THE 2020 Pittsburgh Pirates Thread of Infinite Sadness

Home Forums Sports

QuakerOats

Thu, Aug 6, 2020 2:56 PM

Ugly start.............too bad.

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Thu, Aug 6, 2020 3:03 PM

So, do all the AL Central teams play Pittsburgh 4 times, or are the Twins going to get a big boost over everyone else in that division thanks to this week?

Al Bundy

Thu, Aug 6, 2020 3:55 PM
posted by Heretic

So, do all the AL Central teams play Pittsburgh 4 times, or are the Twins going to get a big boost over everyone else in that division thanks to this week?

The Indians play them 6 times.

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Thu, Aug 6, 2020 4:48 PM

3-10 -- HOLY SHIT THEY GOT ACTUAL CLUTCH PLAY FOR FUCKING ONCE!!!!!

I mean, even with runners on second and third with no one out in the 9th, I figured they'd wind up with nothing and lose by one. But, no, two run hit and they won. I'm in shock.

cat_lover

Sat, Aug 8, 2020 4:49 PM

Derek Holland gives up 4 HR's in the 1st inning to put Pittsburgh in a 5-0 hole. He did improve in the 2nd holding the Tigers to 1 run.

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Sun, Aug 9, 2020 12:27 PM

Since I spent the weekend doing shrooms and rafting, time to get caught back up!

FRIDAY: 3-11

SATURDAY: 3-12

I think they gave up about 30 runs over those two days. Friday's game, when I looked on my phone, had me thinking it was a football score.

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Sun, Aug 9, 2020 12:49 PM

Oh, also just noticed that one of the only guys capable of getting hits on the team is out the rest of the year after getting fucked up in an outfield collision. So that's something.

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Sun, Aug 9, 2020 4:27 PM

3-13. Why did I stop doing drugs on a river to come back to this?

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Tue, Aug 11, 2020 2:40 PM

At least I won't have to mark down losses for a few days, since they were supposed to be playing the St. Louis Covids, but because that team is a bunch of diseased whores, those games aren't going to be held for a while. Man, either they'll be playing 55 games in 30 days or they'll have 40 games played while others have 60.

QuakerOats

Wed, Aug 12, 2020 4:51 PM
posted by Heretic

At least I won't have to mark down losses for a few days, since they were supposed to be playing the St. Louis Covids, but because that team is a bunch of diseased whores, those games aren't going to be held for a while. Man, either they'll be playing 55 games in 30 days or they'll have 40 games played while others have 60.

Well, at least the 48 injured Pirate pitchers might have a chance to heal.

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Wed, Aug 12, 2020 4:53 PM
posted by QuakerOats

Well, at least the 48 injured Pirate pitchers might have a chance to heal.

I saw they did activate Keone Kela off the inactive/COVID list, so if they ever hold a lead in the late innings, he'll have a 50% chance to hold it or blow it. At best.

SportsAndLady

Wed, Aug 12, 2020 5:22 PM

Starling Marte hitting almost 400 

What the hell is it about players leaving Pittsburgh and turning into superstars?

Not that marte and others weren’t good in Pittsburgh, but it’s like leaving that club makes them 3x better automatically. 

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Fri, Aug 14, 2020 11:00 AM

4-13.

Was watching the Blue Jackets with friends. After that was over, we switched to the Pirates vs. Reds. And Pittsburgh was up 9-0 in the damn second inning. I was shocked. The part where the lead faded to 9-6 and Cincy was one hit away from making it real tight --- not surprising in the least. The part where it stayed 9-6...I still don't believe it.

The race to 10 wins is still on!

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Sat, Aug 15, 2020 11:56 AM

4-14. Things got back to normal last night.

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Sat, Aug 15, 2020 2:43 PM

Huh, and after having three games with the Cards postponed due to the 'rona, the final two games of this series are for the same reason.

Might sound bad, but I kind of feel like an abused kid off the hook for two days because dad's too ill to grab his belt.

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Wed, Aug 19, 2020 7:37 AM

4-15. They were threatening to get the win for a while, but reality set in.

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Wed, Aug 19, 2020 10:41 PM

4-16. Both the offense and the bullpen were jokes. Oh, wait...THAT'S MOST NIGHTS!!!!!

BRF

Wed, Aug 19, 2020 11:40 PM

Throw your posts over to the game thread, Big Dawg! 😎

You are very entertaining. 

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Fri, Aug 21, 2020 10:02 AM

4-17. The expected result, but I was drinking at a friend's and didn't pay attention, so whatever. Just lose the other 39 and call it a wrap, guys!

QuakerOats

Fri, Aug 21, 2020 10:21 AM
posted by Heretic

4-17. The expected result, but I was drinking at a friend's and didn't pay attention, so whatever. Just lose the other 39 and call it a wrap, guys!

And the team prez has the 19er.

Or maybe he just said he has it so he doesn't have to go and endure the losses in person.

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Fri, Aug 21, 2020 11:32 AM
posted by QuakerOats

And the team prez has the 19er.

Or maybe he just said he has it so he doesn't have to go and endure the losses in person.

Considering I'm a fan of the team and I had the option to watch all three of their games with Cleveland on STO and I watched a total of 3 innings and was drinking, playing on my phone and talking to people while those innings were on, I'd guess if I were in his shoes, I'd fake illness if that option came to mind.

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Sat, Aug 22, 2020 10:59 AM

5-17. They won. Decisively. I am confuse!

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Sat, Aug 22, 2020 7:41 PM

6-17! Think that might be the first 2-game win streak of the year. Although I am worried. They are threatening to just be really bad now instead of the historically bad train wreck kind of team that is at least entertaining in its own way.

cat_lover

Sat, Aug 22, 2020 9:59 PM

Derek Holland gets the win!!

SportsAndLady

Sun, Aug 23, 2020 12:42 AM
posted by Heretic

6-17! Think that might be the first 2-game win streak of the year. Although I am worried. They are threatening to just be really bad now instead of the historically bad train wreck kind of team that is at least entertaining in its own way.

I had Pirates, Braves (what a comeback!), and Cardinals in a 3-team partay that hit for a decent amount. I am now a pirates fan I think