Worst idea I’ve heard

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Jul 15, 2019 4:06 PM

Giants up 16-0 at Rockies....top of 6th

Ironman92

Administrator

Tue, Jul 16, 2019 8:49 PM

Two years ago I put on here that Cody Bellinger was must watch baseball.....since then he’s leading MLB in homers

Laley23

GOAT

Tue, Jul 16, 2019 9:03 PM
posted by Ironman92

Two years ago I put on here that Cody Bellinger was must watch baseball.....since then he’s leading MLB in homers

He should be in AAA, let’s be honest.

Ironman92

Administrator

Tue, Jul 16, 2019 10:40 PM
posted by Laley23

I wouldn’t be surprised if he was by the end of the year

vball10set

paying it forward

Fri, Jul 19, 2019 8:05 AM
posted by Laley23

actually, if we're being honest, AAA is where you go to learn to hit off speed pitches--but being an expert on all things sports, you already knew that (and yes, I realize you were mocking my post from two years ago--well played!)

vball10set

paying it forward

Tue, Jul 30, 2019 12:56 PM

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/27283398/which-teams-most-need-make-move-wednesday-afternoon

6. Cleveland Indians

Speaking of windows, the Indians are trying to balance the difficult task of a small-market franchise (that also draws poorly) trying to win now while also keeping an extended window of contention going. They've won three straight division titles and are just two games behind the Twins. It helps that the other three teams in the AL Central remain in poor shape -- not just for 2019, but probably for 2020 as well. Still, if Bauer isn't traded now, he'll be traded in the offseason, and Francisco Lindor is under team control through only 2021, so he also becomes trade fodder down the road.

That means this could be their best chance to break their World Series drought -- they haven't won it all since 1948 -- and their final chance with this group of players that broke through in 2016. I'd keep Bauer and look to add a bat or two -- maybe Domingo Santana from the Mariners or Yasiel Puig from the Reds.

Laley23

GOAT

Tue, Jul 30, 2019 1:08 PM

If the Yankees can’t get what they want from Mets (or anyone else), I’d say take it or leave it:

• Bauer for Frazier & Andujar. I’d try for Florial as well, with Garcia reportedly unavailable.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Wed, Jul 31, 2019 8:36 AM

Puig to the Indians, Bauer to the Reds, Trammell to the Padres.

Laley23

GOAT

Wed, Jul 31, 2019 11:19 AM
posted by justincredible

Puig to the Indians, Bauer to the Reds, Trammell to the Padres.

You forgot the other 4 guys to the Indians. I can’t beleive they got such a haul for Bauer.

Ironman92

Administrator

Wed, Jul 31, 2019 11:43 AM
posted by Laley23

You forgot the other 4 guys to the Indians. I can’t beleive they got such a haul for Bauer.

Insanely great trade for Cleveland 

No clue WTF the Padres are doing

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Wed, Jul 31, 2019 11:47 AM
posted by Laley23

Yeah, to get an "ace" haul for a good, if erratic, pitcher who had one legit great year and then reverted almost to his norm this year is really good, especially considering that, what, next year is the only year of control left on his current contract?

BR1986FB

Wed, Jul 31, 2019 12:08 PM
posted by Ironman92

Insanely great trade for Cleveland 

No clue WTF the Padres are doing

ESPN saying the Padres are the big winners in that trade.

Laley23

GOAT

Wed, Jul 31, 2019 12:36 PM
posted by BR1986FB

No, just Keith Law. 

Laley23

GOAT

Wed, Jul 31, 2019 12:39 PM
posted by Heretic

Yeah, to get an "ace" haul for a good, if erratic, pitcher who had one legit great year and then reverted almost to his norm this year is really good, especially considering that, what, next year is the only year of control left on his current contract?

TBQH, I think it’s better than an Ace haul. Maybe less top end talent if you project out. But to get a proven power bat with team control for 5 seasons is nuts — to me, it’s better than 3 prospects in a teams top 5. That never happens as the “secondary” piece to a trade. Definitely helped going 3 team route as neither team had to give up the whole haul...but to Cleveland’s benefit, they still got that “haul”.

And on top of that 2 LHP. One who is the 12th best prospect for Cincy (3-5 starter projection) and a kid in rookie ball hitting .330 who is said to be a wizard with the bat. I would’ve been happy with Reyes, Puig and another minor leaguer throw in. They got 2 established players and 3 pretty damn good prospects.

Ironman92

Administrator

Wed, Jul 31, 2019 12:49 PM
posted by BR1986FB

lol ok...biggest reach ever

Trammel could end up being a really talented MLB player but we’ll see.

Reyes is already a power hitting force and they gave up a controllable lefty too

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Wed, Jul 31, 2019 12:49 PM

Which leads to the follow-up: Which good pitcher had the shittier trade deadline week?

1. Bauer: Goes from wild card team that still is easily in hunt for division title to sub-.500 team that has to leapfrog a bunch of teams to get anywhere where the only saving grace is that none of those teams are particularly good.

2. Stroman: Gets out of non-contending Toronto to go to New York like he wanted. Except it's the season-long (whoops, make that multi-season long) running joke that's the Mets, instead of the Yankees.

Laley23

GOAT

Wed, Jul 31, 2019 2:20 PM
posted by Heretic

Which leads to the follow-up: Which good pitcher had the shittier trade deadline week?

1. Bauer: Goes from wild card team that still is easily in hunt for division title to sub-.500 team that has to leapfrog a bunch of teams to get anywhere where the only saving grace is that none of those teams are particularly good.

2. Stroman: Gets out of non-contending Toronto to go to New York like he wanted. Except it's the season-long (whoops, make that multi-season long) running joke that's the Mets, instead of the Yankees.

Stroman is back home, so by default Bauer.

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Wed, Jul 31, 2019 5:56 PM

Looks like today's biggest moment came at the end of the deadline, with Houston picking up Greinke to give them one fuck of a good 1-2-3 for the playoffs.

vball10set

paying it forward

Wed, Jul 31, 2019 9:09 PM
posted by Heretic

Looks like today's biggest moment came at the end of the deadline, with Houston picking up Greinke to give them one fuck of a good 1-2-3 for the playoffs.

Yeah, they pretty much have the AL sewn up—if they hadn’t already 

Verbal Kint

Wed, Jul 31, 2019 10:32 PM
posted by Heretic

Umm, they already had #1, #4, #7 in AL ERA before acquiring Greinke and his 6th best NL ERA.  They can go full rest in the playoffs and not pitch short days with only 3 starters.  Jebus

Laley23

GOAT

Wed, Jul 31, 2019 10:48 PM

Gonna take a few timely HRs and great pitching to beat them. Yankees, Red Sox and Twins have the ability offensively. Ironically, Tribe might have the only shot on both sides. I doubt it would be enough, but they have random power that can bite Houston for a few games.

That said, I’ve thought they were the best team in the AL for 3 years running. Now they are just a video game lineup.