2022 NFL Season Thread

Home Forums Sports

gut

Thu, Sep 29, 2022 9:47 PM
posted by Laley23

Tuas career is in serious jeopardy.

I seriously think he's paralyzed right now.  Just hope it's temporary.

Laley23

GOAT

Thu, Sep 29, 2022 9:47 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

So does Miami catch hell for how they handled this?

Miami, and the NFL, is going to lose missions upon millions if the parties involved decide to sue. Every doctor alive told called their bluff on the “back injury”, and then this happens.

Laley23

GOAT

Thu, Sep 29, 2022 9:48 PM
posted by gut

I seriously think he's paralyzed right now.  Just hope it's temporary.

The fencing stuff is neurological. That’s hard to recover from and ever be the same. 

Agreed, he looked in about as bad of shape as I have seen a player.

gut

Thu, Sep 29, 2022 9:51 PM
posted by Laley23

The fencing stuff is neurological. That’s hard to recover from and ever be the same. 

Agreed, he looked in about as bad of shape as I have seen a player.

Damn, that's sad.  Permanent damage is worse than having your career ended.

I think Shazier is doing pretty decently, but still permanently handicapped.  If he hadn't been such an incredible athlete he'd probably have a lot less mobility.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Thu, Sep 29, 2022 9:52 PM

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, Sep 29, 2022 9:53 PM

Man that hand thing afterwards is always scary AF

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Thu, Sep 29, 2022 9:54 PM

Well, he has movement in all extremities. That sounds promising.

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, Sep 29, 2022 9:55 PM

Fucking sucky day

Damn let him be ok

gut

Thu, Sep 29, 2022 10:01 PM

McDaniels could be for real.  Puts in Bridgewater and they go right down the field for a TD

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, Sep 29, 2022 10:06 PM
posted by gut

McDaniels could be for real.  Puts in Bridgewater and they go right down the field for a TD

Look to have a crisp timing and flow to the unpredictable offense….looks solid. Still early in the season. Looks promising for their franchise (as they score 3 points this half)

Laley23

GOAT

Thu, Sep 29, 2022 10:33 PM

I just saw the clip of Tua last week for the first time a few hrs ago. I cannot believe he played another snap, let alone played tonight. Such an obvious major concussion.

…back injury, GTFOH. I hope NFL and Dolphins are sued through the roof.

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, Sep 29, 2022 10:40 PM
posted by Laley23

I just saw the clip of Tua last week for the first time a few hrs ago. I cannot believe he played another snap, let alone played tonight. Such an obvious major concussion.

…back injury, GTFOH. I hope NFL and Dolphins are sued through the roof.

Insane he didn’t at least get looked at in the medical tent after wobbling and staggering on the field.

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, Sep 29, 2022 10:58 PM

Great kick off of the emblem

gut

Thu, Sep 29, 2022 11:19 PM

Being discharged and will be returning with the team to Miami?

I don't know.  Seems like after that they should keep him overnight for observation.

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, Sep 29, 2022 11:21 PM
posted by gut

Being discharged and will be returning with the team to Miami?

I don't know.  Seems like after that they should keep him overnight for observation.

Must really be checking out good in all areas? Seems odd I agree.

Look forward to Miami starting him next week and maybe let him play without a helmet and maybe not play a left tackle that game either

kizer permanente

Fri, Sep 30, 2022 7:06 AM
posted by cyberlucydavid

A man was going to the house of some rich person. As he went along the road, he saw a box of good apples at the side of the road. He said, "I do not want to eat those apples; for the rich man will give me much food; he will give me very nice food to eat." Then he took the apples and threw them away into the dust.

He went on and came to a river. The river had become very big; so he could not go over it. He waited for some time; then he said, "I cannot go to the rich man's house today, for I cannot get over the river."

He began to go home. He had eaten no food that day. He began to want food. He came to the apples, and he was glad to take them out of the dust and eat them.

That was the worst story I ever heard  

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Fri, Sep 30, 2022 1:40 PM
posted by kizer permanente

That was the worst story I ever heard  

It gets better when the person who actually picked the apples found out that this douche both threw them in the dust and then stole them, went to his house and burnt it down while he was sleeping off his apple coma. 

Third World Vigilante Justice FTW!!!

sportchampps

Fri, Sep 30, 2022 2:19 PM

Tua should have never been in the game. His hands indicate the was a severe concussion. It’s also not as scary as it looks. You see this every once awhile in MMA fights when someone is knocked out. Most of those fighters recover within a month or two. Everyone brain seems to react differently so hopefully Tua takes the time he needs to heal and comes back as good as before

friendfromlowry

Fri, Sep 30, 2022 3:22 PM

friendfromlowry

Fri, Sep 30, 2022 3:24 PM

Well I’m convinced. He’s fine. We don’t even have MRIs at the hospital anymore. We just have patients watch MacGruber. 

Laley23

GOAT

Fri, Sep 30, 2022 4:02 PM

McDaniels quotes on this whole thing has been so weird. Politician avoiding any meaningful answer type of weird. 

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Fri, Sep 30, 2022 4:16 PM

BR1986FB

Fri, Sep 30, 2022 4:51 PM

Thought those who suffered concussions weren't supposed to fly on planes right after?

friendfromlowry

Fri, Sep 30, 2022 5:15 PM
posted by BR1986FB

Thought those who suffered concussions weren't supposed to fly on planes right after?

What concussion? He passed the MacGruber test.

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Fri, Sep 30, 2022 5:33 PM
posted by BR1986FB

I'd guess overnight observation (as opposed to being on the team plane that night) also is what's supposed to happen. But when a man really wants to watch MacGruber, who's gonna stop him?