Cincinnati Reds 2018 Season thread

Home Forums Sports

SportsAndLady

Sun, Jul 15, 2018 10:42 PM

Reds are a year away from competing. Be really stupid to trade young guys that you’ve been waiting to produce the way they are now. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Jul 15, 2018 10:58 PM

This is golden

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Mon, Jul 16, 2018 4:39 AM

Somebody was reporting they were working on an extension for Scooter. Can’t remember who it was, but I know I saw something the other day. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Jul 16, 2018 8:30 AM
posted by wildcats20

Somebody was reporting they were working on an extension for Scooter. Can’t remember who it was, but I know I saw something the other day. 

Mark Sheldon I believe ...then Jayson Stark upped the validity with a similar report

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Mon, Jul 16, 2018 9:12 AM

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/mlb-all-star-game-reds-taylor-trammell-hunter-greene-shine-in-2018-futures-game-plus-other-takeaways/

There is a lot of big velocity in the Futures Game, but, hands down, the hardest thrower was Reds righty Hunter Greene. Greene's fastball averaged -- averaged! -- 101.3 mph Sunday. He topped out at 103.1 mph and his slowest heater was 100 mph on the nose.

Trammell, the Futures Game MVP, went 2 for 2 with a triple and a home run Sunday. The cameras caught Trammell admiring the triple a bit thinking it would be a home run. Maybe could've been an inside-the-park homer had he run out of the box, but hey, I'm not here to judge. An inside-the-parker would've been cool though.

Looking forward to these guys making their way to Cincinnati.

SportsAndLady

Mon, Jul 16, 2018 9:22 AM

I cannot wait for hunter greene but it may be a while. He is still learning how to pitch, and not just throw. Hopefully he can pull it all together in the next year or two and make his debut in that time. 

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Mon, Jul 16, 2018 9:26 AM

He's probably a 2021 debut, right? Maybe a September call-up in 2020?

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Jul 16, 2018 10:22 AM

Greene might be “pitching” at 103 mph by then and top out 106-107

Sounds silly