2021 Reds Thread

Home Forums Sports

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Sep 20, 2021 9:10 PM

Heretic….you at the Reds/Pirates game tonight? Pretty sure I hear you in the crowd

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Mon, Sep 20, 2021 9:58 PM

Votto with HRs in back-to-back at-bats to tie the game. 

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Tue, Sep 21, 2021 11:00 AM
posted by Ironman92

Heretic….you at the Reds/Pirates game tonight? Pretty sure I hear you in the crowd

Lol, nah; I was at a friend's where a few of us were drinking, playing pool and most definitely not watching the loser Pirates losing again.

Ironman92

Administrator

Tue, Sep 21, 2021 10:50 PM

Up until today with Kyle Farmer doing it twice…..The Reds have have had only 1 player all season go from 1st to 3rd 2x in one game…..it was Wade Miley

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Tue, Sep 21, 2021 10:55 PM

Playoffs aren’t happening anymore.

brutus161

The Navy Guy

Wed, Sep 22, 2021 7:56 AM
posted by justincredible

Playoffs aren’t happening anymore.

I don't know why i got my hopes up. 

BRF

Wed, Sep 22, 2021 11:12 AM

It’s been fun following the Reds for their run.  Four out now and tough, but not impossible. 

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Wed, Sep 22, 2021 12:44 PM
posted by BRF

It’s been fun following the Reds for their run.  Four out now and tough, but not impossible. 

Problem is that there's only 10 games or so to go and none of their final 10 are against St. Louis. Cards have been red hot and won like 10 in a row. If the Reds had a series left with them, a person could at least hold out some hope that if they swept them, they'd be close. Instead, they have to both hope that they finish 10-0 or 9-1, while the Cards completely fall apart.

Sucks because I hate the Cards, but the final month worked out perfectly for them. They got hot and both Cincy and San Diego just fell apart.

BRF

Wed, Sep 22, 2021 2:15 PM

Yes, I just meant that the “fat lady hasn’t sung yet”.  

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Wed, Sep 22, 2021 2:26 PM

Ironman92

Administrator

Wed, Sep 22, 2021 5:38 PM

Reds sign Bell for a 2 year extension.

At some point it would be great to have a manager that gave a fucking fuck about fundamentals of defense and base running……and wasn’t lazy AF with his lefty/righty decisions.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Mon, Sep 27, 2021 2:55 PM
posted by justincredible

Votto over/under 35 Hrs

Hit 2 today and sits at 35.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Mon, Sep 27, 2021 2:56 PM
posted by Ironman92

Good set…not sure

I’ll guess under because so many things can happen to keep it under

Ball is jumping off his bat…it’s fooling me on how far they go

ernest_t_bass

12th Son of the Lama

Tue, Sep 28, 2021 6:54 AM

Cardinals' win streak sits at 16.  Unreal.  Reds crappy play didn't help, but I'm looking at losing the wild card race more a factor of the Cardinals winning it rather than the Reds losing it.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Tue, Sep 28, 2021 9:51 AM

Yeah, hard to compete with a team that doesn't lose. 

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Fri, Nov 5, 2021 3:13 PM

Tucker Barnhart traded to Detroit. Castellanos opts out. Wade Miley picked up by the Cubs off of waivers.