/2785812/someone-tried-to-cancel-the-kid-who-reported-thom-brenneman-for-saying-fg-in-his-tweet

"Bad reporter man, in reporting what Brenneman said, REPORTED what he actually said ---- HE'S JUST AS BAAAAAADDDDDD!!!!!"

I actually saw that last night since I follow Passan on twitter. That’s pathetic that he apologized. He was REPORTING the slur, how can you not comprehend that? Imagine how sensitive you must be if you can’t even READ the word f*g in a journalists report of a situation. 

Sad times when Passan feels he has to apologize for that

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Thu, Aug 20, 2020 1:08 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

I actually saw that last night since I follow Passan on twitter. That’s pathetic that he apologized. He was REPORTING the slur, how can you not comprehend that? Imagine how sensitive you must be if you can’t even READ the word f*g in a journalists report of a situation. 

Sad times when Passan feels he has to apologize for that

People love to be victims.  "You're not allowed to say"...okay.  

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Thu, Aug 20, 2020 1:57 PM

So he’s been suspended? I haven’t followed since last night. 

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Thu, Aug 20, 2020 2:21 PM
posted by wildcats20

So he’s been suspended? I haven’t followed since last night. 

Suspended is all I've heard so far.

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Thu, Aug 20, 2020 4:06 PM

He’s been removed from FOX’s NFL coverage. 

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Thu, Aug 20, 2020 8:34 PM

Jim Day on the call. Refreshing to not hear someone constantly talking over the game. 

SportsAndLady

Thu, Aug 20, 2020 11:14 PM

Iglesias gonna blow another one? 

SportsAndLady

Thu, Aug 20, 2020 11:37 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

Iglesias gonna blow another one? 

Yyyyyup

Ironman92

Administrator

Fri, Aug 21, 2020 7:50 AM

That was the worst. Bad at bats that could’ve blown open the game and then Iglesias couldn’t make good pitches while the Cards were giving great at bats....then bad luck hurt too.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Fri, Aug 21, 2020 10:43 PM

Reds take the lead late on a Davidson grand slam.

SportsAndLady

Sat, Aug 22, 2020 12:31 AM
posted by justincredible

Reds take the lead late on a Davidson grand slam.

Do you think David bell should be fired?

Feel like the DB hate in my head is a 10/10 but the DB hate on here is like a 5.5/10. Just curious where you fall

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Sat, Aug 22, 2020 11:22 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

Do you think David bell should be fired?

Feel like the DB hate in my head is a 10/10 but the DB hate on here is like a 5.5/10. Just curious where you fall

I don't know that he should be fired right now, but results from this season should definitely inform a decision at the end of the season.

Trimmer36

Sat, Aug 22, 2020 11:28 AM
posted by justincredible

I don't know that he should be fired right now, but results from this season should definitely inform a decision at the end of the season.

I would certainly not rehire him after this season. He hasn't shown a reason to rehire from the decisions he made and continues to make as a manager.