Indians 2021

Home Forums Sports

j_crazy

7 gram rocks. how i roll.

Fri, Jul 23, 2021 10:58 AM

fucking hate it. honestly cannot say i like anything about the name guardians. 

gut

Fri, Jul 23, 2021 11:01 AM
posted by iclfan2

I’m OK with the name, but unless you go to downtown cleveland a lot, do people even know what the guardians were?

You mean they didn't name it after Guardians of the Galaxy?

Laley23

GOAT

Fri, Jul 23, 2021 11:11 AM

Trying to defend the name (which wasnt my first choice, but I dont hate). Ive realized how many similar/dumb names are in MLB.

• Sox
  • Sox
  • Reds
  • Phillies
  • Yankees (racist as well, but whatever)
  • Mets
  • Padres
  • Nationals
  • Rays (now that its sunshine and not the animal)
  • Athletics
  • Twins

Guardians slips right in there with those, and the theme is actually similar to a lot of them. I wish they rebranded their colors to match the Browns and also rebranded the script font. Keeping the font screams picking a name to pigeon-hole it to what is in place. The logo I dont hate, but make it less "kiddie" and incorporate the bridge/statues -- especially in the alternate logos.

Laley23

GOAT

Fri, Jul 23, 2021 11:22 AM

Not sure how I didnt see the new "Block" C. But goodness, it might be the best part of the re-brand. Its a great look with the C, shield shape, which ties it to "protecting" the city the way the Guardians overlook it. Love that. Ill be purchasing some apparel with it as soon as available. 

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Fri, Jul 23, 2021 11:49 AM
posted by Laley23

Not sure how I didnt see the new "Block" C. But goodness, it might be the best part of the re-brand. Its a great look with the C, shield shape, which ties it to "protecting" the city the way the Guardians overlook it. Love that. Ill be purchasing some apparel with it as soon as available. 

GV artwork already has a cool shirt before the name change. I’m sure in the next couple of weeks they’ll have some great stuff. I agree on the C, always hated the block C.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRrFDkaAkim/?utm_medium=copy_link

geeblock

Fri, Jul 23, 2021 11:50 AM

I remember thinking how terrible the wizards name was and now it seems natural so I’m sure this will eventually work out the same way 

BRF

Fri, Jul 23, 2021 12:15 PM
posted by j_crazy

fucking hate it. honestly cannot say i like anything about the name guardians. 

Agree

Laley23

GOAT

Fri, Jul 23, 2021 12:24 PM
posted by BRF

Agree

Really? Being older and Cleveland through and through, I figured you'd love it.

BRF

Fri, Jul 23, 2021 12:37 PM
posted by Laley23

Really? Being older and Cleveland through and through, I figured you'd love it.

No.

I was hoping for Commodores.

BR1986FB

Fri, Jul 23, 2021 12:55 PM

Terrible

Al Bundy

Fri, Jul 23, 2021 1:00 PM

I hate it. 

Laley23

GOAT

Fri, Jul 23, 2021 1:01 PM
posted by BRF

No.

I was hoping for Commodores.

So was I. But I don't hate Guardians. Probably would've been my second choice actually. The part they screwed up the most, imo, is the branding. Same script and font. Bad logo. Same colors. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Fri, Jul 23, 2021 1:15 PM

Not bad. Tough changing names.