2022 NFL Season Thread

Home Forums Sports

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Jan 2, 2023 11:27 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

So what’s Skip Bayless’s deal? I know his MO has always been post controversial shit to get attention, clicks, views, etc. But this seems way over the line. There’s no way Fox Sports signed off on this? Why does he get to continue being an obnoxious dickhead without repercussion? He should lose his job. 

Screw him and his ways

Laley23

GOAT

Tue, Jan 3, 2023 12:03 AM

I hate Skip, but of all the things said in his life, why are we going after this one?

I mean shit, was I92 speculating on when this game is made up any better than what Skip posted? We all are thinking it — postponing and not playing messes with the league and playoffs. Just no one wanted to say it tonight. 

Now I need to go shower for “defending” that disgusting human.

Yeah….I had two other post in prayer and hoping he pulled through. Then I didn’t speculate I just gave a thought to 10 people on here while twitter universe was going crazy.

friendfromlowry

Tue, Jan 3, 2023 4:21 AM

I thought I92 and everyone else here was in favor of postponing the game and figuring out the rest later. I initially assumed they’d make it up Tuesday but as the night went on I don’t care as much. 

I don’t give a shit about Skip’s daily Lebron nonsense. Most people tuned him out years ago. But I think questioning how a game couldn’t still go on while a player was receiving CPR was a bad look and a new low from him. And he’s getting a lot of criticism on Twitter, even from his peers and professional athletes. I’d imagine that’s new and different for him? 

friendfromlowry

Tue, Jan 3, 2023 5:44 AM

Hamlin’s gofundme toy charity - which originally had a goal of $2500 - is now at $3.1 million. 

Laley23

GOAT

Tue, Jan 3, 2023 9:53 AM
posted by friendfromlowry

I thought I92 and everyone else here was in favor of postponing the game and figuring out the rest later. I initially assumed they’d make it up Tuesday but as the night went on I don’t care as much. 

I don’t give a shit about Skip’s daily Lebron nonsense. Most people tuned him out years ago. But I think questioning how a game couldn’t still go on while a player was receiving CPR was a bad look and a new low from him. And he’s getting a lot of criticism on Twitter, even from his peers and professional athletes. I’d imagine that’s new and different for him? 

Maybe we just interpreted it differently. 

He said they should postpone it. But questioned the logistics as to how they would be able to. The same thing that we were all doing talking about a makeup date. Its just different wording. His "seems so irrelevant" to me was saying that this game doesnt matter, the season doesnt matter. But it will go on, so how can you cancel a game in Week 17 with only 1 game left for all teams and no makeup dates/bye weeks.

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Wed, Jan 4, 2023 9:53 PM
posted by Laley23

Maybe we just interpreted it differently. 

He said they should postpone it. But questioned the logistics as to how they would be able to. The same thing that we were all doing talking about a makeup date. Its just different wording. His "seems so irrelevant" to me was saying that this game doesnt matter, the season doesnt matter. But it will go on, so how can you cancel a game in Week 17 with only 1 game left for all teams and no makeup dates/bye weeks.

I agree with this. I think Skip is an attention-whore piece of shit who doesn't deserve 1% of the relevance he has because he gets to spew takes on TV, but he put forth multiple tweets concerned about his health and the only part that's getting talked about is the part that could be construed as "the game must go on!".

If anyone who has spewed takes deserves shit, it's Bart Scott and his attempt to blame Tee Higgins for what happened on that play. Or the Charlie Kirks of the world and their attempt to spin it on how, as an NFL player, he had to get the 'rona vax and then this happened, so, you know, correlation.

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Wed, Jan 4, 2023 9:59 PM
posted by Heretic

I agree with this. I think Skip is an attention-whore piece of shit who doesn't deserve 1% of the relevance he has because he gets to spew takes on TV, but he put forth multiple tweets concerned about his health and the only part that's getting talked about is the part that could be construed as "the game must go on!".

If anyone who has spewed takes deserves shit, it's Bart Scott and his attempt to blame Tee Higgins for what happened on that play. Or the Charlie Kirks of the world and their attempt to spin it on how, as an NFL player, he had to get the 'rona vax and then this happened, so, you know, correlation.

Agreed. I hate skip. But I get what he meant by his tweet. Total overreaction 

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, Jan 5, 2023 7:02 PM

If you have issues with dry eyes….

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, Jan 5, 2023 8:17 PM

Damn

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, Jan 5, 2023 10:34 PM

Sounds like Hillis is improving 

BR1986FB

Fri, Jan 6, 2023 1:33 PM
posted by Ironman92

Sounds like Hillis is improving 

Every time I bought my lady a jersey of one of the Browns (Hillis, OBJ, Baker) it was the kiss of death for their career in Cleveland.

I liked Hillis and he was a great story, at the time, but then things just got weird with that CIA or FBI stuff he was claiming.

Ironman92

Administrator

Fri, Jan 6, 2023 2:40 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Every time I bought my lady a jersey of one of the Browns (Hillis, OBJ, Baker) it was the kiss of death for their career in Cleveland.

I liked Hillis and he was a great story, at the time, but then things just got weird with that CIA or FBI stuff he was claiming.

My son was born in 2003….2nd jersey was like size 12 months Vick jersey, then next a 2T Roethlisberger (I was’t aware of his accusations and doings until JJ Huddle)and then about age 3 I got him a Greg Oden jersey.

So my jersey buying hasn’t been stellar either lol

BR1986FB

Fri, Jan 6, 2023 4:22 PM
posted by Ironman92

My son was born in 2003….2nd jersey was like size 12 months Vick jersey, then next a 2T Roethlisberger (I was’t aware of his accusations and doings until JJ Huddle)and then about age 3 I got him a Greg Oden jersey.

So my jersey buying hasn’t been stellar either lol

I told her it's just safer buying a retired legend's jersey than a current player who can commit a crime or get traded...haha

Ironman92

Administrator

Fri, Jan 6, 2023 5:20 PM
posted by BR1986FB

I told her it's just safer buying a retired legend's jersey than a current player who can commit a crime or get traded...haha

Chip Banks

Clay Mathews

Brian Sipe

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Fri, Jan 6, 2023 5:28 PM

Only jersey I ever paid money for myself… Joe Thomas (knockoff). I’m batting 100%

Ironman92

Administrator

Fri, Jan 6, 2023 6:07 PM
posted by iclfan2

Only jersey I ever paid money for myself… Joe Thomas (knockoff). I’m batting 100%

The only jersey I’ve bought for myself was an Andruw Jones….during his back to back huge seasons, then he got fat and his longevity fell 8 years short 

But…he’s getting close on the HOF ballots.

Back in 1992 for Christmas I got a Ken Griffey jr mariners jersey and it was incredible……and no fucking clue why but about 6 years later I sold it at a yard sale for $5 or $10. I have no explanation.

BR1986FB

Fri, Jan 6, 2023 6:26 PM
posted by Ironman92

Chip Banks

Clay Mathews

Brian Sipe

Sipe was my boy when I was a kid

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Fri, Jan 6, 2023 6:53 PM

I think Curtis Martin is the only jersey I’ve purchased. I think all of my past Reds jerseys were blank. 

mhs95_06

Sat, Jan 7, 2023 11:00 PM

The scoop and score play the Jags just took the lead on late in the 4th qtr is typically called an incomplete pass, especially if Brady is the QB.

Ironman92

Administrator

Sat, Jan 7, 2023 11:08 PM

#7 seed predictions for tomorrow?

Bills/Pats…..I think Bills much rather have the #2 seed for the first round to avoid SD/Ravens and rather face Steelers/Dolphins. I’m not convinced if the Bills will be unbeatable or rusty and that’s enough to give me doubt. I also don’t think they want to maybe get NE in first round either especially after losing to them.

Buffalo 29-23

Jets/Dolphins….I feel the Jets care enough to keep their division for from the playoffs but I’m not sure the Jets can score double digits at this point. Miami with #3 QB, they looked miserable. I feel the Dolphins are about the 23rd best team right now but Jets about 27th.

Dolphins 23

Jets 13

Steelers/Browns…I think the Browns will care enough to ensure Pittsburgh doesn’t sneak in. I’ll worry that Deshaun will look like his old self athletically and keep drives alive and really hurt Pittsburgh. I don’t know what to think. Steelers either lose in a blowout or the game finds a way to go down to the last play. Steelers have looked the better team of late but I don’t love the matchup.

Browns 23

Steelers 16

Dolphins the #7 seed

Laley23

GOAT

Sat, Jan 7, 2023 11:48 PM

Only prediction is Browns win and look so good the NFL decides they deserve the 7 seed.

Ironman92

Administrator

Sat, Jan 7, 2023 11:58 PM
posted by Laley23

Only prediction is Browns win and look so good the NFL decides they deserve the 7 seed.

If Bills are the 2….Miami is on their 3rd QB and they’ve already beat Pittsburgh by 60

NFL shouldn’t care much who is the 7…it won’t be pretty again

friendfromlowry

Sun, Jan 8, 2023 12:35 AM

There’s a lot of junk in the AFC playoff race. 

BR1986FB

Sun, Jan 8, 2023 2:07 AM

Pats lose, Fins lose and Pittsburgh gets the 7 seed. Steelers should be able to win with their running game.