Indians 2021

Home Forums Sports

Verbal Kint

Tue, Mar 30, 2021 12:10 PM

Lots of fear that outfield will bring to the plate

Laley23

GOAT

Tue, Mar 30, 2021 3:14 PM

Is it wrong to hope Bauers tears an ACL? Probably the only way Bradley gets a fair shot and doesn’t thrive elsewhere (ala, Yandy, Aguilar, etc).

BRF

Tue, Mar 30, 2021 6:00 PM

It’s troubling to me to have a player clearly beat out their competition and then be told they aren’t starting.

cat_lover

Wed, Mar 31, 2021 4:58 PM

There is no way to justify Bauers over Bradley.

Gardens35

Wed, Mar 31, 2021 11:29 PM

Luplow gets the start in CF, Chang at 1B.

BRF

Wed, Mar 31, 2021 11:34 PM
posted by Gardens35

It’s one of your “leg pullings”..........right?

Go Tribe!

Laley23

GOAT

Wed, Mar 31, 2021 11:41 PM
posted by cat_lover

There is no way to justify Bauers over Bradley.

The craziest part to me is why they feel they need to prove Bauers to the fans? As if they have a ton invested in him, or that they traded CC Sabathia for him etc. Like, no...he was part of a semi-nothing trade. We all wanted to give Yandy a shot, but it isn't like you gotta keep playing Bauers to show us he was worth it. 

If anything, they have way more invested in Bradley since he was drafted and developed by us!

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Thu, Apr 1, 2021 10:24 AM
posted by Gardens35

CF and batting leadoff....

Oh well, we got baseball today. Go Tribe!

BRF

Thu, Apr 1, 2021 10:32 AM

I had to look this lineup up to see if it was true and....... it is.

Go Tribe!

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Thu, Apr 1, 2021 3:40 PM

Update: Hasn't been great offensively. An early home run hurt Bieber, but he has 12 K's on the day.

BRF

Thu, Apr 1, 2021 7:15 PM

When I heard it was 3-0 early, I was pretty sure we would not be able to overcome that, given our lineup.

Fitting that we make it close in the 9th. 

j_crazy

7 gram rocks. how i roll.

Thu, Jun 3, 2021 2:43 PM

i just read that the indians have narrowed down their list of new names and are vetting their top choices for all the legal requirements. Any word on what the choices are? i've not heard anything in about 5 months regarding the name change. 

BRF

Thu, Jun 3, 2021 4:03 PM

To my knowledge, no top name choices have been released to the public.

BRF

Sat, Jun 5, 2021 11:59 AM

There was an article in our local paper today saying that some of the popular names being bantered around are Spiders, Guardians and Avengers.  There will be no reference to any name related to Native Americans.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Sat, Jun 5, 2021 12:13 PM

Guardians and Avengers. Those are very bad names for a baseball team. Those are good names for XFL football teams.

Commodores or GTFO.

Laley23

GOAT

Sat, Jun 5, 2021 12:29 PM

Commodores is by far the best and I can’t figure out why it hasn’t gotten as much traction.

cat_lover

Sat, Jun 5, 2021 1:04 PM

I said Commodores from the git go. Great historical name and great beer!! if they pick this name The Dolan's should give me lifetime season tickets or do me a favor and not give me season tickets.

BRF

Sat, Jun 5, 2021 1:04 PM
posted by justincredible

Guardians and Avengers. Those are very bad names for a baseball team. 

I agree.

And I like Commodores, also.

cat_lover

Sat, Jun 5, 2021 1:14 PM

Dolan business model:

Let's get young stud pitching and surround it an offense that couldn't hit a bull in the butt with an ironing board.

The only thing that saves them from being the worst ownership in Cleveland  sports history is Ted Stepien and Art Modell, pretty hard to beat those two but i'll be damned if they aren't trying very hard to beat them.

PS: Not sure if he was an owner or just a GM but Frank "Trader" Lane get honorable  mention for trading Rocky Colavito,Roger Maris and Lou Pinella.

END RANT

BRF

Tue, Jun 8, 2021 8:01 PM

Laley23

GOAT

Tue, Jun 8, 2021 8:09 PM

Feels to much like the Nats, Mets and old Senators. Don’t hate it, but no thanks. 

BRF

Tue, Jun 8, 2021 8:13 PM

Yeah, I just posted it because I had never heard it until today. 

I still like Commodores the best. 

Al Bundy

Thu, Jun 10, 2021 12:04 PM

Jake Bauers traded to Mariners.

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Fri, Jul 23, 2021 10:19 AM

I kinda hate that they kept the colors (probly in the minority but think it woulda been cool to have Browns colors) and basically the same font. I’m OK with the name, but unless you go to downtown cleveland a lot, do people even know what the guardians were? The new C and the G logo aren’t bad. What does everyone else think?