Mariners

Pirates

Dbacks

All winless

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Sun, Jul 26, 2020 5:58 PM

1-2! HOLYSHITTHEYWON!!!!!!

Mitch Keller looked pretty good (a bit wild and not so efficient pitch count-wise, but didn't give StL much. And the bullpen was good for once and there was even some hitting. Wasn't expecting that!

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Jul 26, 2020 6:05 PM

Virtually every team in baseball is 2-1 or 1-2

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Sun, Jul 26, 2020 6:11 PM
posted by Ironman92

Virtually every team in baseball is 2-1 or 1-2

Looks like SD could be the only 3-0 team and Arizona the only 0-3, right? And that's if SD can hold onto a 1-0 lead through the final few innings. Not something I'd expect; I guess the whole "start at end of July; playing with no real stadium atmosphere; only a short season" factors probably have something to do with no one really getting any momentum, but it's still kind of surprising that hardly anyone has been able to get off to a fast start, team-wise.

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Jul 26, 2020 6:46 PM
posted by Heretic

Looks like SD could be the only 3-0 team and Arizona the only 0-3, right? And that's if SD can hold onto a 1-0 lead through the final few innings. Not something I'd expect; I guess the whole "start at end of July; playing with no real stadium atmosphere; only a short season" factors probably have something to do with no one really getting any momentum, but it's still kind of surprising that hardly anyone has been able to get off to a fast start, team-wise.

Also, because baseball

The Orioles have Jose Iglesias batting 3rd and they took 2/3 from Boston

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Tue, Jul 28, 2020 11:15 AM

1-3 thanks to blowing a four-run lead in the 9th inning and losing in 11.

GOOD: Colin Moran, obtained in the Gerrit Cole deal, had two home runs, is batting .400 and basically is the team's offense.

BAD: Michael Feliz, also obtained in the Gerrit Cole deal, is a piece of shit. Gonna be hard to lower that 21 ERA considering you suck, dude... Kyle Crick, obtained in the McCutchen deal, is becoming a piece of shit. Bryan Reynolds, also obtained in the McCutchen deal, was great last year and had people talking about a potential batting title. He's still 0-for-the-season.

Ironman92

Administrator

Tue, Jul 28, 2020 11:53 AM

WTH? Just saw the debacle loss

Welcome to being tied with Cincy

cat_lover

Tue, Jul 28, 2020 4:53 PM

Newark,Ohio's own Derek Holland on the bump for the Pirates tonight.

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Tue, Jul 28, 2020 10:41 PM

2-3 with a nice rally after it looked like they pissed another one away with shit pitching.

Holland good for five, then struggled in the sixth. Stratton got out of that situation, but struggled to open the seventh. Some dude named Del Pozo tried to prove his name translates to The Bozo by coming in with two on and going walk, run-scoring walk, 2-RBI 2B and walk before getting put out of his misery. But then, the Brewer pen did the same, struggled to get outs and it wound up 8-6.

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Thu, Jul 30, 2020 12:07 AM

2-4. So, I might not be Mr. Baseball Knowledge, but when you're batting .172 as a team going into a game and get one-hit in that game, uh, that's not ideal, right?

PAY RAISES FOR ANYONE WHO HITS THE MENDOZA LINE, GUYS!!!!!

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Fri, Jul 31, 2020 4:09 PM

Due to a night off yesterday, then did NOT lose. Meaning that this is looking like a team that provides the most satisfaction when they are not actually playing.

Oh well, back to recording losses tonight!

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Sat, Aug 1, 2020 12:16 AM

2-5. But they at least got in a couple meaningless solo shots in the 9th!

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Sun, Aug 2, 2020 11:36 AM

2-6. You know it.

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Sun, Aug 2, 2020 7:12 PM

2-7. It took extra innings this time! Improvement!

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Aug 2, 2020 7:22 PM
posted by Heretic

2-7. It took extra innings this time! Improvement!

At least you guys got a hit off of Lester

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Tue, Aug 4, 2020 11:38 AM

2-8.

They had a 4-0 lead and blew it. Holland can't go more than five, but they've tried to get six out of him in both starts. And why the hell are you bringing in del Pozo in any sort of important situation. Dude utterly sucks. Starting to feel they're actually tanking, if for no reason other than how some of their in-game moves are baffling. But on the other hand, when virtually everyone on the team is shit, what can you do?

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Tue, Aug 4, 2020 2:43 PM

So, I read an ESPN "hot takes after roughly 10% of the season" column this morning and they predicted that Pittsburgh will break the record for worst winning percentage in MLB history.

And then saw them immediately fall behind 3-0 after the first inning today.

Can't this team get a Marlins/Cards COVID epidemic? Put them out of my misery, following them and all.

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Tue, Aug 4, 2020 3:00 PM

Bases loaded, one out, zero production! And I can't even be upset because, with Jerrod Dyson and that J. Murphy back-up catcher fuck coming to the plate, what else could I expect other than simple failure to come remotely close to executing anything?

Ironman92

Administrator

Tue, Aug 4, 2020 3:13 PM

Not good my friend

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Tue, Aug 4, 2020 3:20 PM

In a way, it's kind of amazing they're only down 4-0 after two, considering that it's taken Musgrove 61 FUCKING PITCHES to record six outs.

SportsAndLady

Tue, Aug 4, 2020 3:22 PM

Sheesh. Knew the buccos would struggle this year, but didn’t think it’d be this bad. Moran is at least a solid player that you can say you at least got some productive assets back in a trade for the first time in a while. 

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Tue, Aug 4, 2020 4:34 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

Sheesh. Knew the buccos would struggle this year, but didn’t think it’d be this bad. Moran is at least a solid player that you can say you at least got some productive assets back in a trade for the first time in a while. 

It's sort of weird how the trades have gone. The one I thought they did best on was Cutch, but Crick's struggled since being good in '18 and, after being great last year, Reynolds has been horrible to start this season. With the Cole trade, Moran has been good this year after barely being above replacement in his first two years. Universal DH isn't something I really like, but it'll help him stay relevant, as he's not exactly a great fielder. But on the other hand, Feliz has been shit as a reliever and Musgrove looks to be a perennial high 4s ERA guy who'll never be more than that.

Regardless, both deals were infinitely better than the Our Future for Chris Archer bit of fuckery.

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Tue, Aug 4, 2020 5:55 PM

2-9 after the wonderful meaningless and futile ninth inning comeback bid turned the score from 7-1 to 7-3. 

The list of players I currently like on this team is about 1/5 the size of the list of players I'd pay to have fed to piranhas.

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Thu, Aug 6, 2020 11:07 AM

2-10 after another "do nothing for eight innings, get a couple runs in the 9th to make it look better" efforts. Williams finally gave a good start, but the bullpen gave up 4 in 2 innings. And Bell was the only player on offense to show a pulse, getting three hits, including a two-run homer that was the entire offense.

So, .167 win percentage. This team is built to maintain that sort of success over the full 60!