2019 MLB THREAD

Home Forums Sports

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Thu, Aug 1, 2019 11:09 AM
posted by Verbal Kint

Umm, they already had #1, #4, #7 in AL ERA before acquiring Greinke and his 6th best NL ERA.  They can go full rest in the playoffs and not pitch short days with only 3 starters.  Jebus

Huh, I'd forgotten all about Wade Miley to the point that when I read this, my reaction was, "Uh, you know Morton's in TB now, right?". I mean, until this year, Miley was as forgettable a pitcher as there was, but still, bad on me.

Verbal Kint

Thu, Aug 1, 2019 11:35 AM
posted by Heretic

Huh, I'd forgotten all about Wade Miley to the point that when I read this, my reaction was, "Uh, you know Morton's in TB now, right?". I mean, until this year, Miley was as forgettable a pitcher as there was, but still, bad on me.

Agree, Miley is very forgettable, but he would be an ace on more clubs than not this year, was at the game Tuesday and someone asked facetiously where the hole the lineups was, I stated I guess Chirinos, next inning he goes yard off Bieber, world domination by the Astros

Laley23

GOAT

Thu, Aug 1, 2019 6:07 PM

Wade Miley the most recent beneficiary of heading to Houston. Let’s not pretend Bauer wasn’t telling the truth about what’s going on there.

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Fri, Aug 2, 2019 12:51 PM
posted by Laley23

Wade Miley the most recent beneficiary of heading to Houston. Let’s not pretend Bauer wasn’t telling the truth about what’s going on there.

Won't deny that. Verlander looked like his best days were behind him when he left DeToilet to go there, Morton was the definition of mediocre and inconsistent with Pittsburgh and Cole had the stuff, but was inconsistent and couldn't be counted on in the clutch with Pittsburgh. And now they're all All-Star guys who get Cy Young consideration. Especially when you consider that Cole and Morton were with Pittsburgh during the time you were always hearing that Searage was among the best pitching coaches in the league...to improve that much after leaving him might say a little something.

Ironman92

Administrator

Fri, Aug 2, 2019 12:58 PM
posted by Heretic

Won't deny that. Verlander looked like his best days were behind him when he left DeToilet to go there, Morton was the definition of mediocre and inconsistent with Pittsburgh and Cole had the stuff, but was inconsistent and couldn't be counted on in the clutch with Pittsburgh. And now they're all All-Star guys who get Cy Young consideration. Especially when you consider that Cole and Morton were with Pittsburgh during the time you were always hearing that Searage was among the best pitching coaches in the league...to improve that much after leaving him might say a little something.

All rejuvenated....just like however Roger Clemens did it in the mid 90’s

Ironman92

Administrator

Sat, Aug 3, 2019 12:26 PM

The 3 plays Vince Velasquez made in LF (he’s a pitcher) ....not a LF in baseball makes all 3, maybe no RF. He didn’t make the one but scooped an inbetween hop and lasered the ball home to just miss another assist.

His reaction/jump on the 15% probability catch was incredible....Andruw Jones-like

BRF

Sat, Aug 3, 2019 10:20 PM

Astros........smh

Can anyone stop them now?

Ironman92

Administrator

Sat, Aug 3, 2019 11:32 PM

Walker Buehler complete game 15 strikeouts and went to 3 balls on 1 batter, the final one

BR1986FB

Thu, Aug 8, 2019 2:02 PM

Pretty cool. Just saw where the Yankees/White Sox will play a game at the field where "Field of Dreams" was filmed. They are going to put in 8000 seats for the makeshift stadium. They will play in Aug 2020.

Laley23

GOAT

Thu, Aug 8, 2019 5:14 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Pretty cool. Just saw where the Yankees/White Sox will play a game at the field where "Field of Dreams" was filmed. They are going to put in 8000 seats for the makeshift stadium. They will play in Aug 2020.

Imagine being the farmer who turned them down for filming because he would lose a bunch of crop that season...

...especially since the guy who accepted was just down the road a few miles and is rolling in cash ever since.

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, Aug 8, 2019 5:59 PM
posted by Laley23

Imagine being the farmer who turned them down for filming because he would lose a bunch of crop that season...

...especially since the guy who accepted was just down the road a few miles and is rolling in cash ever since.

That’s not how farmers think though.

Ironman92

Administrator

Fri, Aug 9, 2019 3:07 PM

Laley23

GOAT

Fri, Aug 9, 2019 3:40 PM

Do Jays have any arms in their system? Because their lineup is shaping up to be lethal in the coming years.

Ironman92

Administrator

Fri, Aug 9, 2019 4:06 PM
posted by Laley23

Do Jays have any arms in their system? Because their lineup is shaping up to be lethal in the coming years.

I don’t think so but they are a good watch

Tatis Jr should be on this team

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Sat, Aug 10, 2019 11:25 AM

Did you see Todd's game tying bomb for the Mets last night? Fuckin' crushed it.

Ironman92

Administrator

Sat, Aug 10, 2019 2:59 PM
posted by justincredible

Did you see Todd's game tying bomb for the Mets last night? Fuckin' crushed it.

Yeah, great pitch lol. Good place to miss.

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Aug 12, 2019 11:54 PM

Tatis Jr just continues to make ridiculous plays at SS

20 year old Alomar and 2nd, 20 year old Andruw Jones in CF and 20 year old Pudge at catcher....he’s with them all

Laley23

GOAT

Tue, Aug 13, 2019 2:29 AM
posted by Ironman92

Tatis Jr just continues to make ridiculous plays at SS

20 year old Alomar and 2nd, 20 year old Andruw Jones in CF and 20 year old Pudge at catcher....he’s with them all

But where do you rank Bo Bichette?

Ironman92

Administrator

Tue, Aug 13, 2019 10:23 AM
posted by Laley23

But where do you rank Bo Bichette?

Bo is 21 and I haven’t watched enough of him yet. Kid is a stud and has shown great instincts at SS. He looks like a great SS....the other 4 I mentioned above, they were making plays no one else could make. I’ve seen Tatis make 5-6 plays this year that I believe no other SS in baseball makes.

Ironman92

Administrator

Tue, Aug 13, 2019 1:59 PM

Phillies fire hitting coach and hire 75 year old Charlie Manuel

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Aug 18, 2019 3:39 PM
posted by GOONx19

I don't know if this was posted anywhere else, but Bill Walton's first MLB game highlights are awesome.

https://twitter.com/NBCSWhiteSox/status/1162606474843107330

Really was 

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Aug 19, 2019 6:49 PM

White Sox don’t have a single player in the top 140 of walks