2017 random college football

Home Forums Sports

ironman02

Mon, Jan 1, 2018 10:50 PM

Great answer by the Bama D.  They have been dominant, but three free points courtesy of the Bama offense right there.

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Jan 1, 2018 11:03 PM

I think the horse collar rule should be ignored when the runner weighs 325 lbs

ironman02

Mon, Jan 1, 2018 11:07 PM

Well, the Dabo luck wasn't around during that last sequence.  Tipped pass picked and returned by a 300 pounder, then he also catches a TD.  

ironman02

Mon, Jan 1, 2018 11:15 PM

Ballgame.

SEC, SEC, SEC for the next week.  Makes me sick.

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Jan 1, 2018 11:20 PM
posted by ironman02

Ballgame.

SEC, SEC, SEC for the next week.  Makes me sick.

Georgia fooled me....but I am not surprised Clemson can’t score on Bama. I knew their defense was good but at no point thought this team could win in this playoff without a Watson type guy leading them.

All that credit the stupid committee they kept giving them for wins over the BC and UVA type teams was ridiculous and now proving true. 

Bama losing to Auburn did all of this.

MontyBrunswick

Tue, Jan 2, 2018 2:01 AM
posted by Ironman92

Bama losing to Auburn did all of this.

The committee putting two SEC teams in the playoff did all of this. 

Georgia earned the right. Alabama didn't. 

ernest_t_bass

12th Son of the Lama

Tue, Jan 2, 2018 7:34 AM

Fuck Alabama.  Fuck the SEC.  I will be observing my right to NOT watch the SEC championship game Round #2.

BR1986FB

Tue, Jan 2, 2018 8:09 AM
posted by ernest_t_bass

Fuck Alabama.  Fuck the SEC.  I will be observing my right to NOT watch the SEC championship game Round #2.

By logic, UCF should be national champs. UCF beat Auburn who beat both Bama & Georgia

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Tue, Jan 2, 2018 8:10 AM

I didn't scroll thru to see if this was mentioned, but did you all critisize Oklahoma's playcalling at the end of the game?  Right before OT and especially during OT.  WTF were they doing?  All of a sudden in OT they decided to take the ball out of their Hesiman winner's hands?   Fucking idiots.  Also, there was no reason to go for the home run on 3rd and 2 right before OT with a couple timeouts and plenty of time on the clock.  

BR1986FB

Tue, Jan 2, 2018 8:17 AM
posted by like_that

I didn't scroll thru to see if this was mentioned, but did you all critisize Oklahoma's playcalling at the end of the game?  Right before OT and especially during OT.  WTF were they doing?  All of a sudden in OT they decided to take the ball out of their Hesiman winner's hands?   Fucking idiots.  Also, there was no reason to go for the home run on 3rd and 2 right before OT with a couple timeouts and plenty of time on the clock.  

This was being discussed on the radio this morning. They (radio guys) said the coach calling the plays had been a 'rock star" all year and then he shriveled at the wrong time.

vball10set

paying it forward

Tue, Jan 2, 2018 8:26 AM
posted by BR1986FB

By logic, UCF should be national champs. UCF beat Auburn who beat both Bama & Georgia

THIS!

Spock

Tue, Jan 2, 2018 9:04 AM

When the ratings for this game comes in and the powers that be feel like they wasted their money.....2 teams from same conference will never happen again.  The SEC is garbage and the committee thinks they nailed it.  

SportsAndLady

Tue, Jan 2, 2018 9:26 AM

A linebacker on Georgia’s defense that just gave up 48 fucking points is yelling “humble yourself” to a guy who walked on at 2 different schools, earned the starting jobs, and won a heisman trophy.

The SEC is the worst. 

Spock

Tue, Jan 2, 2018 9:40 AM

Tom Rinaldi said on ESPN radio that Mayfield was yelling at him to go to Georgia sideline and tell them "good luck" in the 2nd half......LOL

Ironman92

Administrator

Tue, Jan 2, 2018 10:56 AM
posted by like_that

You know I rarely miss a chance to bitch about playcalling ...and I wasn’t alone

MontyBrunswick

Tue, Jan 2, 2018 11:15 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

A linebacker on Georgia’s defense that just gave up 48 fucking points is yelling “humble yourself” to a guy who walked on at 2 different schools, earned the starting jobs, and won a heisman trophy.

The SEC is the worst. 

He was probably referring to the fact that the Heisman winner has the maturity of a 13 year old (grabbing his nuts, planting flags at stadiums, etc)

SportsAndLady

Tue, Jan 2, 2018 12:40 PM
posted by MontyBrunswick

He was probably referring to the fact that the Heisman winner has the maturity of a 13 year old (grabbing his nuts, planting flags at stadiums, etc)

Meh. That stuff doesn’t bother me at all. 

Automatik

Tue, Jan 2, 2018 12:45 PM

Me either. Grabbing the nuts was a dumbass move, but the flag plant was awesome. I was just pissed it was against my team. 

MontyBrunswick

Tue, Jan 2, 2018 1:20 PM
posted by Automatik

Me either. Grabbing the nuts was a dumbass move, but the flag plant was awesome. I was just pissed it was against my team. 

The flag plant would be OK if it were a massive upset. (App State over Michigan, for example).

In his case, it's childish and unnecessary. You play for Oklahoma.

SportsAndLady

Tue, Jan 2, 2018 1:30 PM
posted by MontyBrunswick

The flag plant would be OK if it were a massive upset. (App State over Michigan, for example).

In his case, it's childish and unnecessary. You play for Oklahoma.

That makes zero sense. It’s immature if you play for Oklahoma but not immature if you play for appy State? Huh

Automatik

Tue, Jan 2, 2018 1:37 PM

We smoked them last year, they come into the Shoe and do the same. Not a big deal.

If the shoe were on the other foot we'd be loving it.

MontyBrunswick

Tue, Jan 2, 2018 2:48 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

That makes zero sense. It’s immature if you play for Oklahoma but not immature if you play for appy State? Huh

Oklahoma beating another big time school in OSU doesn't warrant that big of a charade. It wasn't that far fetched of a win.

Act like you've been there before.

FatHobbit

Tue, Jan 2, 2018 7:03 PM
posted by Automatik

We smoked them last year, they come into the Shoe and do the same. Not a big deal.

If the shoe were on the other foot we'd be loving it.

I'm not a fan of flag planting or logo dancing, but I'm also not really upset he did it. Don't like it, win the game. 

Con_Alma

Wed, Jan 3, 2018 1:07 PM

Rich Rod has been fired from the recently made public allegations.