2020 Presidential Election thread

Home Forums Politics

gut

Sun, Oct 18, 2020 10:36 AM
posted by geeblock

Based upon his post the first line says discussion is ok as long as its not actually posted his taxes?

So your contention is they deleted the Hunter email tweets only because they linked to the actual email?  So you think Twitter's policy is that it's ok to discuss fake news, but posting evidence that might make it not fake news is a no-no?

gut

Sun, Oct 18, 2020 10:39 AM
posted by Rotinaj

Where did all the Biden dementia stuff go?

Oh no, he was out of the basement for a few hours a couple of days ago thinking he was running for Senate and forgetting the name of the Mormon from Utah.

geeblock

Sun, Oct 18, 2020 10:41 AM
posted by gut

So your contention is they deleted the Hunter email tweets only because they linked to the actual email?  So you think Twitter's policy is that it's ok to discuss fake news, but posting evidence that might make it not fake news is a no-no?

Point to the part I said that? I asked a simple question lol 

kizer permanente

Sun, Oct 18, 2020 11:22 AM

Did fish give his prediction yet?

I know he talked about it. 

CenterBHSFan

333 - I'm only half evil

Sun, Oct 18, 2020 5:49 PM

I'm seeing more and more of these kinds of statements happen over time. What the fuck?

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Sun, Oct 18, 2020 6:13 PM

IF WE SURVIVE THIS.

jmog

Sun, Oct 18, 2020 7:33 PM
posted by geeblock

Based upon his post the first line says discussion is ok as long as its not actually posted his taxes?

No, they blocked the NYP article and they didn’t post the emails, just what was in them. Just like the NYT article supposedly posted what was in the taxes.

majorspark

Sun, Oct 18, 2020 8:20 PM
posted by CenterBHSFan

I'm seeing more and more of these kinds of statements happen over time. What the fuck?

Re-Education Through Labour: China's Uighur Internment Camps – History's  Shadow

gut

Sun, Oct 18, 2020 8:45 PM

It will be funny when all the witch hunts are dropped after Biden wins to say "wAit WHut haPPenEd to alL DrumPh'S cRImeS?!?"

Bonus points if Biden steps down and Kamala pardons him and his family....

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Mon, Oct 19, 2020 3:13 AM
posted by CenterBHSFan

It's very fitting his last name is Reich. 

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Mon, Oct 19, 2020 9:28 AM

The Director of National Intelligence came out and said they have no indication that the laptop has anything to do with Russian disinformation. Where did the media even come up with that? 

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Mon, Oct 19, 2020 10:35 AM
posted by like_that

It's very fitting his last name is Reich. 

Touche

gut

Mon, Oct 19, 2020 10:56 AM
posted by iclfan2

The Director of National Intelligence came out and said they have no indication that the laptop has anything to do with Russian disinformation. Where did the media even come up with that? 

I think Rudi said it was 50/50 he was a tool of Russian intel.

But what's interesting about the DNI statement is it seems to confirm the laptop is real?  Except I'd only believe confirmation from the FBI/DOJ, and policy prohibits them from doing it.

I'm not sure the emails prove anything any reasonable person didn't already know - that Bidens (and many other politicians) have enriched themselves, friends and family off of selling influence.  It's the only conclusion - Hunter Biden's only qualifications for these deals was being son of the VP.

It happens a lot, although I hope on a smaller scale, with friends & family of Washington insiders getting cushy corporate jobs and Board appointments.  Also notable is Hunter got more than double from Burisma what many Fortune 50's pay their Board members.  But I'm not sure how many of those people are as unqualified as Hunter - Chelsea Clinton, for example, got a job at McKinsey and then another high profile firm but I'm sure she is very, very smart and not a drug addict that failed upwards because of her father.

majorspark

Mon, Oct 19, 2020 2:25 PM
posted by iclfan2

Adam Schiff.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Mon, Oct 19, 2020 2:30 PM
posted by majorspark

Adam Schiff.

Never forget.

ptown_trojans_1

Mon, Oct 19, 2020 2:49 PM
posted by gut

I think Rudi said it was 50/50 he was a tool of Russian intel.

But what's interesting about the DNI statement is it seems to confirm the laptop is real?  Except I'd only believe confirmation from the FBI/DOJ, and policy prohibits them from doing it.

I'm not sure the emails prove anything any reasonable person didn't already know - that Bidens (and many other politicians) have enriched themselves, friends and family off of selling influence.  It's the only conclusion - Hunter Biden's only qualifications for these deals was being son of the VP.

It happens a lot, although I hope on a smaller scale, with friends & family of Washington insiders getting cushy corporate jobs and Board appointments.  Also notable is Hunter got more than double from Burisma what many Fortune 50's pay their Board members.  But I'm not sure how many of those people are as unqualified as Hunter - Chelsea Clinton, for example, got a job at McKinsey and then another high profile firm but I'm sure she is very, very smart and not a drug addict that failed upwards because of her father.

Why the fuck is the DNI on Fox Business? Does anybody ever remember any other DNI going on a cable show, ever? The DNI is supposed to be apolitical and not ever making or pushing policy nor statements of intelligence without the proper context. 

The National Security Adviser should be making these statements. 

I still do not believe a shred of this due to the intelligence is just so marred in politics it is hard to believe at this point. 

majorspark

Mon, Oct 19, 2020 2:50 PM

So it looks like Biden calling a lid on his campaign until after Thursday's debate.

ptown_trojans_1

Mon, Oct 19, 2020 2:51 PM
posted by like_that

Don't take my word for it, take Twitter's word.  

Now, tell me how this policy was applied the same way to the NY Times Trump tax story 5 weeks ago.  Good luck little guy. 

Did the NYT get the info on his taxes from hacking or the normal, traditional sources that reporters use? It is the second and that is the difference. Come on, you know better. 

majorspark

Mon, Oct 19, 2020 2:51 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

I still do not believe a shred of this due to the intelligence is just so marred in politics it is hard to believe at this point. 

Has Biden categorically denied any of it? 

ptown_trojans_1

Mon, Oct 19, 2020 2:55 PM
posted by majorspark

Has Biden categorically denied any of it? 

Would it make a difference to you? Probably not. Voters do not care, nor are they willing to give it any credibility. 

majorspark

Mon, Oct 19, 2020 3:00 PM

Would it make a difference to you? Probably not. Voters do not care, nor are they willing to give it any credibility. 

Actually it would.  And many voters do care.  Anecdotal but my youngest son was home this weekend and told my wife and I this has convinced him to not sit this one out. 

ptown_trojans_1

Mon, Oct 19, 2020 3:04 PM
posted by majorspark

Actually it would.  And many voters do care.  Anecdotal but my youngest son was home this weekend and told my wife and I this has convinced him to not sit this one out. 

So, I guess Biden stating a few days ago the whole thing  was a smear campaign doesn't qualify? 

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Mon, Oct 19, 2020 3:08 PM

Did the NYT get the info on his taxes from hacking or the normal, traditional sources that reporters use? It is the second and that is the difference. Come on, you know better. 

And by what traditional means did reporters use to leak someone's personal tax information?  Did Trump give them authorization? 

majorspark

Mon, Oct 19, 2020 3:10 PM

So, I guess Biden stating a few days ago the whole thing  was a smear campaign doesn't qualify? 

No.  You can be smeared with your own shit. 

ptown_trojans_1

Mon, Oct 19, 2020 3:11 PM
posted by like_that

And by what traditional means did reporters use to leak someone's personal tax information?  Did Trump give them authorization? 

Yes, as in the historical means that reporters have been getting information since newspapers and the press were invented.  

Edit: I caught myself. It does include his personal taxes before 2018 and 2019. It is a mix of business and personal before then.