2021 PGA Tour Thread

Home Forums Sports

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Sun, Mar 7, 2021 7:06 PM

Might try to play Bay Hill when I am in Orlando in July. We'll have to stay at the resort, but prices are very reasonable.

Laley23

GOAT

Sun, Mar 7, 2021 7:47 PM

Next week is a betters paradise. Debuted last year, but only for a round — every shot of every player streaming. Cant fucking wait. Cant wait to lose $1k on Thursday lol.

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Sun, Mar 7, 2021 8:24 PM
posted by Laley23

Next week is a betters paradise. Debuted last year, but only for a round — every shot of every player streaming. Cant fucking wait. Cant wait to lose $1k on Thursday lol.

Like gambling, do ya?

Laley23

GOAT

Sun, Mar 7, 2021 9:41 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

Like gambling, do ya?

I’ve always loved Vegas. Illinois finally legalized (went live) about a year ago. It’s a nice secondary/personal fund to buy shit without worrying about finances. But really only golf and football. I’m pretty horrendous at other sports. 

Though NBA playoffs are easy. Take LeBron over any of his props and never lose lol.

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Mon, Mar 8, 2021 8:03 AM
posted by Laley23

I’ve always loved Vegas. Illinois finally legalized (went live) about a year ago. It’s a nice secondary/personal fund to buy shit without worrying about finances. But really only golf and football. I’m pretty horrendous at other sports. 

Though NBA playoffs are easy. Take LeBron over any of his props and never lose lol.

Ignorant question here:

Is online gambling legal for anyone, or does it depend on what state you live in?  

Laley23

GOAT

Mon, Mar 8, 2021 8:42 AM

Ignorant question here:

Is online gambling legal for anyone, or does it depend on what state you live in?  

Anyone, you just have to be within the borders of a legalized state to place the bet. 

About 30% it seems are legal at this point with over half scheduled to pass bills this year.

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Mar 8, 2021 10:56 AM

I’ve enjoyed the PGA more this year than I have in a long time.

Laley23

GOAT

Mon, Mar 8, 2021 11:10 AM
posted by Ironman92

I’ve enjoyed the PGA more this year than I have in a long time.

We’ve had great Sunday's for a month straight. The best thing they ever did was re-work the schedule. Very few events are throw away anymore. The only one thus far has been Pebble, which is always a terrible field, and kinda the American Express. Honda will probably suffer a bit, but even still, likely Sungjae, JT, Brooks and a few Euros.

QuakerOats

Tue, Mar 9, 2021 5:32 PM

I took Simpson from Tier 1; Rory from  Tier 2; Hideki from 3; Horschel from 4; Kuchar from 5; and S Kim from 6.   Not final yet; suggestions welcome. 

Laley23

GOAT

Tue, Mar 9, 2021 6:11 PM
posted by QuakerOats

I took Simpson from Tier 1; Rory from  Tier 2; Hideki from 3; Horschel from 4; Kuchar from 5; and S Kim from 6.   Not final yet; suggestions welcome. 

I’m sure Morikawa and Cantlay are same tier as Rory/Webb. But I like them both.

Love Billy Ho and Si Wooooooooo this week for their price point. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Mar 14, 2021 5:24 PM

Another great Sunday

QuakerOats

Mon, Mar 15, 2021 11:08 AM

Westwood staying focused and rolling in the 20 footer on 18 earned him an extra half million or so for solo second.  

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Mar 15, 2021 11:21 AM
posted by QuakerOats

Westwood staying focused and rolling in the 20 footer on 18 earned him an extra half million or so for solo second.  

Good for his caddy 

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Apr 18, 2021 5:53 PM

Stewart Cink representing the old timers....easy win at Heritage

Good for him....and his son the caddy

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, May 9, 2021 6:06 PM

Rory was overly dramatic on 18 but a good win

QuakerOats

Mon, May 10, 2021 3:56 PM

Are they going to allow fans at Muirfield Village in a few weeks?

ptown_trojans_1

Mon, May 10, 2021 4:01 PM
posted by QuakerOats

Are they going to allow fans at Muirfield Village in a few weeks?

Yeah. Everything I read and saw here on the news is yes. I think it will be reduced, but fans will be allowed. 

QuakerOats

Mon, May 17, 2021 3:23 PM

Who are we liking for the PGA Championship? 

Laley23

GOAT

Mon, May 17, 2021 3:24 PM
posted by QuakerOats

Who are we liking for the PGA Championship? 

I feel like an idiot for not grabbing Rory at 24-1 the week before he won Quail Hallow. Now of course he’s the favorite at like 10-1 depending on where you look.

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Mon, May 17, 2021 3:27 PM

I like Bryson.  I said on here once that I thought he was on the juice.  That wasn't fair.  Maybe he is, I don't know.  But I oughtta give him the same presumption everyone else gets.  I've read a bit about him and I respect his different approach.  He seems to gear up well for these majors and it sounds like Quail sets up well for him.  

Laley23

GOAT

Mon, May 17, 2021 3:39 PM

I like Bryson.  I said on here once that I thought he was on the juice.  That wasn't fair.  Maybe he is, I don't know.  But I oughtta give him the same presumption everyone else gets.  I've read a bit about him and I respect his different approach.  He seems to gear up well for these majors and it sounds like Quail sets up well for him.  

FYI, this isn’t at Quail. But it’s the longest course in major history, so should set up well for Bryson. Pete Dye design, and on the ocean (hence, The Ocean Course lol). I think Quail is a comparison course, though.

I haven’t looked at layouts. Wonder how many holes are forced layups off the tee with water?

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Mon, May 17, 2021 3:46 PM
posted by Laley23

FYI, this isn’t at Quail. But it’s the longest course in major history, so should set up well for Bryson. Pete Dye design, and on the ocean (hence, The Ocean Course lol). I think Quail is a comparison course, though.

I knew that, I don't know why I typed Quail.

QuakerOats

Mon, May 17, 2021 5:21 PM

I'm probably heading in the direction of the more seasoned links players, so I'll probably have a majority of Europeans in the mix of 6.  Will keep an eye on the forecast as well to see how much wind is expected.  

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, May 17, 2021 7:00 PM

I’ll go Justin Rose

QuakerOats

Wed, May 19, 2021 10:34 AM

1 guy from each of six tiers (based on world rankings); I went  with:

1) - Rahm, Fitzpatrick, Fleetwood, Leishman, Rose, Wiesberger

2) - McIlroy, Hovland, Niemann, Connors, Lowry, Grillo

At least 4 of the six must make the cut to have a winnable entry; total of best 4 total scores. 

(Can edit up until the first tee off)