2019 Off-Season NFL Chatter

Home Forums Sports

SportsAndLady

Sun, Mar 10, 2019 9:40 AM
posted by slingshot4ever

He is the coach, not GM.  Credit should go to Mayock

Gruden is running the show dude. Mayock wasn’t even there when they traded cooper. 

Laley23

GOAT

Sun, Mar 10, 2019 10:17 AM
posted by slingshot4ever

He is the coach, not GM.  Credit should go to Mayock

Yeah...no. Gruden made the trade with Dallas, and Oakland flipped it for AB. Even if Mayock gets credit for this one (Gruden is basically a co-GM), Gruden gets credit for the tougher one to pull off.

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Sun, Mar 10, 2019 11:26 AM
posted by Automatik

Oakland made out for sure. 

I think we all knew whoever got Brown would make out. He wanted out and made it clear he did, while acting like a complete nutcase every time he spoke. No one is going to get remotely equal value when that happens and talent talks, leading to a situation where teams would still want him because of that talent and the belief that if things go well, he'll be chill; but they aren't going to give up anything of note for him. Hell, part of me is surprised they even got as much as two picks with one being a third-rounder, with the way the last few weeks have gone.

SportsAndLady

Sun, Mar 10, 2019 12:24 PM
posted by Heretic

I think we all knew whoever got Brown would make out. He wanted out and made it clear he did, while acting like a complete nutcase every time he spoke. No one is going to get remotely equal value when that happens and talent talks, leading to a situation where teams would still want him because of that talent and the belief that if things go well, he'll be chill; but they aren't going to give up anything of note for him. Hell, part of me is surprised they even got as much as two picks with one being a third-rounder, with the way the last few weeks have gone.

Instead of calling AB a nutcase, perhaps Steelers fans needs to look at how their organization is ran, instead. That has to be the most dysfunctional organization right now in the NFL, and AB saw that. So did Leveon. When you let the inmates run the asylum for so long, don't be surprised (and definitely don't call them nutjobs) when they fire back at the people in charge. 

Especially when you have idiots like Big Ben and their GM who call the players on the team "kids" and how everyone needs to STFU and listen to Big Ben because 10 years ago a ref handed him a Super Bowl. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Mar 10, 2019 1:54 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

Instead of calling AB a nutcase, perhaps Steelers fans needs to look at how their organization is ran, instead. That has to be the most dysfunctional organization right now in the NFL, and AB saw that. So did Leveon. When you let the inmates run the asylum for so long, don't be surprised (and definitely don't call them nutjobs) when they fire back at the people in charge. 

Especially when you have idiots like Big Ben and their GM who call the players on the team "kids" and how everyone needs to STFU and listen to Big Ben because 10 years ago a ref handed him a Super Bowl. 

I think he fits the ranks as a nutjob...or at least a diva going nuts for a while. I think AB is very smart but he acted a ton of crazy during this time. I can agree with everything he said and still think he was a nutjob the last 10 weeks.

Automatik

Sun, Mar 10, 2019 3:37 PM

Ben and Holmes won that SB in '08.

It's a combo of fuck head players and management.

kizer permanente

Sun, Mar 10, 2019 6:15 PM

I’m not sure why Oakland, who is in rebuild mode, is going after Amari Coopers and Antonio Browns. That’s not a great recipe for rebuilding. 

gut

Sun, Mar 10, 2019 6:50 PM
posted by Heretic

I think we all knew whoever got Brown would make out. He wanted out and made it clear he did, while acting like a complete nutcase every time he spoke. No one is going to get remotely equal value when that happens and talent talks...

I think the BUF deal may have been decent, but the problem was AB wanted a bunch more money, with a bunch of it guaranteed, and threatening to hold out or retire if he didn't get the deal he wanted.

In other words, he and Rosenhaus somehow made AB a free agent despite 3 years left on his contract.

Hate seeing him get everything he wants.  That isn't right.

gut

Sun, Mar 10, 2019 6:53 PM
posted by Ironman92

I think AB is very smart ...

gut

Sun, Mar 10, 2019 6:56 PM
posted by kizer permanente

I’m not sure why Oakland, who is in rebuild mode, is going after Amari Coopers and Antonio Browns. That’s not a great recipe for rebuilding. 

I think he just wanted someone to generate some buzz and excitement.  And you have to spend cap on someone - you can only carry so much over.

Depending on how they structure the deal, potentially they even spin around and trade him after a year.  Who knows.

More than a few people seem to think Brown will be throwing water coolers at Derek Carr by October.

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Mon, Mar 11, 2019 6:03 PM
posted by Heretic

Two things about the Casserly comments.

1. This is the dude who drafted notable busts Heath Shuler and David Carr early in the first round.

2. He also has a side job involving preparing prospects for the interview process.

So this is basically a guy with a shitty record of quarterback picking blasting a guy for not doing his interview-prep class. Dude deserves to be.laughed out of any room he's giving his opinion in for that shit!

To add to the "Casserly is a fucking retard whose opinion should not be taken seriously about anything" bonfire, he also apparently thinks that Dallas threw the ball to Dez Bryant too much last year. Which is pretty impressive, being how he wasn't on their team at all last year.

BR1986FB

Mon, Mar 11, 2019 6:59 PM
posted by Heretic

To add to the "Casserly is a fucking retard whose opinion should not be taken seriously about anything" bonfire, he also apparently thinks that Dallas threw the ball to Dez Bryant too much last year. Which is pretty impressive, being how he wasn't on their team at all last year.

Pretty safe to say Old Chuck's lost his fastball. Game has passed him by a bit.

friendfromlowry

Mon, Mar 11, 2019 9:30 PM
posted by Heretic

Sounds like some Stephen A insight 

SportsAndLady

Mon, Mar 11, 2019 9:39 PM

Some weird FA moves. Weird seeing Suggs not with Baltimore. Honey badger in KC (with Eric Berry?). $50M guaranteed for fucking Nick Foles. 6 year contract for Landon Collins. 

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Mon, Mar 11, 2019 9:44 PM

Barr to the Jets. 

BR1986FB

Tue, Mar 12, 2019 7:24 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

Some weird FA moves. Weird seeing Suggs not with Baltimore. Honey badger in KC (with Eric Berry?). $50M guaranteed for fucking Nick Foles. 6 year contract for Landon Collins. 

The best part of all of this is that CJ Mosley & Suggs are no longer in the division.

BR1986FB

Tue, Mar 12, 2019 7:25 AM
posted by iclfan2

Barr to the Jets. 

Jets have lost their minds between Mosley & Barr.

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Tue, Mar 12, 2019 8:06 AM
posted by BR1986FB

Jets have lost their minds between Mosley & Barr.

$17m a year for a lb who struggles in coverage... wow

BR1986FB

Tue, Mar 12, 2019 8:11 AM
posted by iclfan2

$17m a year for a lb who struggles in coverage... wow

He's improved in coverage, I believe, but he's still not great and they overpaid big time.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Tue, Mar 12, 2019 8:20 AM

I don't know anything about that guy, but I do know the Jets are dumb so it doesn't surprise me.

BR1986FB

Tue, Mar 12, 2019 8:24 AM
posted by justincredible

I don't know anything about that guy, but I do know the Jets are dumb so it doesn't surprise me.

They got two good LB's but man did they pay out the nose.

SportsAndLady

Tue, Mar 12, 2019 8:45 AM

I don’t hate the moves the jets have made

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Tue, Mar 12, 2019 9:05 AM
posted by BR1986FB

They got two good LB's but man did they pay out the nose.

Mac is GMing for his job right now, so it makes sense.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Tue, Mar 12, 2019 9:06 AM

Jets still in heavily on Bell and Matt Paradis.

BR1986FB

Tue, Mar 12, 2019 9:08 AM
posted by justincredible

Jets still in heavily on Bell and Matt Paradis.

Where the Hell are they getting all of this money? What was their cap situation? They're spending like the Raiders.