2022 NFL Season Thread

Home Forums Sports

Ironman92

Administrator

Fri, Dec 23, 2022 12:00 AM

These crazy temps for Sat and Sunday…..I say many of the teams hanging on to playoff hopes will win and teams with the upper hand on the playoffs will not.

Gotta have infinite scenarios keeping the interest level extra high

friendfromlowry

Fri, Dec 23, 2022 12:46 AM

How happy are the Green Bay Packers right now? Get to play in Miami instead of Green Bay on Sunday. What’s that, a 70 degree difference? 

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Fri, Dec 23, 2022 9:59 AM
posted by Laley23

Is Flacco hurt? At 7-7 how do you justify Wilson. He’s so fucking bad.

As bad as Wilson is, Flacco is worse. An absolute statue that can't hold on to the ball.

Wilson should be strapped to a rocket and shot into the sun.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Fri, Dec 23, 2022 10:00 AM

So glad the Jets won a meaningless game against the Rams in 2020 and missed out on TLaw.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Fri, Dec 23, 2022 10:02 AM
posted by BR1986FB

Too bad for the Jets that they are probably going to be drafting out of reach to get a legit QB because they have the offensive weapons. I'm just waiting for Wilson to commit a butt fumble. Has that Sanchez "deer in headlights" about him.

Doesn't matter, the Jets as a franchise can't develop a QB to save their lives.

Ironman92

Administrator

Fri, Dec 23, 2022 10:14 AM
posted by friendfromlowry

How happy are the Green Bay Packers right now? Get to play in Miami instead of Green Bay on Sunday. What’s that, a 70 degree difference? 

The first Bills/Dolphins matchup was in Miami and felt like 110 on the field, then at Buffalo it was 20

BR1986FB

Fri, Dec 23, 2022 10:16 AM
posted by justincredible

Doesn't matter, the Jets as a franchise can't develop a QB to save their lives.

Sad that their best QB in the last 20 years was washed up Brett Favre. 

Similar purgatory to what the Browns went through. Had some decent pieces on offense/defense but never could find the QB. 

The guy who replaced Wilson gave them a spark with his legs but the Jags kind of shut that down quickly and that dude doesn't look like a passer.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Fri, Dec 23, 2022 10:27 AM
posted by BR1986FB

Similar purgatory to what the Browns went through. Had some decent pieces on offense/defense but never could find the QB. 

The guy who replaced Wilson gave them a spark with his legs but the Jags kind of shut that down quickly and that dude doesn't look like a passer.

Fitzpatrick in 2015 was their best QB.

BR1986FB

Fri, Dec 23, 2022 10:33 AM
posted by justincredible

Fitzpatrick in 2015 was their best QB.

Yeah, forgot about him. Should've figured as I think he's played everywhere.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Fri, Dec 23, 2022 10:47 AM

Imagine the Jets kept Darnold and drafted a guy like Micah Parsons instead of Zach Wilson. I think Darnold could be a competent QB in this offense.

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Fri, Dec 23, 2022 10:52 AM
posted by BR1986FB

FUN FACT: I was looking at the ESPN gamecast of that thing because I figured Air Force-Baylor would be a more entertaining watch than those two teams and it had a couple plays where that other QB ran the ball and I was thinking I'd never heard of that RB before. And then found out he was a QB I'd never heard of before instead. Wilson getting benched for a complete no-name kind of brought the lulz, at least for me.

I will say that as bad as the QB play was, when you have that little of a run game, it's hard for any non-elite QB to be all that good. When I first looked at gamecast, it was early second half and they had 7 rushing yards with that QB and another guy tying for the team lead with 3 each. I know they've had RB injury issues, but that is just amazingly pathetic at this level. That's HS/College stuff for when a powerhouse goes against a team that has no business competing with them.

friendfromlowry

Sat, Dec 24, 2022 2:19 PM

Good for Robert Kraft for inviting that fan who was berated at the Raiders game to the game this week. But I would have rather seen that lady get punched in the mouth. 

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Sat, Dec 24, 2022 4:37 PM

Gotta give NE credit. There was no way they could out-do last week's "how to fuck up and lose!" seminar, but they tried like hell! Battle back from 22-0 deficit to have 1st and goal on the 5 and immediately fumble it away.

friendfromlowry

Sat, Dec 24, 2022 4:44 PM

Time of death on Titans season. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Sat, Dec 24, 2022 7:14 PM

Throw the ball away Dak 🤦🏻‍♂️….those yards are huge and 2:00 warning regardless 

If Dallas somehow doesn’t win…Dak running OB with 2:01 on the clock and taking an 8 yard loss on 1st and goal will be the culprit.

Can’t wait for 13-4 Dallas to go to 7-10 Buccaneers for playoff game

Ironman92

Administrator

Sat, Dec 24, 2022 7:33 PM

Eagles connect to Smith on the 20 yard line with 37 seconds and a timeout….the clock it and use up 1st down. They end up ending the game with 14 seconds left AND a timeout remaining.

I’ll never understand why teams don’t t have a few plays ready for the situation after long plays…defense in heels and gassed. Clock it and they get to gather. Eagles didn’t have a lot of time, but they had enough. How about a 6 yard quick route to sideline?….or fake that and go to end zone. Once Cowboys gathered Minshew never had any time to set.

friendfromlowry

Sat, Dec 24, 2022 7:55 PM

NFC title game 49ers vs Eagles will be fun.

Ironman92

Administrator

Sat, Dec 24, 2022 8:30 PM

Steelers just let ‘em run right down their throats all the way down the field and finally get them to a 3rd and 16 and they easily pick it up.

Their defense, minus their d line is absolutely atrocious.

Raiders kept bell for 9 minutes. I guess they are the dangerous team on the outside looking in no one wants to make it in.

Ironman92

Administrator

Sat, Dec 24, 2022 8:31 PM

Harris 1/2 yard, sailed pass over WR head, pass broken up, 26 yard punt

Prepare yourself

Edit:

Harris - 1/2 yard, 6 yard completion, completion 1st down 

We know what’s coming next

Yep…no chance and a 34 yard punt 

Ironman92

Administrator

Sat, Dec 24, 2022 8:56 PM

Drive the field, made plays, good run/pass mix, then get to the 20 on 3rd and 2 and run a play the Raiders 100% knew and knew was coming. Tackle for 3 yard loss and another guy was waiting in case he missed.

Ironman92

Administrator

Sat, Dec 24, 2022 9:27 PM

Raiders 4/6 on 3rd and 10+

Ironman92

Administrator

Sat, Dec 24, 2022 9:57 PM

Throw it down the damn field on 1st down 1x

Ironman92

Administrator

Sat, Dec 24, 2022 10:04 PM

2nd and fucking 3 and Canada can’t get the play in quick enough….waste a timeout and after timeout obvious handoff to Harris for -1 yard (just do that bullshit call and save a timeout.)

3rd down pass for zero yards

Throw it down the field  on 1st down and open stuff up.

Just a matter of time before Pittsburgh gets toasted deep…god forbid they return the favor 

Ironman92

Administrator

Sat, Dec 24, 2022 10:18 PM

Raiders 5/7 on 3rd and 9+

Ironman92

Administrator

Sat, Dec 24, 2022 10:33 PM

Get into long FG range and on 1st down hand it off every god damn mother fucking time. Gain -2 to .5 yards.

Every

Fucking

Time

A complete GD waste