friendfromlowry

Sun, Mar 27, 2022 10:28 PM

I still think Kansas wins, unfortunately 

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Mar 27, 2022 10:34 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

I still think Kansas wins, unfortunately 

Agree. The one damn year I don’t pick them. I’m going to finish 4th in my pool and top 3 pay.

Laley23

GOAT

Sun, Mar 27, 2022 11:52 PM
posted by Ironman92

And UNC first 30 min vs Baylor can’t be beat

Sure they can, by the Duke team right now.

Duke has the most talent of anyone. And finally shooting it and playing well both sides. Carolinas apex cannot beat Dukes. Nobody can. But nerves and rivalry lends itself to the underdog, so I doubt we see this Duke version in that game.

queencitybuckeye

Mon, Mar 28, 2022 10:21 AM

If there is a God, UNC wins.

Ironman92

Administrator

Tue, Mar 29, 2022 9:19 PM

Tanner Holden has entered the transfer portal…..figured. Wonder if any of the nearby big boys are interested?

birddog23

Wed, Mar 30, 2022 8:28 AM
posted by Ironman92

Tanner Holden has entered the transfer portal…..figured. Wonder if any of the nearby big boys are interested?

Why would he leave? Played over 90 games in three seasons there. Likely will become schools 2nd all-time leading scorer.

65-27 record through his 3 years...I don't get it.

Laley23

GOAT

Wed, Mar 30, 2022 10:56 AM
posted by birddog23

Why would he leave? Played over 90 games in three seasons there. Likely will become schools 2nd all-time leading scorer.

65-27 record through his 3 years...I don't get it.

His name is out there now...chance to go make an impact on a national title contender. Wright State is at best a 1 win team in the NCAAs and at worst a team who doesnt even win their conference.

birddog23

Wed, Mar 30, 2022 11:11 AM
posted by Laley23

His name is out there now...chance to go make an impact on a national title contender. Wright State is at best a 1 win team in the NCAAs and at worst a team who doesnt even win their conference.

How many guys have left a Horizon or MAC school and made a significant impact at a power 5? I know it's happened for other guys leaving small schools...Seth Curry from Liberty to Duke, TJ McConnell from Duquesne to Arizona, Duncan Robinson from a D3 to Michigan, Luke Hancock from George Mason to Louisville.

It is extremely difficult and I just don't see it happenng. I like Holden's game a lot, but he scores nearly a third of his points from the free throw line. Got to play against undersized guards and bigs frequently. Just don't see that translating too well in the Big 10, ACC, etc.

I think he could be like a 8-10 ppg guy at a Rutgers, Clemson, Pitt, Kansas St, Penn St. 

We shall see.

Laley23

GOAT

Wed, Mar 30, 2022 12:29 PM
posted by birddog23

How many guys have left a Horizon or MAC school and made a significant impact at a power 5? I know it's happened for other guys leaving small schools...Seth Curry from Liberty to Duke, TJ McConnell from Duquesne to Arizona, Duncan Robinson from a D3 to Michigan, Luke Hancock from George Mason to Louisville.

It is extremely difficult and I just don't see it happenng. I like Holden's game a lot, but he scores nearly a third of his points from the free throw line. Got to play against undersized guards and bigs frequently. Just don't see that translating too well in the Big 10, ACC, etc.

I think he could be like a 8-10 ppg guy at a Rutgers, Clemson, Pitt, Kansas St, Penn St. 

We shall see.

I agree. He's not a knock down shooter which is a big hinderance. I'm just saying if you are a player, and you have always wanted to play at a big school and make a deep run in March; compete for conference/tournament/NCAA titles, aren't you taking it? You've probably been dreaming of that since you were 7, and just weren't quite good enough out of high school...but now you are. 

Do you hurt your professional chances by leaving? That would be the only reason I could see where you might really think twice if someone like Illinois, Indiana, Tennessee, Arkansas, etc. come calling.

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, Mar 31, 2022 9:10 PM

birddog23

Fri, Apr 1, 2022 6:33 AM
posted by Ironman92

Lol. Spot on.

birddog23

Sat, Apr 2, 2022 3:54 PM

And Tanner Holden ends up at Ohio State....obviously someone had some talks with him before he official entered the portal. Holtmann likes what he sees in him.

Rooting for the guy. I think he can be a critical role guy for the Bucks if buys into the defensive end.

Ironman92

Administrator

Sat, Apr 2, 2022 4:16 PM

Good for Tanner

friendfromlowry

Sat, Apr 2, 2022 8:28 PM

Uneventful first game. Kansas rolls. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Sat, Apr 2, 2022 8:41 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

Uneventful first game. Kansas rolls. 

I know everyone thinks I’m just doing my thing….but I still say Kansas and UNC have been the best teams in this tournament. I’m no basketball savant but I think UNC has a similar type game as Kansas did…likely a bit closer. Duke will be a bit nervous and UNC chip on the shoulder tougher

Of course I hope I’m wrong. I’m still seeing the Roy Williams Championship.

Ironman92

Administrator

Sat, Apr 2, 2022 9:44 PM

I feel like everything the last 10 min is going to be a foul

friendfromlowry

Sat, Apr 2, 2022 10:09 PM

Banchero plays such lazy defense 

friendfromlowry

Sat, Apr 2, 2022 10:23 PM

Feels like an overtime game.

friendfromlowry

Sat, Apr 2, 2022 10:41 PM

Bacot looking like 2010 Dwight Howard out there. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Sat, Apr 2, 2022 11:20 PM

Good game.

Moore, Roach and Griffin struggled shooting and Williams/John couldn’t stay in game.

The two best teams in the tournament will play Monday. Roy Williams Championship game. Not surprised.

mhs95_06

Sat, Apr 2, 2022 11:42 PM
posted by Ironman92

I feel like everything the last 10 min is going to be a foul

Duke takes a 74-73 lead with just over a minute left.  Coach K takes his last time out to set defense.  Roach plays great defense on Davis who drives and goes up for a very off balance shot, and Roach does not touch him, but yet is called for a critical foul and Davis makes 2  for a NC 75-74 lead.  Then Bacot commits an actual foul, but Williams misses both FTs, and Love makes a dagger 3 with less than 30 sec left to put NC in the driver's seat.  The official who called the phantom foul and Williams who missed two FTs bear equal responsibility for the Duke loss!

friendfromlowry

Sun, Apr 3, 2022 12:35 AM

I thought the refs were fine. It was a close game and Duke went 1-4 from free throw and Love hit that incredible shot with 26 seconds left. There’s your ballgame. 

I’ll enjoy Banchero in the NBA. He had that huge block on Bacot after I criticized his defense previously. But get the fuck out of here saving the ball from going out of bounds right to Bacot under the rim for the and-1. Terrible play. 

Coach K will be missed but god damn if he didn’t underachieve sometimes. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Apr 4, 2022 10:11 PM

Kansas shook lol

Like a 33-11 run?

I like UNC’s guards better and their bigs better. I might root for Kansas over UK but not sure.

Laley23

GOAT

Mon, Apr 4, 2022 10:27 PM

Come on Kansas, make it a game. Ochai needs to be anti-himself and try and take over and force.

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Apr 4, 2022 10:39 PM

2nd chance points 18-2

Rebounds 27-18