2020 Reds Talk

Home Forums Sports

Laley23

GOAT

Thu, Sep 24, 2020 9:57 AM

I’ll say, the fact Bauer got to 100Ks to finish ahead of DeGrom is gonna go a long way. 

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Thu, Sep 24, 2020 10:06 AM

Doing what he did on short rest in a must-win game has to account for something, as well.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Thu, Sep 24, 2020 10:07 AM
posted by Laley23
It’s close. It’s probably like a single earned run lol.

Bauer has given up a single earned run less than deGrom. But in 10 more innings.

Laley23

GOAT

Thu, Sep 24, 2020 11:31 AM
posted by justincredible

Bauer has given up a single earned run less than deGrom. But in 10 more innings.

So that would make DeGroms Ks more impressive (K/9), likely his K% as well, which makes sense why his FIP is ridiculous and his WAR is also slightly higher. Its splitting hairs, really. I'd love to see Bauer win the award, because I fucking love Bauer. Just think DeGrom was a fraction better this year.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Thu, Sep 24, 2020 11:37 AM

deGrom has about 1 more K per 9.

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, Sep 24, 2020 8:34 PM
posted by Laley23

So that would make DeGroms Ks more impressive (K/9), likely his K% as well, which makes sense why his FIP is ridiculous and his WAR is also slightly higher. Its splitting hairs, really. I'd love to see Bauer win the award, because I fucking love Bauer. Just think DeGrom was a fraction better this year.

Any of the stats account for stadium pitching in?

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Thu, Sep 24, 2020 8:59 PM
posted by Ironman92

Not sure if FIP does or not.

Here are the park factor rankings for the season. GABP is certainly not a pitchers park. Citi Field is middle of the road.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/stats/parkfactor

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Thu, Sep 24, 2020 9:04 PM

Giants lost tonight, which gives the Reds a 1/2 game cushion. Milwaukee plays St. Louis, which helps us regardless of who wins.

Meaningful September baseball is fun. I've missed the shit out of this.

Laley23

GOAT

Thu, Sep 24, 2020 10:16 PM
posted by Ironman92

I think FIP does. ERA+ does. Fangraphs WAR weights FIP more than ERA, so that would be in there as well I think. 

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Fri, Sep 25, 2020 9:06 AM

BRF

Fri, Sep 25, 2020 12:22 PM

Go Reds!

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Fri, Sep 25, 2020 12:26 PM

Do the Reds have any chance whatsoever of keeping Bauer around? Or is he a Dodger in 2021?

Laley23

GOAT

Fri, Sep 25, 2020 1:02 PM
posted by justincredible

Do the Reds have any chance whatsoever of keeping Bauer around? Or is he a Dodger in 2021?

He has always maintained when his arbitration was up he was going to do 1-year deals. This allows smaller market teams to sign him without the long-term risk and financial undertaking. But, he’s also maintained the reason for doing so is to maximize his offers/money each year. So, basically depends on if the Reds wanna be the highest bidder.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Fri, Sep 25, 2020 1:11 PM

He's stated recently that he's not opposed to a longer term deal. I'm just hoping he really likes the fit in Cincinnati. He seems to, but money talks.

Laley23

GOAT

Fri, Sep 25, 2020 1:31 PM
posted by justincredible

He's stated recently that he's not opposed to a longer term deal. I'm just hoping he really likes the fit in Cincinnati. He seems to, but money talks.

I’d love it. He seems to be the type who would say “fuck off” to a big market team, but obviously still wants to get paid close to top dollar. 

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Fri, Sep 25, 2020 1:34 PM

My fear is he's from California, so if the Dodgers or Padres come calling he might be itching to go home.

sportchampps

Fri, Sep 25, 2020 2:12 PM
posted by justincredible

My fear is he's from California, so if the Dodgers or Padres come calling he might be itching to go home.

Yeah my hope is his quirky attitude fits In Cincinnati where the media isn’t critical of everything he does. Would love to be able to keep him on a long term deal or one year deal

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Fri, Sep 25, 2020 7:25 PM

Thomb has officially resigned from the Reds broadcast booth.

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Fri, Sep 25, 2020 8:09 PM
posted by justincredible

Thomb has officially resigned from the Reds broadcast booth.

Bullshit that he wasn’t fired. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Fri, Sep 25, 2020 11:32 PM

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Fri, Sep 25, 2020 11:49 PM

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Fri, Sep 25, 2020 11:50 PM

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Fri, Sep 25, 2020 11:54 PM

So...David Bell? 

Am I still a big fucking moron for not thinking he should have been fired whenever SnL went on one of his numerous tirades against me for having a differing opinion? Or am I okay now?

I'm not saying he's manager of the year, so please don't yell at me again.

Laley23

GOAT

Sat, Sep 26, 2020 12:09 AM

Reds have anything to play for the next 2 games? Asking for an interested party up I-71.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Sat, Sep 26, 2020 12:11 AM
posted by Laley23

Reds have anything to play for the next 2 games? Asking for an interested party up I-71.

2nd in the division, I think.