2021-22 NFL Playoffs thread

Home Forums Sports

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Sat, Jan 15, 2022 1:18 PM

Had Skyline for lunch to give the Bengals some good juju. 

superman

Sat, Jan 15, 2022 5:50 PM

Big Dick Joe making it happen

Ironman92

Administrator

Sat, Jan 15, 2022 6:03 PM

Raiders DB’s quit on the TD as they thought he was running OB. Refs whistle was asinine but too late to have affected Raiders DB’s

friendfromlowry

Sat, Jan 15, 2022 6:35 PM

I am nervous.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Sat, Jan 15, 2022 6:51 PM

Who do they think is going to beat the Bengals?

friendfromlowry

Sat, Jan 15, 2022 6:57 PM

Holy fucking injuries Bengals 

superman

Sat, Jan 15, 2022 7:21 PM

Fucking officials are so bad. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Sat, Jan 15, 2022 7:26 PM
posted by superman

Fucking officials are so bad. 

Knew that soon as you saw Boger

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Sat, Jan 15, 2022 7:43 PM

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Sat, Jan 15, 2022 7:52 PM

friendfromlowry

Sat, Jan 15, 2022 7:54 PM

My resting heart rate was 130 at the end 

Ironman92

Administrator

Sat, Jan 15, 2022 8:02 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

My resting heart rate was 130 at the end 

I tweeted that I knew how all my Bengals fans were feeling lol

friendfromlowry

Sat, Jan 15, 2022 8:11 PM

Take a drink every time they mention the temperatures tonight 

Laley23

GOAT

Sat, Jan 15, 2022 8:13 PM
posted by Ironman92

Raiders DB’s quit on the TD as they thought he was running OB. Refs whistle was asinine but too late to have affected Raiders DB’s

That’s a real slippery slope. Whistle clearly happened before catch. I agree it didn’t matter, but I don’t think that can be a judgement ruling. That’s gotta be a black and white rule which would’ve meant no TD.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Sat, Jan 15, 2022 8:47 PM

Laley23

GOAT

Sat, Jan 15, 2022 9:33 PM

And NFL confirms that TD shouldn’t have counted. Don’t think Vegas wins anyway, but yeah, you can’t reward a play when the whistle fucking blows. Boger and his crew are so bad.

Ironman92

Administrator

Sat, Jan 15, 2022 10:28 PM
posted by Laley23

That’s a real slippery slope. Whistle clearly happened before catch. I agree it didn’t matter, but I don’t think that can be a judgement ruling. That’s gotta be a black and white rule which would’ve meant no TD.

The appropriate outcome happened regardless.

Refs for 3+ years have held their whistle while QB’s have thrown the ball 15-20 yards and defensive guy picks it up and runs for a TD while the world is just wondering if it’s actually real or not, knowing it can’t be. What’s the purpose of blowing your whistle at all when a QB runs out of bounds?…why be quick with it?

friendfromlowry

Sat, Jan 15, 2022 10:35 PM

It was going to be a TD regardless. Boyd didn’t have the separation he did because of the whistle a half second before the ball hits his hands. It would have been more infuriating had the TD not counted because a dumbfuck blew his whistle. I’m also not going to care because the Joey Porter incident from 2016 still pisses me off. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Sat, Jan 15, 2022 10:52 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

It was going to be a TD regardless. Boyd didn’t have the separation he did because of the whistle a half second before the ball hits his hands. It would have been more infuriating had the TD not counted because a dumbfuck blew his whistle. I’m also not going to care because the Joey Porter incident from 2016 still pisses me off. 

It was 3rd and 4…..Bengals very well could’ve had the same outcome 

And the Steelers had around 21 seconds left so they could’ve too

superman

Sat, Jan 15, 2022 11:03 PM

The Raiders got every other questionable call. It evens out

Ironman92

Administrator

Sat, Jan 15, 2022 11:06 PM
posted by superman

The Raiders got every other questionable call. It evens out

Their holdings murdered them.

Hopefully next round all has good crews but that seems mathematically impossible 

superman

Sat, Jan 15, 2022 11:35 PM
posted by Ironman92

Their holdings murdered them.

Hopefully next round all has good crews but that seems mathematically impossible 

Every one was legit.  

The phantom timeout changed the end of the game.

Laley23

GOAT

Sat, Jan 15, 2022 11:38 PM

I didn’t watch most of the game. I did see that call. My point is there is a clear black and white rule. How the refs fucked it up is insane, only Boger. You can say the right outcome resulted, and I agree. But the rule is clear…it should not have counted. The whistle blew. The Bengals benefited immensely from that.

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Jan 16, 2022 9:14 AM
posted by Laley23

I didn’t watch most of the game. I did see that call. My point is there is a clear black and white rule. How the refs fucked it up is insane, only Boger. You can say the right outcome resulted, and I agree. But the rule is clear…it should not have counted. The whistle blew. The Bengals benefited immensely from that.

I just have no issue with them huddling up, knowing they eff’d up and making up their reason to make it the way it should have resulted….basically making two wrongs to get a right 

Laley23

GOAT

Sun, Jan 16, 2022 9:44 AM
posted by Ironman92

I just have no issue with them huddling up, knowing they eff’d up and making up their reason to make it the way it should have resulted….basically making two wrongs to get a right 

Until it happens to your team. It is a clear rule. There is no judgement in if a whistle blew or not.