2019 Off-Season NFL Chatter

Home Forums Sports

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Wed, Mar 6, 2019 9:25 AM
posted by vball10set

^^^is that supposed to be the tail of a jet or something?

Yeah, I think so. I like the idea, but not sure I love that execution of it. I think it would grow on me, but I'd prefer something a little more aggressive. A fighter jet starting at the back of the helmet, ending at the front, essentially making it the helmet stripe, would be much better, imo.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Wed, Mar 6, 2019 9:26 AM
posted by like_that

I kinda like these. 

Yeah, overall I don't hate it. I actually like the jersey and pants. I'd just be a little disappointed if that ends up being the helmet.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Wed, Mar 6, 2019 9:27 AM

I will say, I love the matte green of the helmet. 

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Wed, Mar 6, 2019 9:28 AM
posted by like_that

I kinda like these. 

I’m not a fan of the green they used, but I agree. 

SportsAndLady

Wed, Mar 6, 2019 9:37 AM
posted by vball10set

posted by vball10set

#1? LoL...no

posted by SportsAndLady

Not saying I agree with it!

you know how teams fall in love with QBs 

the more I listen to the talking heads, the more I realize...son of a bitch, S&L might be right!!!

Haha just saw Mcshay’s mock and he’s got Murray #1. 

I cant believe the cards would get rid of Rosen that quickly, but like I said, teams fall in love with QBs this time of year. 

SportsAndLady

Wed, Mar 6, 2019 9:37 AM
posted by like_that

I kinda like these. 

I do, too

SportsAndLady

Wed, Mar 6, 2019 9:40 AM
posted by iclfan2

I don't know if this was posted, but Casserly said Murray was terrible in the interview portion of the combine. I'm glad we aren't sitting there looking for a qb at 1 because I don't want anything to do with Murray. Not sure he's that much of an upgrade from Rosen to spend a 1.

A lot of people have confused reactions to him saying teams didn’t like Murray in interviews. They basically said that he is very instinctive instead of a book worm so maybe that rubs people the wrong way. 

I think he’s just a different dude. Not that that’s good or bad. 

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Wed, Mar 6, 2019 9:46 AM

I am interested to see what the going price will be for Rosen.  I can see a team trading their first round pick for him.  My delusional brother in law (Giants fan) thinks a 3rd round would do it. 

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Fri, Mar 8, 2019 12:20 AM

LMAO, have fun in fucking Buffalo AB!

vball10set

paying it forward

Fri, Mar 8, 2019 8:31 AM

not sure who's more of a drama queen, OBJ or AB...just pick a fucking team and move on

SportsAndLady

Fri, Mar 8, 2019 8:31 AM
posted by vball10set

not sure who's more of a drama queen, OBJ or AB...just pick a fucking team and move on

I don't think OBJ is in the same drama universe as AB

vball10set

paying it forward

Fri, Mar 8, 2019 9:46 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

I don't think OBJ is in the same drama universe as AB

maybe not, but drama's drama (and yeah, AB's taking it to a new level)

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Fri, Mar 8, 2019 9:49 AM

If a 2nd is the asking price and they can't get it, I would send a 3rd or 2 3rds for AB right now. 

friendfromlowry

Fri, Mar 8, 2019 11:21 AM
posted by vball10set

In their defense, it's not like they're free agents drawing this out. They can only go where their teams trade them, if they do. And in more of AB's defense, he's playing with an asshat of QB. But that's all the defending I can do of him. Never been a big fan, even after he moves on from Pittsburgh. 

friendfromlowry

Fri, Mar 8, 2019 12:39 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

In their defense, it's not like they're free agents drawing this out. They can only go where their teams trade them, if they do. And in more of AB's defense, he's playing with an asshat of QB. But that's all the defending I can do of him. Never been a big fan, even after he moves on from Pittsburgh. 

Nvm. Just saw where a major reason why the Buffalo trade fell through was because AB probably wasn't going to show up. 

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Fri, Mar 8, 2019 1:58 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

A lot of people have confused reactions to him saying teams didn’t like Murray in interviews. They basically said that he is very instinctive instead of a book worm so maybe that rubs people the wrong way. 

I think he’s just a different dude. Not that that’s good or bad. 

Two things about the Casserly comments.

1. This is the dude who drafted notable busts Heath Shuler and David Carr early in the first round.

2. He also has a side job involving preparing prospects for the interview process.

So this is basically a guy with a shitty record of quarterback picking blasting a guy for not doing his interview-prep class. Dude deserves to be.laughed out of any room he's giving his opinion in for that shit!

friendfromlowry

Sat, Mar 9, 2019 12:00 PM

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26198578/broncos-propose-alternative-trying-onside-kick

Denver Broncos propose changing from onside kick to instead after scoring in the 4th quarter, you can (one time) line up from your own 35yd line, it's 4th and 15 and if you convert then you keep the possession. I kind of like it. IMO, there's nothing less exciting than it being a two score game and you need to recover an onside kick. I feel like I've only seen an onside kick recovered a few times in my life. 

Verbal Kint

Sat, Mar 9, 2019 12:13 PM

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26198578/broncos-propose-alternative-trying-onside-kick

Denver Broncos propose changing from onside kick to instead after scoring in the 4th quarter, you can (one time) line up from your own 35yd line, it's 4th and 15 and if you convert then you keep the possession. I kind of like it. IMO, there's nothing less exciting than it being a two score game and you need to recover an onside kick. I feel like I've only seen an onside kick recovered a few times in my life. 

Sounds similar to what the pirate from Washington State wanted to put in NCAA a few years ago

Laley23

GOAT

Sat, Mar 9, 2019 3:09 PM
posted by Verbal Kint

Sounds similar to what the pirate from Washington State wanted to put in NCAA a few years ago

It is what the flag football league does.

Ironman92

Administrator

Sat, Mar 9, 2019 7:17 PM

I dont like it. Play better the first 3 quarters and don’t wait until the other team has gained acomfortable lead because they were more ready for the fsme

Automatik

Sun, Mar 10, 2019 12:46 AM

AB to Oakland. ✌🏼️

Laley23

GOAT

Sun, Mar 10, 2019 12:52 AM

Gruden basically got AB and a 1st, for Cooper, a 3rd and a 5th. Gotta give him some credit there.

Automatik

Sun, Mar 10, 2019 1:29 AM

Oakland made out for sure. 

slingshot4ever

Sun, Mar 10, 2019 9:18 AM
posted by Laley23

Gruden basically got AB and a 1st, for Cooper, a 3rd and a 5th. Gotta give him some credit there.

He is the coach, not GM.  Credit should go to Mayock