2022 NFL Season Thread

Home Forums Sports

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Nov 28, 2022 9:38 PM

And because of Tomlin….and NOTHING else, I day has a long FG try to end half….and get ball coming out of 2nd half 

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Nov 28, 2022 9:39 PM

And now Tomlin, the time genius calls a timeout to freeze the kicker

Don’t t call the other two timeouts and there is no kicker

friendfromlowry

Mon, Nov 28, 2022 11:14 PM

Matt Ryan is painful to watch. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Nov 28, 2022 11:18 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

Matt Ryan is painful to watch. 

Colts were rough at home. Steelers secondary and special teams made this game tight.

mhs95_06

Mon, Nov 28, 2022 11:20 PM

If the QB scrambles, is not touched as he runs downfield and dives at the line to gain for a first down and he skids forward and the ball gets across the line to gain without being touched down, doesn't he get credit for a first down as Matt Ryan did on 2nd down just before they got stopped on 3rd and 3, then had an incomplete pass on 4th and 3?

gut

Mon, Nov 28, 2022 11:23 PM
posted by mhs95_06

If the QB scrambles, is not touched as he runs downfield and dives at the line to gain for a first down and he skids forward and the ball gets across the line to gain without being touched down, doesn't he get credit for a first down as Matt Ryan did on 2nd down just before they got stopped on 3rd and 3, then had an incomplete pass on 4th and 3?

My question exactly.  And it happened more than once tonight.

I thought if a QB dove head first, he's down when touched just like any other player.  If he slides, then he gave himself up and down where the slide started.

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Nov 28, 2022 11:25 PM
posted by gut

My question exactly.  And it happened more than once tonight.

I thought if a QB dove head first, he's down when touched just like any other player.  If he slides, then he gave himself up and down where the slide started.

Yeah I saw it once each way tonight and saw it Saturday too

How can a secondary let Matt Ryan run for 20 yards down the middle? I despise not watching the ball by so many.

mhs95_06

Mon, Nov 28, 2022 11:34 PM
posted by Ironman92

Yeah I saw it once each way tonight and saw it Saturday too

How can a secondary let Matt Ryan run for 20 yards down the middle? I despise not watching the ball by so many.

They only reserve their spies for the best scramblers when they are in man to man defense and aren't supposed to be worried about the QB!

mhs95_06

Mon, Nov 28, 2022 11:43 PM

Just saw the replay and a trailing Steeler touch Ryan's foot when the ball was less than a yard from the line to gain, but why did they spot it making it 4th and 3?  Ryan said after the game he thought he was closer than the 3 yards and referenced some new rules on it.  What are the new rules?

queencitybuckeye

Tue, Nov 29, 2022 6:59 AM

2018: (3) “A quarterback does not have to slide feet first to be considered to be giving himself up. Regardless whether the slide is feet first or head first, as long as he gives himself up, he should receive the protections afforded to him as a player in a defenceless posture.”

Laley23

GOAT

Tue, Nov 29, 2022 9:44 AM

QBs are different, They are not allowed to dive or slide and get benefit of the doubt. It always goes back to where it started (plus, Ryans knee was down and MAYBE he was grazed...?).

BR1986FB

Tue, Nov 29, 2022 8:53 PM

She's friggin hilarious.

Ironman92

Administrator

Wed, Nov 30, 2022 6:38 PM

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, Dec 1, 2022 11:54 AM

AB has a warrant for domestic violence in Florida last night

Pretty hard to believe

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Thu, Dec 1, 2022 12:56 PM
posted by Ironman92

AB has a warrant for domestic violence in Florida last night

Pretty hard to believe

Getting to the point where I'm actually kind of looking forward to his inevitable suicide just to no longer hear about what shit his trainwreck ass is getting into.

BR1986FB

Thu, Dec 1, 2022 1:27 PM
posted by Heretic

Getting to the point where I'm actually kind of looking forward to his inevitable suicide just to no longer hear about what shit his trainwreck ass is getting into.

Nah, give it time. At some point he'll be on a "Bum Fights" video.

superman

Thu, Dec 1, 2022 1:48 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Nah, give it time. At some point he'll be on a "Bum Fights" video.

I can see him being a future opponent of Jake Paul on a PPV

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, Dec 1, 2022 4:43 PM

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, Dec 1, 2022 10:44 PM

I was excited to read this until I realized it wasn’t what I thought lol

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Dec 4, 2022 12:54 PM

Those red Falcons helmets are 💯

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Dec 4, 2022 3:15 PM

Matt Canada just can’t get it done. Drive to the 30, run a terribly obvious 1st down play and be 2nd and 12….then target Dionte Johnson 10x and Pickens 1x……then defense gets shredded because, well that aren’t very good. Leave points all over the damn place.

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Dec 4, 2022 3:23 PM

Anyone want Dionte? Anyone? Dude is really good at getting kinda open, catching some of them, running sideways etc. Big play clutch guy…reminds me of young AB

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Dec 4, 2022 3:39 PM

The entire game Pittsburgh has been a decent mixture of run then pass and have moved fairly easily down the field every single drive using Harris and Friermuth…then they get to the 30 and do dumb stuff snd kick a long FG. Last time they throw a 2 yard pass to Pickens to get him going….but then it’s all Dionte and 3 and out. Falcons have had ball entire 2nd half. Pittsburgh gets ball with 5 min left….do what they’ve done all game and can just about run it out or take a 6 point lead late.

Tomlin, Canada…seem unlikely for that

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Dec 4, 2022 3:48 PM
posted by Ironman92

The entire game Pittsburgh has been a decent mixture of run then pass and have moved fairly easily down the field every single drive using Harris and Friermuth…then they get to the 30 and do dumb stuff snd kick a long FG. Last time they throw a 2 yard pass to Pickens to get him going….but then it’s all Dionte and 3 and out. Falcons have had ball entire 2nd half. Pittsburgh gets ball with 5 min left….do what they’ve done all game and can just about run it out or take a 6 point lead late.

Tomlin, Canada…seem unlikely for that

So far they’ve done it perfectly…but now in long FG range and 3 timeouts left…need 1 first downs to seal it. 

Obvious run and 3 yard loss and bad pass on 3rd down