2019 College Football Thread

Home Forums Sports

ernest_t_bass

12th Son of the Lama

Wed, Nov 6, 2019 6:26 AM
posted by wildcats20

Minnesota at 17 is a slap in the face though. Behind 6, 2 loss teams. 

Their schedule is awful.  Win this week, and it will take care of itself.

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Fri, Nov 8, 2019 12:29 AM

And the latest rumor is Deion to FSU. And it actually seems to have some legs with Ian Rapoport reporting it. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Fri, Nov 8, 2019 9:08 AM

Chase Young smh

mhs95_06

Sat, Nov 9, 2019 3:58 PM

What makes a great receiver, or defensive back, for that matter?  Adjusting to the ball in the air like the LSU receiver did on the first TD of the LSU/Bama game.

mhs95_06

Sat, Nov 9, 2019 4:05 PM

Smart interception throw by Burrow -- trying for a big play when he knew Bama had 12 men on the field for the hurried snap!

Ironman92

Administrator

Sat, Nov 9, 2019 6:36 PM

Bad spot got LSU from a 1st down and 2x on 4th and 1 LSU punted.

Offensive like going to cost LSU the win 

Bama 41-33

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Sat, Nov 9, 2019 6:59 PM
posted by Ironman92

Bad spot got LSU from a 1st down and 2x on 4th and 1 LSU punted.

Offensive like going to cost LSU the win 

Bama 41-33

Maybe 41-39. LSU gonna need to sustain the next drive.

mhs95_06

Sat, Nov 9, 2019 7:20 PM

LSU doesn't stoop to a prevent defense, even with 1:40 left and a 12 pt lead!

Ironman92

Administrator

Sat, Nov 9, 2019 7:58 PM
posted by mhs95_06

LSU doesn't stoop to a prevent defense, even with 1:40 left and a 12 pt lead!

Things like that make me wish players would lose their full scholarships. Keep em in front and game is over. Just so so dumb and unaware.

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Sat, Nov 16, 2019 4:14 PM

Saban is going to take some heat for that one. Tua doesn’t sound like he’s coming back.

mhs95_06

Sat, Nov 16, 2019 5:57 PM
posted by Ironman92

Man I hope this is just a crap site reporting for hits

https://dailysnark.com/report-tua-tagovailoas-hip-injury-is-similar-to-bo-jacksons-career-ending-injury/

Bo Jackson crossed my mind when Tua got injured.  Both got tackled when they were trying to power thru with their hips with weight on them from the tacklers, Bo trying to keep on running while being pulled down from the shoulders and Tua while trying to lay out putting stress on his hip while trying to throw long.  

Maybe that is how the universities can compensate athletes -- pay premiums to cover future earnings and medical care in case of debilitating injury playing the sport.

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Sat, Nov 16, 2019 6:15 PM

Saban said at half time they were going to take him out after the previous series. They decided he need more 2 min drill practice, so they sent him back out. Tua doesn’t need 2 min practice. Horrible, horrible look for Nicky. 

mhs95_06

Sat, Nov 16, 2019 6:29 PM

So if PJ Fleck didn't get the unsportsmanlike penalty to offset the Iowas unsportsmanlike for hitting the receiver who had just dropped a pass in his breadbasket on 4th down, who would have had the ball?  Iowa's with a half the distance to the goal walkoff from the 4th down line of scrimmage?

Automatik

Mon, Nov 18, 2019 11:56 AM

How is it a bad look for Saban? If he was already hobbling on the repaired ankle and reinjured, I get that. 

But a completely separate, freakish injury? I disagree giving him shit for that.

ptown_trojans_1

Mon, Nov 18, 2019 4:01 PM
posted by Automatik

How is it a bad look for Saban? If he was already hobbling on the repaired ankle and reinjured, I get that. 

But a completely separate, freakish injury? I disagree giving him shit for that.

Same. People just are hating on Saban because they hate Bama. 

If Tua was cleared to play by the doctors, and he wanted to play, why wouldn't Saban have him play? 

As for him being out there to end the half, look at Ohio State for a similar comparison. Day keeps Fields to end a half in blowout games the last two weeks. 

If you didn't think Tua should have been out there, then you cannot like Fields out there either. 

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Tue, Nov 19, 2019 7:03 PM

Have a slight feeling that OSU will be #3 tonight. Committee will say they weren’t overly impressive vs Rutgers

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Tue, Nov 19, 2019 7:12 PM
posted by wildcats20

Have a slight feeling that OSU will be #3 tonight. Committee will say they weren’t overly impressive vs Rutgers

Glad I was wrong and they didn’t let 21 from Rutgers cloud their judgment.

slingshot4ever

Tue, Nov 19, 2019 8:42 PM

Clemson will never have a top 25 win on their resume.  OSU already has two and likely adds three more.  No way they jump us if we continue winning.  If we beat PSU I expect that to bump us back up to #1.

Ironman92

Administrator

Sat, Nov 23, 2019 11:08 PM

We all knew Oregon wasn’t a playoff type team.

Thry done

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Nov 24, 2019 11:26 AM

Some blow hards we’re jumping on the Oregon wagon and now they’ve jumped to the Utah wagon smh

Oregon/Utah/Oklahoma all the same...overrated

Laley23

GOAT

Mon, Nov 25, 2019 10:00 PM
posted by Ironman92

Some blow hards we’re jumping on the Oregon wagon and now they’ve jumped to the Utah wagon smh

Oregon/Utah/Oklahoma all the same...overrated

But they all deserve it over Alabama (well maybe not Oregon now with that L).

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Tue, Nov 26, 2019 11:00 AM

In perhaps the biggest game of the CFB season, tonight Ohio U goes for that all-important sixth win to become bowl-eligible in their final game of the year against hilariously-horrible Akron. Be still, my beating heart.

Such a huge contest that ESPN isn't even putting it on their TV MACtion deal. Fucker's on ESPN+, lol.

Classyposter58

Fri, Nov 29, 2019 7:51 PM

Jason Candle turning into the next Gregg Brandon for Toledo. After Urban Meyer left BG they kept rolling with his former OC, and then it crashed hard and he was fired. Same thing seems to happening in Toledo, Matt Campbell did great things, UT hired his OC when he left and kept rolling but now it's crashing hard.  6-6 with some seriously ugly losses and first loss to BG since 2009

friendfromlowry

Fri, Dec 6, 2019 8:54 PM

Here comes the Pac12 to blow their chance at the playoffs