2017 random college football

Home Forums Sports

mcburg93

permaban to basement

Sun, Jan 7, 2018 8:13 AM
posted by wildcats20

Mike Weber returning to OSU. 

I was very surprised by this. Did not think he would return knowing he would sharing carries with Dobbins. I thought he would move on and hopefully get drafted. I am not sure if it will help him much by coming back. I guess time will tell. Can we fast forward to next season? 

ernest_t_bass

12th Son of the Lama

Sun, Jan 7, 2018 1:10 PM
posted by mcburg93

I was very surprised by this. Did not think he would return knowing he would sharing carries with Dobbins. I thought he would move on and hopefully get drafted. I am not sure if it will help him much by coming back. I guess time will tell. Can we fast forward to next season? 

Hopefully it's for educational purposes.  Get the free education. 

ironman02

Sun, Jan 7, 2018 7:08 PM

Weber wasn't healthy for about the first half of the season.  His stock probably took a pretty big hit because he had been hit by the injury bug again.  However, he showed speed this season that wasn't really there before, so he has worked hard to get stronger and faster.  I actually think another year, even when sharing carries with Dobbins, could really boost his draft stock.  As it was, he was probably a late round pick, but I could see him improving that by quite a bit.  Will definitely be interesting to see a 1-2 punch of Dobbins and Weber, especially if both are healthy the whole season.

ernest_t_bass

12th Son of the Lama

Sun, Jan 7, 2018 8:49 PM

Anyone else boycotting the NCG tomorrow?

SportsAndLady

Sun, Jan 7, 2018 9:10 PM
posted by ernest_t_bass

Anyone else boycotting the NCG tomorrow?

I’m not “boycotting” but I’m not watching. Just have no interest in two SEC teams playing each other. Don’t really GAF that it’s for a national championship.  

Automatik

Mon, Jan 8, 2018 9:42 AM

If Alabama doesn't cover I win some cash. That's as far as my interest goes.

Iliketurtles

Mon, Jan 8, 2018 11:11 AM

I will have it on don't know how much I'll actually pay attention to it. I just hope Georgia wins. 

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Mon, Jan 8, 2018 11:34 AM
posted by Iliketurtles

I will have it on don't know how much I'll actually pay attention to it. I just hope Georgia wins. 

That's what I'll be doing. It'll be on, but I'll be doing other things, so I won't pay much attention unless it gets exciting down the stretch.

ernest_t_bass

12th Son of the Lama

Mon, Jan 8, 2018 1:01 PM

I'll be watching Peaky Blinders on Netflix.  If you've never heard of it... start watching. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Jan 8, 2018 1:31 PM

Yes, watching but rooting for numbers for $$$

Bama 1

Georgia 3

So I want 21-3, 21-13, 31-13, 31-23 scores after quarters 

FatHobbit

Mon, Jan 8, 2018 2:33 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

I’m not “boycotting” but I’m not watching. Just have no interest in two SEC teams playing each other. Don’t really GAF that it’s for a national championship.  

This basically. I may check the score but i have no interest in watching the sec champ play another sec team that couldn't get into the sec championship. 

FatHobbit

Mon, Jan 8, 2018 2:33 PM

To me this is basically LSU v Alabama from a few years ago. 

Verbal Kint

Mon, Jan 8, 2018 3:44 PM

NCAA football is my favorite sport, I forgot this was on tonight, doubt I watch.

Spock

Mon, Jan 8, 2018 4:45 PM

Wont watch the SEC game.

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Mon, Jan 8, 2018 6:06 PM

I won’t be watching, but I go to bed at 8 sooooo. 

I would probably watch on my iPad while my gf watched something on the TV, if I didn’t have to go to bed at 8. 

Spock

Mon, Jan 8, 2018 8:14 PM

Turned on when trump walked out. 

Teams not on field for national anthem.....BS move NCAA.

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Jan 8, 2018 8:22 PM

Hershel Walker won the Heisman 36 years ago and it’s not fair how put together he is at nearly 56 years of age

ironman02

Mon, Jan 8, 2018 8:24 PM

That was a TD if Fromm wasn't under pressure.  Couldn't get enough on the throw, so it turns into a pick.

ironman02

Mon, Jan 8, 2018 8:33 PM

Hurts blew a TD throw too, so I guess they're all even.

Mulva

Mon, Jan 8, 2018 8:52 PM

I just have no interest in this game. Not even as background noise. I expect Bama to end up winning by 10+

ironman02

Mon, Jan 8, 2018 8:56 PM
posted by Mulva

I just have no interest in this game. Not even as background noise. I expect Bama to end up winning by 10+

I'm not all that interested either, but it's the title game so I'm gonna watch and root for Bama to lose.

superman

Mon, Jan 8, 2018 9:14 PM

My son wanted to watch. I'm turning it off now. Horrible QB play.

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Jan 8, 2018 9:24 PM

Why can’t the announcers ever see what they are replaying? We know the hand and  foot were down...they are replaying him landing and then player punching ball loose momentarily.

Should be a catch for my liking but by rule maybe not.

ironman02

Mon, Jan 8, 2018 9:28 PM

1st and Goal at the 10.  Next three plays net zero yards.  That will lose you games against Alabama.

ironman02

Mon, Jan 8, 2018 9:48 PM

Georgia MUST have a TD here.