2018 NFL Season Chatter

Home Forums Sports

mhs95_06

Mon, Dec 10, 2018 10:52 PM
posted by Ironman92

Not sure he added but a couple inches but Wagner most certainly used his hands 

Maybe they need a new rule that they cannot waive off a flag without having incontrovertible video evidence.  I remember the ref announcing there was no flag on the play.  I say I saw you throw it right there on the ground!  Maybe the right term to use was no foul on the play.

SportsAndLady

Mon, Dec 10, 2018 10:55 PM

Announcers creamed all over wagners play. Yet it was illegal

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Dec 10, 2018 10:56 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

Quite the game changer

mhs95_06

Mon, Dec 10, 2018 11:28 PM
posted by Ironman92

Quite the game changer

Yes, indeed!  Would have been 1st down on the 15 yd line, trailing just 6-0.

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Mon, Dec 10, 2018 11:33 PM
posted by iclfan2

This game is trash. Defilippo not exactly helping his case for HC somewhere. And thanks for not showing up Russ

No he isn't. As someone who was singing his praises earlier this season, I'm off that bandwagon. Esp considering the weapons and QB he has, no excuse.

Commander of Awesome

Senior Pwner

Mon, Dec 10, 2018 11:34 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

lol glad I wasn't the only one who noticed that. Soon as they did an in depth review, silence. AWKWARD

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Tue, Dec 11, 2018 8:49 AM

Lots of chatter on Jets forums a while back of wanting DeFillipo. That talk quieted down a while back.

Kinda crazy that Minny is still in line for the 6th playoff spot. Lots of mediocrity in the middle of the NFC when 3 teams sitting at 6-7 are just a half a game out of the 6th seed.

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Tue, Dec 11, 2018 11:19 AM

For those on the Mitch bandwagon...

https://twitter.com/PFF_Steve/status/1072488988848603136

He has done nothing to show me he was worth 2 first round picks.  When the Bears win it is because of their ridiculous defense.  They are going to have to play lights out like they did against the Rams to make a run in the playoffs.  If they are down and need Mitch to make plays near the end of a game, I don't see them winning.

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Tue, Dec 11, 2018 12:10 PM
posted by justincredible

Lots of chatter on Jets forums a while back of wanting DeFillipo.

Aaand he's fired. He cost himself a lot of money probably. (Watch Browns hire him as HC next year now)

BR1986FB

Tue, Dec 11, 2018 12:11 PM
posted by iclfan2

Aaand he's fired. He cost himself a lot of money probably. (Watch Browns hire him as HC next year now)

Doubt it. A lot of guys don't like him.

BR1986FB

Tue, Dec 11, 2018 2:39 PM

I'm surprised the Redskins haven't kicked the tires on Kaepernick. He supposedly says he's "ready" to play for them but what kind of football shape is he in? Redskins have the worst QB situation in football right now.

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Tue, Dec 11, 2018 3:22 PM
posted by BR1986FB

I'm surprised the Redskins haven't kicked the tires on Kaepernick. He supposedly says he's "ready" to play for them but what kind of football shape is he in? Redskins have the worst QB situation in football right now.

That'd be my main concern. He's a system QB, where if your offensive system doesn't involve a lot of out-of-the-pocket work, his effectiveness would be diminished if he was at his peak. And with not having played in a few years, I can't imagine him having the timing or instincts to jump in and help any team without a decent amount of time to re-learn the ropes.

friendfromlowry

Tue, Dec 11, 2018 4:45 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Who knows. But I'm beyond sick of every time a QB gets hurt and he's not signed everyone being outraged. 

BR1986FB

Tue, Dec 11, 2018 5:00 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

Who knows. But I'm beyond sick of every time a QB gets hurt and he's not signed everyone being outraged. 

I'm not outraged. I think he's a putz but I can't believe that Josh Johnson or Dirty Sanchez can be better.

friendfromlowry

Tue, Dec 11, 2018 5:07 PM
posted by BR1986FB

I'm not outraged. I think he's a putz but I can't believe that Josh Johnson or Dirty Sanchez can be better.

I know you specifically aren't. I was referring to some of the sports media I follow on Twitter. And I agree, he's probably a better QB than Sanchez. 

BR1986FB

Tue, Dec 11, 2018 6:46 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

I know you specifically aren't. I was referring to some of the sports media I follow on Twitter. And I agree, he's probably a better QB than Sanchez. 

When I said "I'm not outraged" I knew you weren't referring to me, just a general statement.

As far as Kaep goes, I think part of the reason he's not in the league is because of this rumored "blackball" but I think the bigger reason is that he's a system QB that sucks. Basically RG3 with a little more success. If he wasn't all that great before, I can't imagine he'd be anything special with all of that time off. I don't see him lobbying, like he was before, to return to the league. Is he even working out, etc, etc?

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, Dec 13, 2018 5:14 PM

Help me out here....the Steelers have BLOWN 3 straight games and can’t finish. They have a 1/2 game lead over Baltimore but Steelers face the Patriots and Saints the next two weeks.

Why do most NFL talking heads...why would any at all just assume Steelers are winning the North? I’ve heard it over and over and over since they lost Sunday. How can this keep being said?...to me it’s the least definite thing going that sports analysts keep making a definite. 

They just had Ben go 25-29 with 2 TD and no turnovers, while Raiders had 13  penalties for 130 yards and still lost to the 2-10 Raiders. How can any sports person not at least use the words likely or probable (those words are too strong but not definite like it keeps being said)

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Thu, Dec 13, 2018 6:51 PM
posted by Ironman92

Help me out here....the Steelers have BLOWN 3 straight games and can’t finish. They have a 1/2 game lead over Baltimore but Steelers face the Patriots and Saints the next two weeks.

Why do most NFL talking heads...why would any at all just assume Steelers are winning the North? I’ve heard it over and over and over since they lost Sunday. How can this keep being said?...to me it’s the least definite thing going that sports analysts keep making a definite. 

They just had Ben go 25-29 with 2 TD and no turnovers, while Raiders had 13  penalties for 130 yards and still lost to the 2-10 Raiders. How can any sports person not at least use the words likely or probable (those words are too strong but not definite like it keeps being said)

They will most likely win the division, especially with the tiebreakers.  Congrats. 

Laley23

GOAT

Thu, Dec 13, 2018 6:53 PM

Pittsburgh owns tiebreakers right? So a wins means Baltimore needs to go 3-0? Or am I off by a game? 

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, Dec 13, 2018 7:30 PM
posted by Laley23

Pittsburgh owns tiebreakers right? So a wins means Baltimore needs to go 3-0? Or am I off by a game? 

Tie-breakers arent even possible unless they tie with Cleveland or Baltimore ties a game

Pittsburgh 7-5-1

Baltumore 7-6

Steelers play the Patriots, Saints and Bengals

Ravens host the Buccaneers and Browns and play at SD

is it not completely believable and likely the Steelers go 1-2 and the Ravens go 2-1? That’s all it would take.

Laley23

GOAT

Thu, Dec 13, 2018 7:59 PM

Lol, forgot about the tie. Christ. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, Dec 13, 2018 8:09 PM
posted by Laley23

Lol, forgot about the tie. Christ. 

Yeah...I mean had they somehow held on in Cleveland 5 minutes into the season...I’d be fine with the talk. Up 14 with the ball and 7:45 left in the 4th. Season of blows.

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, Dec 13, 2018 8:15 PM

If Chargers win tonight they are legitimate SB contenders...I don’t think they will though.

SportsAndLady

Thu, Dec 13, 2018 8:18 PM

I think chiefs win comfortably.