posted by like_that

He has to have the best odds, right?  

He’s got David Boston written all over him

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Thu, Mar 14, 2019 7:48 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

He’s got David Boston written all over h

David Boston was all-pro/pro bowler and had 8 seasons.  I wouldn't consider that a bust.  

SportsAndLady

Thu, Mar 14, 2019 7:50 AM
posted by like_that

David Boston was all-pro/pro bowler and had 8 seasons.  I wouldn't consider that a bust.  

Well shit lol

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Thu, Mar 14, 2019 7:55 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

Well shit lol

lol, I get the reference though, because he was jacked.  

It's pretty incredible the media jerked off to DK's 40 time and vertical leap, but they were very silent on his agility results.  They were TERRIBLE.  Changing direction is kinda important in football, especially for WRs.  If all he can do is run streaks, there are plenty of guys teams can draft in the later rounds.

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Thu, Mar 14, 2019 8:47 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

So let’s play, “who will be the biggest first round bust?”

im going with DK Metcalf

posted by like_that

It's pretty incredible the media jerked off to DK's 40 time and vertical leap, but they were very silent on his agility results.  They were TERRIBLE.  Changing direction is kinda important in football, especially for WRs.  If all he can do is run streaks, there are plenty of guys teams can draft in the later rounds.

Agree with this. Saw a tweet from an analyst that his 3-cone and short shuttle were below average, kind of important for the position. He has a chance to clean it up by his pro day though.

I'll go Kyler Murray as biggest bust.

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Thu, Mar 14, 2019 9:15 AM
posted by iclfan2

posted by like_that

Agree with this. Saw a tweet from an analyst that his 3-cone and short shuttle were below average, kind of important for the position. He has a chance to clean it up by his pro day though.

I'll go Kyler Murray as biggest bust.

He was in the 3 percentile for both I believe.  Good luck cleaning it up.

SportsAndLady

Thu, Mar 14, 2019 10:05 AM

I think Murray will be pretty good I just worry he takes a big hit and gets injured. 

vball10set

paying it forward

Thu, Mar 14, 2019 12:12 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

I think Murray will be pretty good I just worry he takes a big hit and gets injured. 

sorry, I'm just not sold--to me, he is the epitome of being a great college QB and the product of an offensive guru's system--and not allowing to be remeasured at his pro day or run the 40 at either combine sans injury? hmmmmm

SportsAndLady

Thu, Mar 14, 2019 1:21 PM
posted by vball10set

sorry, I'm just not sold--to me, he is the epitome of being a great college QB and the product of an offensive guru's system--and not allowing to be remeasured at his pro day or run the 40 at either combine sans injury? hmmmmm

No need to apologize haha we all have our opinion. And you’re not wrong either! He definitely didn’t do himself any favors yesterday at his pro day. 

When I watch his tape and watch him throw, he makes accurate, NFL throws. That’s why I think he can be a good QB in the right system. 

BR1986FB

Fri, Mar 15, 2019 9:39 AM

Wow, Dave Gettleman is terrible. Giants fans have to be pissed. After the OBJ trade, which is going to force the NYG's to eat some dead money, along with the fact they got fleeced in the trade, they sign Golden Tate in FA. Tate's skill set essentially mirrors Sterling Shephard's and the best part? They help out their division foe (Eagles) by signing their player and giving them a 4th round compensatory pick.

SportsAndLady

Fri, Mar 15, 2019 9:50 AM
posted by BR1986FB

Wow, Dave Gettleman is terrible. Giants fans have to be pissed. After the OBJ trade, which is going to force the NYG's to eat some dead money, along with the fact they got fleeced in the trade, they sign Golden Tate in FA. Tate's skill set essentially mirrors Sterling Shephard's and the best part? They help out their division foe (Eagles) by signing their player and giving them a 4th round compensatory pick.

His moves in Carolina were terrible too. Let Norman walk, gave Kalil a huge contract, drafted Benjamin in round 1, etc. I’m sure there are more. 

He reminds me of a GM the browns would have hired circa 2010. Lol

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Fri, Mar 15, 2019 10:37 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

His moves in Carolina were terrible too. Let Norman walk, gave Kalil a huge contract, drafted Benjamin in round 1, etc. I’m sure there are more. 

He reminds me of a GM the browns would have hired circa every year since 1999

FIFY

None of us have mentioned it yet (I believe), but it's hilarious this is happening with Shurmur as the HC. 

BR1986FB

Fri, Mar 15, 2019 11:02 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

He reminds me of a GM the browns would have hired circa 2010. Lol

I'm just glad that, for once, Haslam made the right choice and didn't go with Gettleman.

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Fri, Mar 15, 2019 11:05 AM
posted by BR1986FB

I'm just glad that, for once, Haslam made the right choice and didn't go with Gettleman.

Was he rumored to be in the running?  I always thought it was Dorsey's job if he wanted it (and maybe Manning).

Laley23

GOAT

Fri, Mar 15, 2019 12:06 PM

Saw a fan Tweet:

Tate and Moncrief had almost identical numbers, but Moncreif is 6-3, and plays on the outside; Tate is 5-10 and plays the same spot as Shepard. 

Moronic signing, and that’s before the price paid compared to production/ages

SportsAndLady

Fri, Mar 15, 2019 12:12 PM
posted by like_that

Was he rumored to be in the running?  I always thought it was Dorsey's job if he wanted it (and maybe Manning).

It’s crazy to think Dorsey was fired by the chiefs

BR1986FB

Fri, Mar 15, 2019 12:32 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

Andy Reid

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Fri, Mar 15, 2019 12:37 PM
posted by BR1986FB

It'll be even better when they don't go QB in the first round and show their intent to ride Eli until the dude literally dies on the field.

vball10set

paying it forward

Fri, Mar 15, 2019 12:43 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

crazy, but what a blessing ;)

BR1986FB

Fri, Mar 15, 2019 12:46 PM
posted by Heretic

It'll be even better when they don't go QB in the first round and show their intent to ride Eli until the dude literally dies on the field.

Yeah, they are getting some shit for that Saquon Barkley selection now. Great player but could've had their QB. Heard an interview with a guy from the NY media who said "half the city wears giant Eli paper heads (like you'd see at a college hoops game) while the other half are holding pitchforks, wanting him out of town.

BR1986FB

Fri, Mar 15, 2019 2:47 PM

Titans trade for Ryan Tannehill...

SportsAndLady

Fri, Mar 15, 2019 6:22 PM

Tyreek Hill investigated for allegedly breaking his 3 year old son's arm

friendfromlowry

Fri, Mar 15, 2019 7:08 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

Fuck this guy if true. 

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Fri, Mar 15, 2019 8:41 PM

Not one ounce of surprise that Hill abused his kid. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Fri, Mar 15, 2019 9:04 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

My god.