2022-23 NFL Playoffs thread

BR1986FB

Tue, Jan 31, 2023 2:18 PM
posted by justincredible

Boomer Esaison

Easy...the Ginger Water Pistol/Heat Miser and I'm not even a Bengals fan. At least the last long(er) term QB.

QuakerOats

Tue, Jan 31, 2023 3:34 PM

Ken Anderson

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, Feb 2, 2023 6:35 PM

Mixon arrest warrant for aggravated menacing

Edit:

Pointed gun at a woman in downtown Cincinnati 

Edit:

Happened the day before the Bills game ….yikes

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Thu, Feb 2, 2023 7:42 PM

friendfromlowry

Thu, Feb 2, 2023 8:01 PM

They should just cut him now. There was a chance they were going to anyways. 

BR1986FB

Thu, Feb 2, 2023 9:21 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

They should just cut him now. There was a chance they were going to anyways. 

Mixon puts up solid numbers but Perine just seems like a load and more of a rushing weapon.

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, Feb 2, 2023 9:57 PM

Perine doesn’t seem like a lead guy…but I really do like what he brings. Their passing attack is great enough that they should be able to plug another back in there with him.

friendfromlowry

Thu, Feb 2, 2023 10:00 PM

I like Mixon the player. On the football field and locker room he’s a great presence. Then he leaves the stadium and hates women apparently.

He’s just older as far as a running back goes and expensive. They don’t use him enough to justify keeping him. 

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Thu, Feb 2, 2023 10:03 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

I like Mixon the player. On the football field and locker room he’s a great presence. Then he leaves the stadium and hates women apparently.

He’s just older as far as a running back goes and expensive. They don’t use him enough to justify keeping him. 

Agreed. Good player, but easily replaceable with someone younger and cheaper.

BR1986FB

Fri, Feb 3, 2023 8:07 AM
posted by Ironman92

Perine doesn’t seem like a lead guy…but I really do like what he brings. Their passing attack is great enough that they should be able to plug another back in there with him.

Agreed. He's not a bell cow but when the Browns play them I'm thinking "I hope Perine doesn't get a lot of touches" because he concerns me more than Mixon. Dude is such a load that he can create his own holes, regardless of how bad their O-Line is in run blocking.

TedSheckler

Emporium Entrepreneur

Fri, Feb 3, 2023 11:54 AM

Mixon charges being dropped.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Fri, Feb 3, 2023 12:42 PM

Case of wrong identity or ?

superman

Sat, Feb 4, 2023 8:00 AM
posted by justincredible

Case of wrong identity or ?

I think just a prosecutor jumping the gun.  It wasn't a settlement because they had to inform the victim that they were dropping the charges.  They said they might refile.  There are definitely some issues with the details.  If it happened the night before the buffalo game, he was in New York.  They travel on a Fridays

Ironman92

Administrator

Sat, Feb 4, 2023 10:30 PM

Cowboys hire Brian Schottenheimer as OC

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Feb 6, 2023 11:21 AM

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Mon, Feb 6, 2023 11:25 AM

That script, tho.

BR1986FB

Mon, Feb 6, 2023 12:08 PM

No QB taking up more than 13% of the salary cap has won a SB. Mahomes is at 17%. 

Add to that Chris Jones is at 14%. So between a QB and a DT, they almost take up a third of the cap. 

If anyone can buck this trend I think it''s Mahomes but I still think the Eagles win this.

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Feb 6, 2023 12:52 PM
posted by BR1986FB

No QB taking up more than 13% of the salary cap has won a SB. Mahomes is at 17%. 

Add to that Chris Jones is at 14%. So between a QB and a DT, they almost take up a third of the cap. 

If anyone can buck this trend I think it''s Mahomes but I still think the Eagles win this.

Specific numbers there….both were worth their extra % in the AFC Championship

BR1986FB

Tue, Feb 7, 2023 4:25 PM

Nice to see Juju is still a douche, stirring the pot, with his comments about "anywhere but Philly has the best cheese steaks." 1) Dude's just an unaware dumbass and 2) he's probably never had a cheese steak in Philly. How random of a stupid comment.

Laley23

GOAT

Tue, Feb 7, 2023 4:30 PM

Man, Philly Cheese Steaks are so fucking good. Might be ordering one on GoldBelly now...

friendfromlowry

Tue, Feb 7, 2023 6:34 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Nice to see Juju is still a douche, stirring the pot, with his comments about "anywhere but Philly has the best cheese steaks." 1) Dude's just an unaware dumbass and 2) he's probably never had a cheese steak in Philly. How random of a stupid comment.

This extra week can be miserable.

Someone asked Sirianni which Eagles player he wouldn’t want his daughter to date. His daughter is five.