Oscar Mercado is Gone (A Story of The 2022 Cleveland Guardians)

Laley23

GOAT

Tue, Oct 11, 2022 11:00 PM

Guards had a ton of hard hit outs. Kwan looks very locked in, and so does Jose. Get Rosario back on track and they can do some damage. 

Naylor and Gonzalez way too aggressive, which is their M.O. and whatever, but hurt us tonight. 

But we can play with these guys. Just need a few more clutch hits.

birddog23

Wed, Oct 12, 2022 8:01 AM

Two things from last night that stuck out to me, that won't beat the Yankees:

1. Top 3rd,  bases loaded, 1 out and get no runs. Need something there. Kwan homered earlier that inning and I think just pushing one more run across would've really swung the momentum. 

2. Top 8th, Ramirez leads off with single. Chance to get something going. Naylor hits a hard ball right at Rizzo down 1B line. Easy DP. That kind of ended it there. I think if Ramirez scores that inning, there's a chance for magic in the 9th because top of the order would've been due back up for the Guards.

Oh well, baseball is a funny game. They had Cole going and "should've" won anyway. Bieber in game 2, I like our chances. And then McKenzie back for game 3 in CLE.

Laley23

GOAT

Wed, Oct 12, 2022 9:58 AM
posted by birddog23

Two things from last night that stuck out to me, that won't beat the Yankees:

1. Top 3rd,  bases loaded, 1 out and get no runs. Need something there. Kwan homered earlier that inning and I think just pushing one more run across would've really swung the momentum. 

2. Top 8th, Ramirez leads off with single. Chance to get something going. Naylor hits a hard ball right at Rizzo down 1B line. Easy DP. That kind of ended it there. I think if Ramirez scores that inning, there's a chance for magic in the 9th because top of the order would've been due back up for the Guards.

Oh well, baseball is a funny game. They had Cole going and "should've" won anyway. Bieber in game 2, I like our chances. And then McKenzie back for game 3 in CLE.

Rosario and Gonzalez are beneficial to the team because they are aggressive hitters. But Oscar swinging first pitch there REALLY let Cole off the hook after Rosarios smart baserunning loaded the bases. Have to take a pitch in that scenario as his pitch count was climbing, we had the momentum, and their bullpen is depleted.

QuakerOats

Fri, Oct 14, 2022 12:30 PM

Go Tribe! 

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Fri, Oct 14, 2022 12:31 PM
posted by QuakerOats

Go Tribe! 

Yes sir!  We need Bieber’s best again today.

Laley23

GOAT

Fri, Oct 14, 2022 1:34 PM

Can we score 3 runs? Probably not. So 0-2 incoming.

QuakerOats

Fri, Oct 14, 2022 3:49 PM

Judge with 4 K's; hope he doesn't come to the plate again; we need to end it in regulation.  

Laley23

GOAT

Fri, Oct 14, 2022 4:18 PM

Too many fastballs from Karinchak today.

QuakerOats

Fri, Oct 14, 2022 4:24 PM

lucky to get out of that mess

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Fri, Oct 14, 2022 4:34 PM

Shaping up to end badly…

QuakerOats

Fri, Oct 14, 2022 4:50 PM

gotta get a run in the 10th 

QuakerOats

Fri, Oct 14, 2022 5:02 PM

Yuge

Laley23

GOAT

Fri, Oct 14, 2022 5:03 PM

Lets get another! 

QuakerOats

Fri, Oct 14, 2022 5:19 PM

W

Laley23

GOAT

Fri, Oct 14, 2022 5:24 PM

Fuck yes. Step by step...but getting out of Rays was a huge success for these guys. Not getting swept and getting a true postseason feel will do wonders for them. But now, lets just go win the damn series!

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Fri, Oct 14, 2022 5:25 PM

Phew. Huge

BR1986FB

Fri, Oct 14, 2022 5:49 PM

Bieber getting out of that one out, runner on 2nd & 3rd jam was the turning point. If those runs score they're done. Nice win. Put em' away in Cleveland.

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Sat, Oct 15, 2022 7:38 AM

It's hilarious seeing the national media and anyone outside of watching the AL Central react to Cleveland's brand of baseball. 

Uhh yeah guys, it's called "baseball." 

BR1986FB

Sat, Oct 15, 2022 10:17 AM
posted by like_that

It's hilarious seeing the national media and anyone outside of watching the AL Central react to Cleveland's brand of baseball. 

Uhh yeah guys, it's called "baseball." 

I laughed listening to a post game show where they said "Cleveland left the Yankee fans stunned" as if those arrogant SOB's (Yankee fans) thought they were just going to show up and have it given to them.

BRF

Sat, Oct 15, 2022 10:50 AM

Awesome!

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Sat, Oct 15, 2022 12:36 PM
posted by BR1986FB

I laughed listening to a post game show where they said "Cleveland left the Yankee fans stunned" as if those arrogant SOB's (Yankee fans) thought they were just going to show up and have it given to them.

Yankee fans thought they had it in the bag up 2-0.  By the 10th, there seemed to be a collective “Who the hell are these guys?”

cat_lover

Sat, Oct 15, 2022 12:52 PM

Just win baby!!

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Sat, Oct 15, 2022 1:45 PM

Windy up here today.  Don’t know if that favors anyone, but it will play a role. 

Laley23

GOAT

Sat, Oct 15, 2022 2:47 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

Windy up here today.  Don’t know if that favors anyone, but it will play a role. 

In or out — and that will be your answer lol.

BR1986FB

Sat, Oct 15, 2022 2:49 PM

GO TRIBE !!!