2022 NFL Draft

Home Forums Sports

Automatik

Fri, Apr 29, 2022 12:23 PM

I'm ok with the pick. I liked him before all the Willis hype. Then bought into the Willis hype....so now I don't know wtf to think. Maybe that was all a smoke screen?

I did watch a decent amount of Pitt games, and Pickett definitely plays with swagger, which I like along with the fact that he's considered "old." I'm assuming his perceived maturity is what won Pittsburgh over. 

Laley23

GOAT

Fri, Apr 29, 2022 12:41 PM

JFF had swagger and Weeden was considered "old". As a loving Browns fan, I hope he turns out like them.

Laley23

GOAT

Fri, Apr 29, 2022 12:41 PM

Anyway, after RD 1 is done, who do we hope falls to Browns and what should they do at 44?

BR1986FB

Fri, Apr 29, 2022 1:12 PM

BR1986FB

Fri, Apr 29, 2022 1:18 PM
posted by Laley23

Anyway, after RD 1 is done, who do we hope falls to Browns and what should they do at 44?

If offense, I'd like to see one of the remaining receivers. Pickens would be my top choice but he has off the field concerns. If Ojabo drops, might take a flyer on him but you likely get nothing out of him this year. Travis Jones, Logan Hall & Nakobe Dean are also options.

Laley23

GOAT

Fri, Apr 29, 2022 1:27 PM

Id love Dean if he slides some more. Plug and play starter at a position that has sucked for us. Would be back to back starters with JOK last year.

Ojabo would be a nice pick. Wouldnt get him this year, but probably worth a flyer. 

BR1986FB

Fri, Apr 29, 2022 1:36 PM

My thoughts exactly with Dean. 

And continuing to cross fingers that Mayfield gets moved tonight.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Fri, Apr 29, 2022 3:09 PM

I had no idea Garrett Wilson was so ... fabulous.

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Fri, Apr 29, 2022 3:14 PM
posted by justincredible

How do you Steelers fans feel about Pickett?

Neutral with a slight lean towards positive, I think, where it will wind up depending more on how they handle the rest of the draft, as opposed to a knee-jerk reaction based solely on that pick. On one hand, I can't see either Trubisky or Rudolph being anything resembling a long-term answer at the position, so if they feel they have someone who could be, pulling the trigger is a necessity. Especially when considering that, going by team history, they tend to rarely be in that top-10 draft range where it's easy to snag a franchise QB during years when there are no-brainers in the draft. 

On the other, there's the part of me that feels Trubisky can at least be a capable (if unspectacular) guy and the team has other holes that had more to do with their overall mediocrity last year than the QB position, so why not try to shore those up to be an overall improved team?

Of course, there's also the worry that if they did that and Trubisky/Rudolph don't get the job done and the results aren't much different during next season, their "barely in-or-out of the playoff" area pick next year might not put them in a position to get a Pickett-level QB depending on who is available and what needs higher-drafting teams have, so I can understand them wanting to strike when they have a chance of getting the guy whom they felt was the best QB in this year's draft. But regardless of who starts at QB, I think the short passing game and running game are what will be essential to them, so I'd like their picks to reflect that, as well as shoring up their weaker points on D.

kizer permanente

Fri, Apr 29, 2022 4:21 PM

ESPN has my cousins husband possibly going in round 2 tonight. He was originally projected rounds 4-5 (which is probably more realistic) but  it’d be cool to see him go in the second. Browns don’t really need him (DE) but they wouldn’t take him with their first pick anyways. I’m excited for him, regardless. 

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Fri, Apr 29, 2022 4:48 PM

BR1986FB

Fri, Apr 29, 2022 5:33 PM
posted by justincredible

I had no idea Garrett Wilson was so ... fabulous.

When I saw him come out in this I thought "Deion Sanders."

gut

Fri, Apr 29, 2022 6:23 PM

Mitch Trubisky after PIT goes defense in R2 and R3....

Devils Advocate

Brudda o da bomber

Fri, Apr 29, 2022 7:35 PM

The Jets are killin it

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Fri, Apr 29, 2022 7:37 PM

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Fri, Apr 29, 2022 7:38 PM

Joe Douglas is the dude. 

Laley23

GOAT

Fri, Apr 29, 2022 9:56 PM

Nakobe Dean sliding is wild. 

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Fri, Apr 29, 2022 10:28 PM

Dean to the Eagles. I saw something about a pec injury.

Laley23

GOAT

Fri, Apr 29, 2022 10:31 PM

Almost into the 4th round though? Usually you see someone take a flyer after someone that good slides like 20 picks.

sportchampps

Fri, Apr 29, 2022 11:26 PM

Heard Dean needs surgery either ebfore the season or after. 

Love the Ruckert pick he is going to be a stud TE who wasn’t used enough at Ohio State

Laley23

GOAT

Fri, Apr 29, 2022 11:31 PM

David Bell is a nice pick at 99. Don’t get taking a CB with our first pick, so he’ll probably end up all-pro lol

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Sat, Apr 30, 2022 10:12 AM
posted by sportchampps

Love the Ruckert pick he is going to be a stud TE who wasn’t used enough at Ohio State

Hope so. 

BR1986FB

Sat, Apr 30, 2022 1:32 PM
posted by Laley23

David Bell is a nice pick at 99. Don’t get taking a CB with our first pick, so he’ll probably end up all-pro lol

Up until the Winfrey pick, in the 4th, don't like a whole lot of what they've done in this draft. They've traded down a few times and passed on some good players. Fourth round is a bit high to select a kicker but if he's the best kicker in college, considering Baltimore & Cincy's kickers, probably better to be safe than sorry.

sportchampps

Sat, Apr 30, 2022 3:23 PM
posted by justincredible

Hope so. 

I think your Jets are winning this draft. If Josh Wilson can pan out we might see the patriots on the bottom of the division.

kizer permanente

Sat, Apr 30, 2022 3:29 PM
posted by kizer permanente

ESPN has my cousins husband possibly going in round 2 tonight. He was originally projected rounds 4-5 (which is probably more realistic) but  it’d be cool to see him go in the second. Browns don’t really need him (DE) but they wouldn’t take him with their first pick anyways. I’m excited for him, regardless. 

Heading to Chicago in the 5th round