2017 NFL chatter, continued...

Home Forums Sports

superman

Fri, Dec 8, 2017 9:09 PM
posted by Heretic

Said by the guy who thought JuJu should have gotten three games, lol.

Only because he tried to do it again.   Sorry your team is dirty

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Fri, Dec 8, 2017 9:38 PM
posted by superman

Only because he tried to do it again.   Sorry your team is dirty

Maybe even #2 behind yours!

superman

Sat, Dec 9, 2017 9:43 AM
posted by Heretic

Maybe even #2 behind yours!

I agree totally. Marvin has no control over idiots like Burfict and Iloka and he needs to go for that reason.  The big difference is everyone acknowledges the Bengals are dirty but the Steelers have this reputation as just playing hard nosed football.  

SportsAndLady

Sat, Dec 9, 2017 10:48 AM
posted by superman

I agree totally. Marvin has no control over idiots like Burfict and Iloka and he needs to go for that reason.  The big difference is everyone acknowledges the Bengals are dirty but the Steelers have this reputation as just playing hard nosed football.  

It's refereshing to see a fan of a dirty team admit his team is dirty. All my Steeler friends keep mentioning how dirty Burfict is, how he deserved it, how dirty the Bengals are...never admit that thier POS franchise is a culture of scumbags. 

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Sat, Dec 9, 2017 11:56 AM
posted by superman

I can agree with that; it's the difference between being a perennial power/network darling and not -- things get spun in your favor. Kind of like how Dallas gets "elite franchise" TV time even though they've been a pretty mediocre franchise for the last 20 years, where their most noteworthy attribute in reality is "How's Jerry gonna make an ass of his senile self this time?".

Ironman92

Administrator

Sat, Dec 9, 2017 9:20 PM

Interested in how many friends S&L has that are Steelers fans?

SportsAndLady

Sun, Dec 10, 2017 11:37 AM
posted by Ironman92

A lot. Almost all of my college buddies were from Pittsburgh and huge Steelers/Pens fans (notice no Pirates)

thavoice

Sun, Dec 10, 2017 12:43 PM
posted by Ironman92

Friends (plural) and sports lady, does not compute.

Mitchellis def a dirty player but my h of what He said is legit.    We all want nasty guys on our defense.   It's the NFL.    

You want guys who get right up to that line.   Burfict gets ultra scrutinized.   Warranted abit but much of it over exaggerated and that makes him a target for refs.

If he could clean up his dumb penalties, he hit BR late right?, then I'd take him in our defense

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Dec 10, 2017 1:15 PM

I’ll guess about 6-7 AFC teams and their fans will be hoping the Steelers win tonight. If Ravens win that last WC spot will be plugging up a great deal. If Jags win they’ll root for Ravens I imagine hoping they can snatch the #2 seed...but Ravens losing would almost guarantee they and a winning Titans team are in the playoffs.

friendfromlowry

Sun, Dec 10, 2017 1:24 PM

AJ Green doesn’t GAF anymore and I don’t really blame him.

thavoice

Sun, Dec 10, 2017 3:09 PM

Congrats to the Browns on a good win today.    Amazing what happens when you get a talented player, Gordon, on the field and someone in the front office with some balls who holds players accountable.

Future is bright with finally having competency drafting players and a lot of stock piled picks and cap space.  

Likely not next year but I see them contending in 2 seasons.   Steelers window will slam shut, Bengals are the bengals, and  the Browns will be competing vs the ravens for the North

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Dec 10, 2017 3:12 PM

Browns might finish off any reason for Aaron Rodgers to return this season

SportsAndLady

Sun, Dec 10, 2017 3:21 PM
posted by thavoice

Congrats to the Browns on a good win today.    Amazing what happens when you get a talented player, Gordon, on the field and someone in the front office with some balls who holds players accountable.

Future is bright with finally having competency drafting players and a lot of stock piled picks and cap space.  

Likely not next year but I see them contending in 2 seasons.   Steelers window will slam shut, Bengals are the bengals, and  the Browns will be competing vs the ravens for the North

Fuck you

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Sun, Dec 10, 2017 3:31 PM
posted by wildcats20

Did anyone see Tom Savage have some sort of seizure or something after getting hit? 

https://twitter.com/taylortwellman/status/939939952657424384

Damn, that didn't look good.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Sun, Dec 10, 2017 3:34 PM

Man, the Bengals are getting absolutely manhandled by the Bears. No way Marvin survives this season, right? They HAVE to move on. Finally.

thavoice

Sun, Dec 10, 2017 3:35 PM
posted by Ironman92

Browns might finish off any reason for Aaron Rodgers to return this season

Agreed.   With this loss there is no reason to risk it.   Give Hundley more PT for future times Rodgers is out.  Figured they would get their first win today 

thavoice

Sun, Dec 10, 2017 3:37 PM
posted by justincredible

Man, the Bengals are getting absolutely manhandled by the Bears. No way Marvin survives this season, right? They HAVE to move on. Finally.

Very well may be the last straw.  They are hindered with injuries but when your supposed best player, AJ, mail's it in then that is proof the coach has lost the team

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Dec 10, 2017 3:37 PM

I’m not watching but everything is saying the Bengals have quit. Getting the shit beat out of them by the Bears.

I prefer he stay...but Marvin should be fired now.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Sun, Dec 10, 2017 3:39 PM
posted by Ironman92

I’m not watching but everything is saying the Bengals have quit. Getting the shit beat out of them by the Bears.

I prefer he stay...but Marvin should be fired now.

Agreed, he shouldn't be the HC tomorrow. 

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Sun, Dec 10, 2017 3:45 PM
posted by justincredible

Damn, that didn't look good.

He was out for 2 plays, came back in for a series, and then tried to come out again and the docs wouldn't let him. 

The fact that he was allowed to ever come back on the field is so disturbing. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Dec 10, 2017 3:50 PM

Carolina trying to blow a huge game

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Dec 10, 2017 3:55 PM

Carolina can not afford to blow this game...and even at home