2021-2022 NCAA Basketball

Ironman92

Administrator

Sat, Mar 26, 2022 12:14 AM
posted by superman

Good effort. Didn't work.

There was like 6 seconds left down 5

It was over. Never let the hot guard get shots off in those moments. He poured in 6 quick and that was it

Ironman92

Administrator

Sat, Mar 26, 2022 12:17 AM
posted by Laley23

I am here for UNC meeting Duke for the first time in the NCAAT /- and ending Ks career. How sweet would that be, and the best rivalry would be turned up that much more.

My least favorite Duke game ever might be that 1994 Final vs Arkansas…..so I’m not real excited about them facing a (nobody talkin about us Arkansas team)

Was rooting like hell for St Peter’s over Purdue, even though it gives UNC the easier path (don’t think Purdue was going to beat UNC)

friendfromlowry

Sat, Mar 26, 2022 12:21 AM
posted by Laley23

Saint Peters by far. Virginia was missing their best player, and it was 1 game.

I thought that too but then again it had never happened and hasn’t happened since. Has it come close to happening again? The #1 seeds won by an average of 25 points this year. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Sat, Mar 26, 2022 12:25 AM

Miami isn’t messing around

Ironman92

Administrator

Sat, Mar 26, 2022 1:59 PM

Duke is 11.5 point favorites?

Everyone betting on the fix being in because no way is this Duke team going to easily win a regional final.

Edit: I’m seeing it Duke by 4 most places. Wherever I saw that on Twitter must really know something lol.

Houston 2.5 point favorites? Doesn’t sound right.

Kansas by 6 and UNC by 8.5

Not sure anyone is playing 6 points better than Miami 

Ironman92

Administrator

Sat, Mar 26, 2022 2:06 PM

ptown_trojans_1

Sat, Mar 26, 2022 2:34 PM
posted by Ironman92

Duke is 11.5 point favorites?

Everyone betting on the fix being in because no way is this Duke team going to easily win a regional final.

Edit: I’m seeing it Duke by 4 most places. Wherever I saw that on Twitter must really know something lol.

Houston 2.5 point favorites? Doesn’t sound right.

Kansas by 6 and UNC by 8.5

Not sure anyone is playing 6 points better than Miami 

It's Duke -4. Favorites did well the 1st round, but underdogs have been killing it each other round. Houston being a favorite feels like a market correction. 

I think the underdogs continue to do well in this elite eight. 

This season has been chaos and any team winning or losing. The tournament is enforcing that. I wouldn't be surprised if any team made the final four or win the thing. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Sat, Mar 26, 2022 2:44 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

It's Duke -4. Favorites did well the 1st round, but underdogs have been killing it each other round. Houston being a favorite feels like a market correction. 

I think the underdogs continue to do well in this elite eight. 

This season has been chaos and any team winning or losing. The tournament is enforcing that. I wouldn't be surprised if any team made the final four or win the thing. 

I’ll be surprised if St Peter’s wins anymore.

Duke/Arkansas….I never saw Arkansas beating Gonzaga so beating Duke is certainly there for the taking. I can see either team winning and near 50/50 to me.

Houston/Nova….I trust Wright more than any coach left. I also trust that Houston don’t care. I feel this is a 65/35 in favor of Nova

Kansas/Miami….I won’t be surprised if Miami turns into what I think and loses by 12 or keeps looking like the best team and wins by 8. Kansas, to me hadn’t looked great but here they are. I feel Kansas in a 60/40 way. I went about 15 straight years where I’d pick Kansas to win….this year had them in finals with Gonzaga.

I like UNC in a 85/15 type of way.

I think it can be argued the top 4 remaining teams are on the right side…if not I’d put UNC in there.

Laley23

GOAT

Sat, Mar 26, 2022 2:45 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

I thought that too but then again it had never happened and hasn’t happened since. Has it come close to happening again? The #1 seeds won by an average of 25 points this year. 

Yeah, but I mean this (15 to E8) hasn't happened either. An 8 winning it all has only happened once. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Sat, Mar 26, 2022 2:51 PM

Best looking teams in tournament still remaining: my thoughts 

1. Kansas

2. Villanova

3. UNC

4. Houston

5. Miami

6. Duke

7. St Peter’s

8. Arkansas

Best path to the finals:

1. UNC

2. Duke

3. Kansas

4. Villanova

5. Houston

6. Miami

7. Arkansas

8. St Peter’s

Best chance to win it all:

1. Kansas

2. UNC

3. Villanova

4. Houston

5. Miami

6. Duke

7. Arkansas

8. St Peter’s

superman

Sat, Mar 26, 2022 3:13 PM

I-92 really trying to put the hex on the Heels.  

The Tar Heels are the best possible match up for the Peacocks.  Carolina does not handle pressure well.  

Arkansas is playing with that cop on their shoulder but I can't see them overcoming on fire Banchero and the NCAA.

NOVA just has some dudes and don't think Houston can overcome.

Kansas will probably walk into the final. 

Laley23

GOAT

Sat, Mar 26, 2022 3:43 PM

Houston has the best odds for the title. But I like Nova and their experienced guard play. In a close game, I KNOW they will get good looks. I don’t know if they make them, but I know they will get them.

I think Kansas has been awesome, and awesome all year, yet nobody seems to want to admit they might be the best.

Ironman92

Administrator

Sat, Mar 26, 2022 3:52 PM
posted by superman

I-92 really trying to put the hex on the Heels.  

The Tar Heels are the best possible match up for the Peacocks.  Carolina does not handle pressure well.  

Arkansas is playing with that cop on their shoulder but I can't see them overcoming on fire Banchero and the NCAA.

NOVA just has some dudes and don't think Houston can overcome.

Kansas will probably walk into the final. 

They are 8 1/2 point favorites and no 15 seed has ever done this. I don’t know how St Peter’s beat Purdue….seemed so much more difficult for them to score but they found a way late and Purdue shrunk. I was rooting like crazy even though it benefitted UNC. I thought UCLA looked as good as anyone this tourney and UNC topped them. Find me 10 analysts and see if 8 of them don’t pick UNC.

It will NOT be Duke/UNC/Nova/Kansas

Miami and Houston best picks to mess that up.

If Duke wins tonight….100% lock UNC wins tomorrow. If Arkansas wins I knock it back to about 60% chance UNC wins.

friendfromlowry

Sat, Mar 26, 2022 5:14 PM

I don’t like Kansas because S&L liked them and god damn if he wasn’t a mega douche. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Sat, Mar 26, 2022 5:23 PM

I don’t like Kansas because S&L liked them and god damn if he wasn’t a mega douche. 

Part of the reason my brackets always had them winning….if he was going to be happy (rare I know) then I was going to win some cash.

Ironman92

Administrator

Sat, Mar 26, 2022 5:24 PM

I don’t like Self

Ironman92

Administrator

Sat, Mar 26, 2022 5:24 PM

I don’t like Self

friendfromlowry

Sat, Mar 26, 2022 9:07 PM

First game was real ugly. Houston 1/20 from three point. Villanova wins shooting 29%. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Sat, Mar 26, 2022 9:12 PM

First game was real ugly. Houston 1/20 from three point. Villanova wins shooting 29%. 

That’s crazy. I felt bad for Houston kids.

Ironman92

Administrator

Sat, Mar 26, 2022 9:49 PM

That last minute was big for Duke. After those 3 early turnovers they took care of the ball and dominating the boards.

ptown_trojans_1

Sat, Mar 26, 2022 10:34 PM

Villanova was the easiest dog I have taken this tournament.

Looking like a Duke-North Carolina Final Four game, unless Saint Peter's continues the magic. 

I think the national title game is Duke v. Kansas. 

friendfromlowry

Sat, Mar 26, 2022 10:37 PM

I hope Jaylin Williams finds a spot in the NBA. Not afraid to get his hands dirty. 

gut

Sat, Mar 26, 2022 10:39 PM
posted by Ironman92

That’s crazy. I felt bad for Houston kids.

All those wide open looks near the end and you could just tell they didn't think it was going in.

Ironman92

Administrator

Sat, Mar 26, 2022 10:51 PM
posted by gut

All those wide open looks near the end and you could just tell they didn't think it was going in.

Teams from 1-68 just didn’t seem to believe they couldn’t make nearly every shot or win every game. It’s been fun to watch. Like every team has 3 guys with ice in their veins. Houston definitely thawed out. Providence did the same the round before…..will Miami join suit tomorrow?

Laley23

GOAT

Sat, Mar 26, 2022 10:52 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

Villanova was the easiest dog I have taken this tournament.

Looking like a Duke-North Carolina Final Four game, unless Saint Peter's continues the magic. 

I think the national title game is Duke v. Kansas. 

Yes on Nova. Made some nice coin with them at +155 on DraftKings! What on earth!?!?