Oscar Mercado is Gone (A Story of The 2022 Cleveland Guardians)

Gardens35

Thu, Jul 14, 2022 4:36 PM

Well, Oscar cleared waivers and is back in CBus just waiting for the next call up.

Laley23

GOAT

Thu, Jul 14, 2022 4:46 PM

WHY WON'T THIS MAN RETIRE?

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Thu, Jul 14, 2022 5:23 PM
posted by Laley23

WHY WON'T THIS MAN RETIRE?

He just wants to earn your approval, man!

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, Jul 14, 2022 5:38 PM

He’s 27….gotta still have hope if you are him of hitting his prime. Maybe his next chance he gets going a bit and catches on ok with another team….maybe bounces around 4-5 more years. Be a lot of cash he will need down the road.

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Thu, Jul 14, 2022 6:13 PM
posted by Ironman92

He’s 27….gotta still have hope if you are him of hitting his prime. Maybe his next chance he gets going a bit and catches on ok with another team….maybe bounces around 4-5 more years. Be a lot of cash he will need down the road.

As a Pirates fan, I totally expect him to end up in our organization at some point, as we're the kings of picking up well-regarded prospects who failed in their initial go of it in the hopes that a change of scenery will do the job. Current success rate: 4.51%, but that doesn't stop 'em from trying!

Laley23

GOAT

Fri, Jul 15, 2022 12:48 AM
posted by Heretic

As a Pirates fan, I totally expect him to end up in our organization at some point, as we're the kings of picking up well-regarded prospects who failed in their initial go of it in the hopes that a change of scenery will do the job. Current success rate: 4.51%, but that doesn't stop 'em from trying!

I wouldn’t worry. He was never highly regarded. Came up in a loaded roster and saw nothing but fastballs as a rookie. You could tell then he was not good —  but had enough clutch hits to get an insanely long leash once the tear down happened and pitchers could actually attack him.

BR1986FB

Fri, Jul 15, 2022 11:31 AM

mickjoff

Sun, Jul 17, 2022 10:38 PM

I agree with you, thank you for sharing.

VoIP virtual phone number

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Jul 17, 2022 11:51 PM
posted by mickjoff

I agree with you, thank you for sharing.

VoIP virtual phone number

740-286-2525

I strongly recommend the 4 meat combo

cat_lover

Tue, Jul 26, 2022 10:33 PM

Clase is a beast.

Gardens35

Wed, Jul 27, 2022 12:07 PM

I just remembered that it was Mercado's play that triggered Bauer to lose his mind. Oscar!

BRF

Wed, Jul 27, 2022 2:30 PM
posted by Gardens35

I just remembered that it was Mercado's play that triggered Bauer to lose his mind. Oscar!

By golly, I think you’re right!

Laley23

GOAT

Wed, Jul 27, 2022 2:32 PM
posted by cat_lover

Clase is a beast.

I think he is the best reliever the Cleveland team has had in my time as a fan. At least this year. Andrew Miller would be a close, close second -- but Clase isnt even close to being touched since that first week of the year, basically. And he has multiple extra innings games where he stranded that runner on 2nd. 

BRF

Wed, Jul 27, 2022 9:54 PM

Boston’s uniform change is almost as bad as the Indians becoming the Guardians. 

Gardens35

Wed, Jul 27, 2022 11:04 PM
posted by BRF

Boston’s uniform change is almost as bad as the Indians becoming the Guardians. 

Preach it brudda.

Laley23

GOAT

Wed, Jul 27, 2022 11:17 PM

They are awful. Pass given that they are honoring the Boston Marathon bombing victims — those were the colors of the marathon that year. But yeah, bad.

Naylor continues to be clutch. And great to see Straw hitting the last month-ish.

Laley23

GOAT

Sat, Aug 6, 2022 4:24 PM

Incredible jinxing power by me. Franmil DFA’d. I cannot believe we kept Ernie on the 40-man over him, despite the horrible season. Has still has gamechanging power and a decent career track record.

BRF

Sat, Aug 6, 2022 8:47 PM

Wow!

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Sun, Aug 7, 2022 1:47 PM
posted by Laley23

Incredible jinxing power by me. Franmil DFA’d. I cannot believe we kept Ernie on the 40-man over him, despite the horrible season. Has still has gamechanging power and a decent career track record.

Ironman was right!

BRF

Sun, Aug 7, 2022 3:05 PM

Great job by McKenzie today in a 1-0 win. Eight innings, 8 K’s, 1 BB and another Clase 9th inning door slam. 

Laley23

GOAT

Sun, Aug 7, 2022 8:15 PM

Man, they just refuse to go away.

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Aug 7, 2022 8:37 PM
posted by Laley23

Lol

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Aug 7, 2022 8:39 PM

This thread is great lol

Gardens35

Mon, Aug 8, 2022 4:17 PM

Well, Franmil has been claimed by the Cubs. Good opportunity for him, I don't think that the Cubs have had a steady/everyday DH this year.