2018 Midterm predictions

Home Forums Politics

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Thu, Nov 8, 2018 9:02 AM

Not assault. Agreed that Acosta is a jackass (he and Trump are perfect for each other). But, still, not assault.

superman

Thu, Nov 8, 2018 9:23 AM
posted by jmog

No doubt about it. I believe Accosta is an asshole narcissist (just like Trump). His actions yesterday deserved his credentials to be removed.

However, anyone calling it assault is a moron.

https://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Assault

EvErY lEgAl ScHoLaR iS a MoRoN! 

CenterBHSFan

333 - I'm only half evil

Thu, Nov 8, 2018 9:26 AM

ahh well, what does it matter now? They both put on a good round of reality tv. Trump is, of course, patting himself on the back; Acosta is fapping in the bathroom while watching himself on youtube.

SportsAndLady

Thu, Nov 8, 2018 9:37 AM

superman going full retard. 

All in the name of lord and savior Lord Trump. 

What a time to be alive 

Automatik

Thu, Nov 8, 2018 9:42 AM

Rocks for brains. lol 

superman

Thu, Nov 8, 2018 9:52 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

superman going full retard. 

All in the name of lord and savior Lord Trump. 

What a time to be alive 

Soccer boy throwing out personal insults. Shocking

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Thu, Nov 8, 2018 9:52 AM
posted by superman

https://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Assault

EvErY lEgAl ScHoLaR iS a MoRoN! 

I don't think that link really helps your case. 

superman

Thu, Nov 8, 2018 10:00 AM
posted by justincredible

I don't think that link really helps your case. 

Watch the video.  

She is clearly apprehensive after he pushes away her arm.

At Common Lawan intentional act by one person that creates an apprehension in another of an imminent harmful or offensive contact

SportsAndLady

Thu, Nov 8, 2018 10:06 AM
posted by superman

Soccer boy throwing out personal insults. Shocking

First of all, it’s a movie quote that insinuates someone is saying/doing really dumb things. Which you are. 

Second of all, why do you always throw out the soccer jab? Am I supposed to be insulted by liking soccer? Lol 

ernest_t_bass

12th Son of the Lama

Thu, Nov 8, 2018 10:09 AM
posted by superman

Soccer boy 

superman

Thu, Nov 8, 2018 10:09 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

First of all, it’s a movie quote that insinuates someone is saying/doing really dumb things. Which you are. 

Second of all, why do you always throw out the soccer jab? Am I supposed to be insulted by liking soccer? Lol 

Only because you made a big deal about changing your username.  I just think it's funny you get so triggered by that.  

queencitybuckeye

Thu, Nov 8, 2018 10:22 AM

Most events I have seen on video or in person have people who hold the microphone and don't let the questioner have control of it.

SportsAndLady

Thu, Nov 8, 2018 10:24 AM
posted by superman

Only because you made a big deal about changing your username.  I just think it's funny you get so triggered by that.  

Lol. You really are going full retard. 

ptown_trojans_1

Thu, Nov 8, 2018 10:26 AM
posted by superman

You are triggered by this "assault"

Come on bro, let it go. 

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Thu, Nov 8, 2018 10:28 AM
posted by queencitybuckeye

Most events I have seen on video or in person have people who hold the microphone and don't let the questioner have control of it.

That would be the better approach going forward or as I suggested earlier quit televising it and post the script.

superman

Thu, Nov 8, 2018 10:51 AM

So it would appear I fell for fake news.  

The video I saw was the edited one that was posted on Reddit.  It was sped up as his arm came down and zoomed it.  It certainly made it look worse than it was.  Here is a link to the video.

https://twitter.com/PrisonPlanet/status/1060344443616800768?s=19

My bad.  My apologies.  I now realize I looked as dumb as FFL here.  

SportsAndLady

Thu, Nov 8, 2018 10:54 AM
posted by superman

The video I saw was the edited one that was posted on Reddit.  It was sped up as his arm came down and zoomed it.  It certainly made it look worse than it was.  Here is a link to the video.

I stopped reading Reddit recently because of politics. It’s awful. 

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Thu, Nov 8, 2018 10:59 AM
posted by superman

I just saw the edited video, posted by Sarah Sanders, no less. Definite fake news, but I can now see how you might have thought it was worse than it actually was. Poor form by the White House. You don't need extra help to show that Acosta is an asshole.

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Thu, Nov 8, 2018 11:02 AM

I would still love to see what the reaction would be if this was the other way around.  

superman

Thu, Nov 8, 2018 11:08 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

I stopped reading Reddit recently because of politics. It’s awful. 

Yeah you really can't get away from it on there. I really paired down my subscription lost and they AstroTurf political crap into subs that should in no way be political.  

Spock

Thu, Nov 8, 2018 11:17 AM

Jim Acosta does this behavior because he is told to.  No person in their right mind would be this big of an asshat on national television or to a president.  He is controlled by others that tell him to do this.  

CNN is fake news because instead of reporting it they are trying to make it.

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Thu, Nov 8, 2018 12:38 PM
posted by Spock

Jim Acosta does this behavior because he is told to.  No person in their right mind would be this big of an asshat on national television or to a president.  He is controlled by others that tell him to do this.  

CNN is fake news because instead of reporting it they are trying to make it.

Since Trump is a giant asshat on TV all the time, does that mean he also has an owner telling him how to act?

ptown_trojans_1

Thu, Nov 8, 2018 12:40 PM
posted by ptown_trojans_1

Ds take the House, winning an additional 30 seats.  Rs hold on to the Senate as all the races are a wash. Ds hold on to all seats, except North Dakota, but take Arizona. Rs still hold 51-49. I think Ds clean up in Governor's races too. 

Getting back to predictions and results...

I was pretty close. Ds are at a gain of 30 seats with several votes still to count out in CA. I was off on the Senate races, but the Ds did clean up the Gov races. 

Overall as well, the polls and the general narrative going into the night turned out to be right. The Ds would take the House and the Rs would most likely control the Senate. The wave happened, it was just more singles and doubles then home runs as the big names in Tx, GA, and FL lost. 

Polling also was fairly accurate as the only big misses were I believe in TN and FL. Everything else occurred within the margin of error.

In comparison to previous waves, Dave Wassermann at the Cook Political report tweeted:

"In 2006/2010, the party "riding the wave" won an average of 57% of Toss Ups, 19% of opposite Leans, & 9% of opposite Likely races per @CookPolitical ratings. In 2018, Dems won/are leading in 57% of Toss Ups, 7% of Lean R races & 3% of Likely races. In the House, this was a wave."

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Thu, Nov 8, 2018 1:18 PM
posted by superman

We got a big fake news fight now! Supposedly the video was not doctored, just taken from a gif which changes the rate slightly. Which makes CNN calling it fake news fake news! lol dgaf either way Acosta is a douche

CenterBHSFan

333 - I'm only half evil

Thu, Nov 8, 2018 3:44 PM

Saw this on Twitter. Media and lefties having hysterical fits about Trump kicking out a member of the media. Yet, when Obama did it three short years ago, the media loved it, cheered it and chanted his name.