2021 Reds Thread

Home Forums Sports

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Thu, Jul 29, 2021 11:31 AM

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Thu, Jul 29, 2021 11:36 AM

Joey's been having a really good bounce-back year. He'd been looking a bit washed up over the last couple years, so it's nice to see him being productive again.

brutus161

The Navy Guy

Thu, Jul 29, 2021 11:50 AM
posted by Heretic

Joey's been having a really good bounce-back year. He'd been looking a bit washed up over the last couple years, so it's nice to see him being productive again.

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, Jul 29, 2021 12:07 PM
posted by Heretic

Nice to see him standing up, being aggressive and powerful 

brutus161

The Navy Guy

Thu, Jul 29, 2021 2:35 PM

VOTTO STILL BANGS!!!

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, Jul 29, 2021 2:40 PM

Joey is toasty 

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Thu, Jul 29, 2021 2:44 PM

Votto might have 30 HRs by next week. Good lord.

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, Jul 29, 2021 6:31 PM

Another great TEAM win

Votto has to be player of the week….Winker maybe his biggest competitor and Kyle Farmer a candidate for player of the month

.394/.452/738

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Fri, Jul 30, 2021 11:32 AM

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Fri, Jul 30, 2021 9:22 PM

He hit another one. Holy shit. 

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Fri, Jul 30, 2021 9:24 PM

He’s going to carry the Reds into the post season and win himself another MVP in the process. 

That’s my insanely bold prediction.

Ironman92

Administrator

Fri, Jul 30, 2021 11:46 PM

He’s not carrying though….he’s hitting the best by a bit but man India and Winker are killing it too. Farmer and Stephenson have been great. 2 new relievers look great…

Castellanos back soon hopefully

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Sat, Jul 31, 2021 7:23 AM

Whatever, let me dream. 

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Sat, Jul 31, 2021 7:25 AM

What’s the MLB record for consecutive games with a HR? Seems like 8 or 9 would be the number. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Sat, Jul 31, 2021 9:40 AM
posted by justincredible

What’s the MLB record for consecutive games with a HR? Seems like 8 or 9 would be the number. 

Dale Long, Don Mattingly, Ken Griffey Jr….maybe 1 other……I think 4 guys at 7 including Kevin Mench lol

Ironman92

Administrator

Sat, Jul 31, 2021 11:16 PM

Screw you David bell….screw you!

Dumbass

Horse shit managing, completely indefensible dumbass game costing move.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Sun, Aug 1, 2021 7:06 AM

What did he do?

I saw Votto missed tying the record by inches in the 8th. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Aug 1, 2021 9:42 AM
posted by justincredible

What did he do?

I saw Votto missed tying the record by inches in the 8th. 

2 outs in the 9th inning….4-3 lead and Hembree pitching (8 saves in July….most by any Reds pitcher since Aroldis Chapman)….initially he didn’t look great but battled and struck out 2 straight batters and lefty Dominic Smith coming to the plate….but Smith hits lefties way better than righties….Hembree who looks the part is a righty and settled into this game. Out if nowhere he come David Bell from his nap and brings in a lefty….a sucky lefty in Sean Doolittle. Doolittle give up a hit and game is tied.

He replaced one of our top relievers that k’s two straight batters with one of our bottom relievers even though the analytics he loves tremendously said to use a righty vs Smith….with 2 outs in the 9th

The smartest man in the room was the dumbest person in the stadium.

Wining streak over and momentum halted fir zero reason.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Sun, Aug 1, 2021 7:19 PM

I'm glad the Reds didn't trade away Winker as a prospect.

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Aug 1, 2021 7:25 PM
posted by BRF

This is cool:

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2021/08/reds-jesse-winker-response-heckling-mets-fan-sign-ball-video?fbclid=IwAR3z2JiuWb4ofUPHp8J5ciBxsg61tUDK6hTnDxaMUBCdx9LtcCFCLkjsPNs

I actually spoke briefly with Ken Griffey Jr back in 2007 on Father’s Day….big guy wearing an Adam Dunn jersey kept cheering and chanting for Sammy Sosa (Sosa at 599 HR and in bench)….He and Griffey heckled back and forth all game as Jr was in RF. Sosa PH in the 8th and didn’t HR….when Griffey came back out for top of 9th he came to me at wall (I was in first row) and asked me where that guy was at (I noticed him walking my way with a ball.) I said he’s about 8 rows back……during my answer the big guy is hauling down the steps and hip checks me to side a bit….Griffey tosses him the ball and says “check it out”…the guy nervously rotated the ball and said what’s it say what’s it say???….

I said it’s Sammy Sosa’s autograph….the guy teared up big time and was shaking and Griffey said Happy Father’s Day big guy and turned back to RF

It was one of the best things I have witnessed. Heck 14 years later I got water in my eyes from just typing it up.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Mon, Aug 2, 2021 5:23 PM

Votto Player of the Month and Player of the Week. India Rookie of the Month.

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Aug 2, 2021 5:39 PM
posted by justincredible

Votto Player of the Month and Player of the Week. India Rookie of the Month.

Farmer was 3rd it sounds in POM and did make the all-month team at SS (yeah never heard of it either but saw it on Twitter and all legit choices)

ernest_t_bass

12th Son of the Lama

Wed, Aug 4, 2021 12:37 PM

What a terrible blown save last night.  

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Fri, Aug 6, 2021 1:00 PM

Good win last night. Probably going to go to the game tonight. Votto better hit a HR or I’m going to riot.