gerb132

Tue, Mar 1, 2022 10:56 PM

Ohio St is good

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Wed, Mar 2, 2022 12:44 PM
posted by gerb132

Ohio St is good

I appreciate the timely use of sarcasm. Not sure what happened to the team that beat Duke (or, for that matter, Illinois on the road last fucking week), but they looked like a team that would get handled by 40 against a top 10 team last night. No defense other than Liddell's blocks and no offense beyond 2-3 people.

I know injuries and illnesses have plagued the team all year and last night they were without Key and only had a few minutes of Young, but getting dumped at home by the shittiest team in the conference is a very bad look.

Laley23

GOAT

Wed, Mar 2, 2022 12:58 PM

The last 3 loses by OSU have been, "worst loss of the season". Which is not a trend you like to see. Thankfully, they cant really top losing at home to Nebraska the rest of the way, so the trend should be done.

friendfromlowry

Sat, Mar 5, 2022 9:28 PM

Of course Duke lost that game. 

Laley23

GOAT

Sun, Mar 6, 2022 10:09 AM
posted by friendfromlowry

Of course Duke lost that game. 

It almost seemed scripted. That was legit the most perfect thing for that rivalry. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Mar 6, 2022 3:58 PM

OSU was up 37-28 and then just sucked the next 11 minutes. UM had a huge run. 28-7 run.

Not good.

friendfromlowry

Tue, Mar 8, 2022 9:33 PM

That NEC championship was bizarre. Fight breaks out in stands, game paused for 25+ minutes. I typically like the small conference championships taking place in small gyms but it didn’t seem to help anything in this instance. Or that they were playing at Bryant’s gym instead of a neutral site. 

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Wed, Mar 9, 2022 11:41 AM

Sucks for Bellarmine that they can be one of the top teams in their small conference and win the conference tournament, only to be fucked out of the Big Dance because they're in a "transitional" stage of moving from D2 to D1 and have to be postseason-ineligible for four years because the NCAA hierarchy is a collection of incompetent twats who exist to screw over others with moronic rules.

So, yeah, big ups to Jacksonville State, who backed into the NCAA tournament despite not even being in the conference tournament championship game because they had a better regular season conference record than the team who won the conference tournament OR the team that beat them in the conference tournament.

Laley23

GOAT

Wed, Mar 9, 2022 11:51 AM
posted by Heretic

Sucks for Bellarmine that they can be one of the top teams in their small conference and win the conference tournament, only to be fucked out of the Big Dance because they're in a "transitional" stage of moving from D2 to D1 and have to be postseason-ineligible for four years because the NCAA hierarchy is a collection of incompetent twats who exist to screw over others with moronic rules.

So, yeah, big ups to Jacksonville State, who backed into the NCAA tournament despite not even being in the conference tournament championship game because they had a better regular season conference record than the team who won the conference tournament OR the team that beat them in the conference tournament.

Its one thing to be on probation. What TF is the point of a 4 year waiting period? LOL

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Wed, Mar 9, 2022 12:53 PM
posted by Laley23

Its one thing to be on probation. What TF is the point of a 4 year waiting period? LOL

According to the NCAA's statement when they devised this dumb-as-fuck idea. I mean, call me insane, but I would think having the second best team in your conference and following that up by winning the conference tournament is as good a way of saying you have a successful, competitive program. However, I'm not the sort of low-tier bureaucrat who gets off over making stupid rules to fuck over student-athletes (while at the same time professing that what they're doing is for their good) that the NCAA loves having on staff, so I might just not be able to relate.

"The resulting structure will ensure that reclassifying members are committed to the D-I philosophy and operating principles," the NCAA statement reads. "In addition, this legislation will increase the likelihood that such institutions will operate successful, competitive programs at the D-I level."

Ironman92

Administrator

Wed, Mar 9, 2022 9:27 PM

Va Tech from 27 at the buzzer to win by 1

Awful defense by Clemson

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Wed, Mar 9, 2022 10:07 PM

Saw Pitino's Iona lost to a 14-18 team in their championship. That'll sting.

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Thu, Mar 10, 2022 2:52 PM

So far today in early-round conference tournament match-ups, both Michigan and Texas have had epic choke-jobs to lose.

Texas led by 18 at the half and Michigan led by 13 and both lost to TCU and Indiana, respectively. Texas was outscored 43-20 in the second half and Michigan was by a 46-28 margin.

Laley23

GOAT

Thu, Mar 10, 2022 3:02 PM

Indiana was down 17 with 12 minutes to go. Season was over. They went on a 28-4 run to take the lead by 7 and held on. That was wild, considering Indiana has been the one blowing double digit leads all season long.

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Thu, Mar 10, 2022 3:07 PM

Meanwhile, Iowa's just out there casually putting up 64 points in 20 minutes on Northwestern. That's something.

From the box score, they're hitting 67.6% from the field and 68.8% from three. And have 15 assists so far.

gerb132

Thu, Mar 10, 2022 7:00 PM

iowa elite 8

gerb132

Thu, Mar 10, 2022 7:01 PM

iowa elite 8

Laley23

GOAT

Thu, Mar 10, 2022 9:40 PM

Fucking Oklahoma. 

friendfromlowry

Thu, Mar 10, 2022 10:15 PM

Kansas has to go through WVU and TCU to get to the Big12 championship game 🙄

Laley23

GOAT

Fri, Mar 11, 2022 2:04 PM

HOOSIERS!!! Goddamn, I am HYPED!

Ironman92

Administrator

Fri, Mar 11, 2022 11:44 PM

VTech has to be in now

friendfromlowry

Sat, Mar 12, 2022 3:02 PM

Sorry Laley. 

….but that was an amazing shot

Laley23

GOAT

Sat, Mar 12, 2022 7:02 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

Sorry Laley. 

….but that was an amazing shot

See, I don’t mind losing on a real offensive play — and Indiana was not cut out for OT.

But don’t call it amazing. Call it what it was. Shit offense and lucky shot.

friendfromlowry

Sat, Mar 12, 2022 10:08 PM

It was amazingly lucky. We’ll go with that. 

It’ll be interesting to see what Duke looks like next year without Coach K. They have problems getting up for big games it seems. I could see them being a 2 seed and eeking it out against the 15 seed.