2019 MLB Postseason

Home Forums Sports

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, Oct 3, 2019 8:49 PM

Suck it Mark Melancon, couldn’t happen to a better douche

mhs95_06

Thu, Oct 3, 2019 9:03 PM

Martinez, leading by 4 in the 9th, walks the lead-off hitter, the easiest one to get out that he'll face tonight.

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, Oct 3, 2019 9:06 PM

Cardinals have gotten the last 6 “game of inches” plays

mhs95_06

Thu, Oct 3, 2019 9:13 PM
posted by mhs95_06

Martinez, leading by 4 in the 9th, walks the lead-off hitter, the easiest one to get out that he'll face tonight.

And he gives up 3 earned runs in the 9th, but he has enough to finish the game and get himself and the team a win!

mhs95_06

Fri, Oct 4, 2019 12:11 AM

I thought both home plate jumps did a very good job on balls and strikes tonight, not what the computer could do, but very good for human judgement and much better than average.  They had a ton of close pitches that were not offered at.

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Fri, Oct 4, 2019 1:30 PM

Man, rough night for Acuna Jr.

Pissed off his teammates by not running out a long hit, turning a double into a single because he thought it'd be a dinger. And then, in the ninth, when he hit a homer, he pissed off Carlos Big Fucking Pussy Martinez because he didn't run the bases fast enough, therefore, apparently not showing him the proper respect.

The former: an issue, especially since he wound up being DP'd off second by a liner in a game his team lost by one run. The latter: LOL, fuck St. Louis, their love of the "play the game the right way" unwritten rules and Martinez. If it wasn't a playoff situation where you need to win three games before they win two, I'd endorse the Braves just smashing in one of their hitters' faces with a fastball just for Martinez being such a bitch. There's your "respect", Mr. Pitcher-Man!

Gardens35

Fri, Oct 4, 2019 1:35 PM

Today's games are at 2, 4:30, 7, and 9:30.

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Oct 6, 2019 1:38 PM

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Oct 6, 2019 1:39 PM

Dunn was one of our founding GOAT athletes

mhs95_06

Sun, Oct 6, 2019 4:48 PM
posted by Ironman92

Dunn was one of our founding GOAT athletes

Was ahead of his time with the HR,BB, or K plate approach!

mhs95_06

Sun, Oct 6, 2019 6:36 PM

Wainwright throws 120 pitches and can't quite get the 3rd out in the 8th, leading 1-0.  Exits with bases loaded and Freeman hitting, and he hits a can of corn to CF off of the over the hill lefty Miller to end the top of the 8th.

mhs95_06

Sun, Oct 6, 2019 7:18 PM

Cards one of many teams with closer problems as now theirs has given up 3 or more runs in two straight 9th innings!

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Oct 7, 2019 6:27 PM

Braves leave bases loaded in 2 straight innings and last one a lead off triple...0 runs

Then Braves bring in Tomlin and he was great for 4 outs and they take him out and bring in a pitcher that Ozuna is 2 for 3 off of

mhs95_06

Mon, Oct 7, 2019 6:32 PM

Due to 2 outs, Goldschmidt was able to score on the blooper that ticked off Freeman's glove!

mhs95_06

Mon, Oct 7, 2019 6:54 PM

Freeman trying to stretch at the wrong angle to the throw from RF to try for the DP, allows Edman to go to 2nd on the error which can't b on Freeman as they said since it deflected off Edman before getting to Freeman.

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Oct 7, 2019 7:10 PM
posted by mhs95_06

Freeman trying to stretch at the wrong angle to the throw from RF to try for the DP, allows Edman to go to 2nd on the error which can't b on Freeman as they said since it deflected off Edman before getting to Freeman.

One of THE best defensive first basemen and was on the wrong side 

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Oct 7, 2019 7:11 PM

Braves has it....they can forget about it now.

Cards take this series in game 5

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Oct 7, 2019 7:17 PM

No team can dominate the game of inches like the Cardinals

Dodgers better hope the Braves find a way

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Tue, Oct 8, 2019 12:07 PM
posted by Ironman92

No team can dominate the game of inches like the Cardinals

Dodgers better hope the Braves find a way

Dodgers better hope they can find a way. Going to Game 5 vs. Washington with a team that has been underachieving in the playoffs over the past years considering how much $$$ gets pumped into their roster.

Ironman92

Administrator

Tue, Oct 8, 2019 11:06 PM

I’m really going to be ticked when the Cards and the Rays are playing in the World Series

mhs95_06

Wed, Oct 9, 2019 12:02 AM

Tampa Bay jumps on Verlander early with 3 runs in the first and plays it out to win 4-1 to send it to a game 5 Thursday.  I've seen starter pitch on short rest many times and the high majority of the time it doesn't work out.  TB quelled the Astro's budding momentum when they made a perfect relay from CF to nip Altuve for the 2nd out trying to score the Astro's first run on a shot off the wall. The TB pitching was the modern way utilizing an opener and closing with last years CY winner.  None of their 6 pitchers got more than 7 outs or less than two.. Thursday will be interesting!  How many runs can TB score on Cole, and how soon can they get him out of the game and into the bullpen which is not as strong as the TB pen.  With the day off tomorrow there will be a lot of pitchers with at least a day of rest and primed to go. What great or bad defensive or base-running plays will impact the game?

Also looking forward to hopefully two good game fives tomorrow.  

Will be rooting for TB Thursday and Nats tomorrow.  No particular favorite in the other game tomorrow.

mhs95_06

Wed, Oct 9, 2019 12:05 AM
posted by Ironman92

I’m really going to be ticked when the Cards and the Rays are playing in the World Series

That match-up seems pretty good to me with only the Rays vs. the Nats being better.

Gardens35

Wed, Oct 9, 2019 1:31 AM

3 good series, 1 clunker.

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Wed, Oct 9, 2019 1:54 AM

This is why I always say the MLB playoffs are a crapshoot.  With the exception of a few years, you can redo the playoffs and would get a completely different outcome every time.

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Wed, Oct 9, 2019 5:30 PM

Get home and watch playoff baseball, I thought. It'll be fun, I thought.

THIS FUCKING GAME IS ALREADY OVER AND IT'S ONLY THE TOP OF THE FIRST!!! Fuck both Atlanta and St. Louis.