2020 PGA Thread

Home Forums Sports

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Feb 2, 2020 5:04 PM

Waste Management Open is quite fun. Has a controlled Happy Gilmore feel to it.

Finau looking good

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Feb 2, 2020 6:05 PM

And I jinxed Finau smh

mhs95_06

Sun, Feb 2, 2020 6:39 PM

Webb liked the short side of that 18th green!

Laley23

GOAT

Sun, Feb 2, 2020 8:05 PM

Finau...dude can’t close (but I have him winning Mexico).

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Mon, Feb 3, 2020 9:42 AM

I really wish Finau would win more. He's such a likeable guy.

Spock

Mon, Feb 3, 2020 11:00 AM

WM Open is a fun time I bet

Laley23

GOAT

Mon, Feb 3, 2020 1:41 PM
posted by Spock

WM Open is a fun time I bet

It’s great. Went last year, and thankfully I don't/didn't have to worry about lines, because it was 2+ hours to get into 16 if you don’t line up at 3am and sprint to the hole.

Laley23

GOAT

Mon, Feb 3, 2020 1:43 PM
posted by justincredible

I really wish Finau would win more. He's such a likeable guy.

Ditch the more. Unless you count the alternate tournaments to the WGCs as a real win. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Feb 3, 2020 10:04 PM
posted by Laley23

It’s great. Went last year, and thankfully I don't/didn't have to worry about lines, because it was 2+ hours to get into 16 if you don’t line up at 3am and sprint to the hole.

They showed that. Crazy

Hole seats 17,000

Laley23

GOAT

Mon, Feb 3, 2020 10:09 PM
posted by Ironman92

They showed that. Crazy

Hole seats 17,000

Yep. We did WMO, then drove to Vegas for the Super Bowl. Got hammered on Thursday after landing...no way we were getting up before 8am lol. But, like I said...sometimes my job has its perks!

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Feb 23, 2020 6:27 PM

Maybe another late choke on a Sunday

DeChambeau

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Sun, Feb 23, 2020 6:45 PM

Glad Bryson Douchechambeau choked. 

Laley23

GOAT

Sun, Feb 23, 2020 7:55 PM
posted by wildcats20

Glad Bryson Douchechambeau choked. 

I’m not his biggest fan, but only because of the slow play stuff. I’m kinda shocked by how many people hate him. Reed, Sergio and a few others make sense, but curious on Bryson.

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Sun, Feb 23, 2020 8:02 PM
posted by Laley23

I’m not his biggest fan, but only because of the slow play stuff. I’m kinda shocked by how many people hate him. Reed, Sergio and a few others make sense, but curious on Bryson.

I don’t even care that he’s slow, they “all” are. It’s his attitude about it. Also, his attitude on course is atrocious. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Feb 23, 2020 8:25 PM

Yeah, not rooting for Reed over anyone lol

DeChembeau looked straight amateur on about 5 shots in the last 3 holes...after looking like he was going to shoot a 63

Laley23

GOAT

Sun, Feb 23, 2020 10:02 PM
posted by wildcats20

I don’t even care that he’s slow, they “all” are. It’s his attitude about it. Also, his attitude on course is atrocious. 

They aren’t all that slow. If you go to a few events and stay at a hole or 2 and watch them come through — it’s JB, Cantlay and Bryson. Then everyone else. Most of these guys play ready golf and when it’s there turn hit within a minute. JB doesn’t even start his routine or yardage until he’s up, it’s ridiculous.

kizer permanente

Mon, Feb 24, 2020 9:06 AM
posted by Laley23

They aren’t all that slow. If you go to a few events and stay at a hole or 2 and watch them come through — it’s JB, Cantlay and Bryson. Then everyone else. Most of these guys play ready golf and when it’s there turn hit within a minute. JB doesn’t even start his routine or yardage until he’s up, it’s ridiculous.

It's painful to watch when you have a fast player and a slow player playing together. You feel bad for the fast player. They start getting anxious and antsy and almost always affects their play. PGA always gives lip service about speeding up play then never does anything about it.

kizer permanente

Mon, Feb 24, 2020 9:10 AM

I haven't seen him in years, but Angel Cabrera was very fast player. Routine is very short and hes ready to hit when it's his turn. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Mar 1, 2020 6:03 PM

Almost another collapse.

21 year old Sungjae Im with a 1 shot lead nd hit a bad drive, laid up and from 90 yards missed the green by 20 yards and into the dicey bunker shot.....but remembered he was a pro and hit a huge bunker shot to win his first tournament at the Honda Open

Mackenzie Hughes has a big tournament and took 2nd

Fleetwood had a shot but faded his 2 ball into the water

Laley23

GOAT

Sun, Mar 1, 2020 9:59 PM

Sungjae plays more than any tour pro out there, and has to be exhausted because of it. Goes into the most grueling course on tour and outlasts everyone. Go figure.  

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Mar 1, 2020 10:15 PM
posted by Laley23

Sungjae plays more than any tour pro out there, and has to be exhausted because of it. Goes into the most grueling course on tour and outlasts everyone. Go figure.  

The sand shot after 2 awful shots was so clutch

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Mar 1, 2020 11:15 PM

Just watched on SC and in Fleetwoods downswing some drunk screamed “get in the hole” and he lost that shot bad.

Fleetwood claimed he didn’t hear it but that jackass shouldn’t ever be allowed back

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Mon, Mar 2, 2020 8:56 AM

My golf fantasy league starts this weekend so I'm officially interested in the 2020 season.

This is the year that Rickie finally wins a major (Masters).

Laley23

GOAT

Mon, Mar 2, 2020 9:45 AM
posted by justincredible

My golf fantasy league starts this weekend so I'm officially interested in the 2020 season.

This is the year that Rickie finally wins a major (Masters).

Augusta I guess isn’t form dependent. But nothing about Rickes game suggest he even has a top-20 inside him right now...anywhere. 

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Mon, Mar 2, 2020 9:51 AM

Don't piss on my parade, man.

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Mar 2, 2020 10:57 AM
posted by Laley23

Augusta I guess isn’t form dependent. But nothing about Rickes game suggest he even has a top-20 inside him right now...anywhere. 

Smaller scale but same could be said for Hughes in the Honda Open

If Rickie gets to playing good and feeling it, he’ll be right there