Home Forums Sports

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Aug 29, 2021 5:28 PM

And DeChambeau hits a 6 iron from 240 and comes up 30 yards short 

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Aug 29, 2021 8:23 PM

That was maybe the best back and forth Sunday finish I’ve ever seen ending with Cantlay making a 22 footer on the 6th playoff hole for the win.

Poor big baby Bryson

QuakerOats

Mon, Aug 30, 2021 12:04 PM
posted by Ironman92

That was maybe the best back and forth Sunday finish I’ve ever seen ending with Cantlay making a 22 footer on the 6th playoff hole for the win.

Poor big baby Bryson

Agree; that was tremendous! 

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Sep 5, 2021 5:28 PM

Now Cantlay is crapping himself with a 2 shot lead with 2 holes left

Could cost him $10 million

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Sep 5, 2021 5:38 PM

Cantley hit 4…FOUR bad/awful shots on a short par 4 and only lost 1 shot. This should be over….but far from it.

He could’ve hit two 6 irons and 2 putts……3 wood far right but lucky bounce I to an opening and great lucky lie. Then flies a 9 iron 25 yards over green….then leaves chip short of green then hits a meh chip from there.

I think caddy should’ve been more vocal

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Sep 5, 2021 5:49 PM

And then hits a 361 yard drive down the middle and threw a 7 iron for the closest second shot of the day….crazy nails heart rate and ability.

Dude gonna win some majors

QuakerOats

Tue, Sep 21, 2021 1:37 PM

Ryder Cup thoughts? 

Europe just seems to have the grittiness to get the job done over the last 20 years; I would think they will be tough to beat. 

Laley23

GOAT

Tue, Sep 21, 2021 2:07 PM

I think it will be a pretty big upset if Europe wins this. But I’m pumped to watch.

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Tue, Sep 21, 2021 2:24 PM

Would love to see Koepka and Bryson get into it in the middle of a round. 

Laley23

GOAT

Tue, Sep 21, 2021 2:46 PM

What pairings are we hoping to see?

I dont think JT and Spieth are good together despite (maybe because of) being best friends. I hope that Jordan and Bryson are together. If not Jordan with Bryson, my other 2 hopes would be Sheffler or Morikawa. If its Mori, his tee shots set Bryson up perfectly in the middle of the fairway at the preferred distance for Bryson 150-175. Anything closer and he sucks lol. On the flip side, if Bryson isnt spraying, you have the best iron player in the world (despite recent form) knocking it close for Bryson to putt. If Bryson is spraying, thats when Sheffler is perfect. Probably the best Around the Green game of the two teams, so just have Bryson go stright at the flag on every tee shot and Scottie can go find the ball and knock it to 10'.

Other pairings I think would just be amazing. Cantlay or Brooks and Bryson LOL. Morikawa and Thomas if they are both on would just iron the Euros into submission. 

QuakerOats

Tue, Sep 21, 2021 4:19 PM

Bryson and Stricker intimating that Brooks and Bryson are on decent terms now; we'll see.  Not sure why they just can't bury the hatchet.  

Hopefully Morikawa is over his back problems.  If so, Morikawa / Cantlay could be a pretty lethal combo.  

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Wed, Sep 22, 2021 10:32 AM
posted by QuakerOats

Bryson and Stricker intimating that Brooks and Bryson are on decent terms now; we'll see.  Not sure why they just can't bury the hatchet.  

Brand management in my opinion.  What story in golf has been featured more in the past 3-4 months?  These guys are all cognizant of the air time they get.  Not an indictment - it’s just today’s reality.  

Laley23

GOAT

Wed, Sep 22, 2021 10:47 AM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

Brand management in my opinion.  What story in golf has been featured more in the past 3-4 months?  These guys are all cognizant of the air time they get.  Not an indictment - it’s just today’s reality.  

When $40M is on the line for the Player Impact Program...

Laley23

GOAT

Thu, Sep 23, 2021 12:33 PM

The more I think about the pairings and the sessions, the more I dont think Stricker should play Bryson in Alternate Shot.

QuakerOats

Thu, Sep 23, 2021 2:02 PM

Groupings for tomorrow announced yet?

Laley23

GOAT

Thu, Sep 23, 2021 4:34 PM
posted by QuakerOats

Groupings for tomorrow announced yet?

Probably tonight on GC. I think 3 years ago they hade a show dedicated to it each night...

Laley23

GOAT

Thu, Sep 23, 2021 5:35 PM
posted by Laley23

Probably tonight on GC. I think 3 years ago they hade a show dedicated to it each night...

Sounds like it could be 15-30 minutes away...

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Fri, Sep 24, 2021 10:15 AM

Oof.

Laley23

GOAT

Fri, Sep 24, 2021 10:19 AM

What was that I was saying about Thomas and Spieth together? Best friends don't make the best teammates. 

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Fri, Sep 24, 2021 11:08 AM

So many missed putts for JT and Jordan. 

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Fri, Sep 24, 2021 11:22 AM

What a putt for Sergio. Damn.

Laley23

GOAT

Fri, Sep 24, 2021 11:55 AM

As good as Spieth and Thomas were in France (about the only good pairing) I just really don't like them together. Mostly feel their games are complimentary and that both would be better served with different types of players. Would really like Bryson and Spieth to go together if the use Bryson tomorrow for Alternate shot (I wouldnt). 

QuakerOats

Fri, Sep 24, 2021 12:32 PM

Solid morning for Team USA

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Fri, Sep 24, 2021 12:36 PM

3-1 ain't bad at all. 

Laley23

GOAT

Fri, Sep 24, 2021 12:58 PM

These afternoon groupings are...interesting. I basically hate 3/4. Finau and Harris are solid pairing (Sheffler and Bryson would be great as alternate shot if you elected to play Bryson). 

How do you split up Cantlay and X AND STILL PLAY THEM BOTH? How does JT find the afternoon session at all? Where is Morikawa? Ugh.