Super early 2024 Republican Presidential nominee poll

Home Forums Politics

superman

Wed, Nov 16, 2022 4:17 PM

I read today that House Dems are trying to make it so Trump can't run in 2024.  That's beyond stupid.  

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Wed, Nov 16, 2022 5:28 PM
posted by superman

I read today that House Dems are trying to make it so Trump can't run in 2024.  That's beyond stupid.  

Agreed.  

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Wed, Nov 16, 2022 5:54 PM
posted by superman

Really stupid. Unless the Rs are all running a really good con game together, Trump's presence is more likely to create a big rift in the party between the MAGAs and the non-MAGAs that the Ds could actually potentially exploit if they could rise above their usual brain-dead approach to strategy.

But if they try this, there are really two options that will boil down to one option. 1. This thing somehow succeeds and the Rs retaliate by playing the "Progressive D agenda is to eliminate anyone who opposes them from even running for office under any trumped up (no pun intended) rationalization they can come up with", unifying behind DeSantis and likely wind up dominating OR 2. This thing fails and the Rs play the "Progressive D agenda is to eliminate anyone who opposes them from even running for office under any trumped up (no pun intended) rationalization they can come up with" and also wind up dominating, regardless of who gets the nomination.

But that's politics today. You have two parties who are determined to cater to their core, while ignoring the really large segment of people who are more moderate/independent and don't base their entire everything on one party. And then wonder just why they never gain traction because they aren't bright enough to realize that when they use their power to cater to their base, they're probably driving away a lot of the moderates who were the reason they got into power (because those moderates got pissed at the other party for catering to their base too much).

gut

Wed, Nov 16, 2022 6:13 PM

There's pretending to keep Trump from running, and there's actually doing it.

This is intended purely to keep TDS front and center, and Democracy itself is at stake if everyone doesn't work together to stop him!

I think there were a lot of factors in the midterm election, but I'm sure "Democracy is under threat!!!" played some role.  Which means they'll keep going back to that well, for decades, even long after Trump is gone.

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Wed, Nov 16, 2022 8:24 PM
posted by superman

I don’t believe that at all. They want him to run bc they know they’ll clean up. Just like they spent money to get Trump backed people elected, they know the end goal

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Wed, Nov 16, 2022 9:01 PM
posted by gut

This is intended purely to keep TDS front and center, and Democracy itself is at stake if everyone doesn't work together to stop him!

I think there were a lot of factors in the midterm election, but I'm sure "Democracy is under threat!!!" played some role.  Which means they'll keep going back to that well, for decades, even long after Trump is gone.

They both use this same stuff: democracy is under threat (D) or (R) libs will permanently ruin our country (R).  Nothing new. 

gut

Wed, Nov 16, 2022 10:49 PM
posted by Dr Winston O'Boogie

They both use this same stuff: democracy is under threat (D) or (R) libs will permanently ruin our country (R).  Nothing new. 

But even though the Repubs are going to "destroy Democracy", oddly enough it's the Dems that have literally opened HUNDREDS of investigations into the former leader of the opposition party (over 5 dozen from one NY prosecutor alone).  In addition to seeking to pack the courts, ending the "Jim Crow" filibuster, eliminating the electoral college...

Seems like the "merit" behinds these partisan attacks is pretty one-sided, you know like open borders and no limits on abortion.

And, you know, Libertarians are "right wingers", so that pretty much says it all about which party's bullshit runs deeper.

QuakerOats

Thu, Nov 17, 2022 11:10 AM
posted by gut

If they can get millions of stupid people to believe that the other millions of regular, freedom-loving people who get up everyday and go to work and pay taxes are radical extremists, why not keep going back to that well. 

kizer permanente

Thu, Nov 17, 2022 12:05 PM
posted by QuakerOats

If they can get millions of stupid people to believe that the other millions of regular, freedom-loving people who get up everyday and go to work and pay taxes are radical extremists, why not keep going back to that well. 

I mean.. they got you to believe that only you get up and go to work and pay your taxes and everyone who doesn't think like you are sitting at home and waiting for handouts.. so anything is possible. 

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Thu, Nov 17, 2022 12:17 PM
posted by kizer permanente

I mean.. they got you to believe that only you get up and go to work and pay your taxes and everyone who doesn't think like you are sitting at home and waiting for handouts.. so anything is possible. 

I just love the irony of the guy whose entire identity is his political stance to the degree that the other side is "the enemy" and who parrots virtually every right-wing talking point saying that people who vote/believe differently than him are the "stupid people".

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Fri, Nov 18, 2022 11:14 AM

2024 will be more proof of the old adage that people who want this type of power are the least qualified to hold it.  Not one person from the democrat or republican side seems to contradict this. In the present age, it’s the psychopath who is most successful at establishing a cult of personality that wins.  Not one of these people gives two fucks about you, me or anyone else besides themselves and those that can directly benefit them.

ernest_t_bass

12th Son of the Lama

Fri, Nov 18, 2022 12:40 PM
posted by QuakerOats

regular, freedom-loving people 

No.  Just no.  Freedom loving?  Sure.  Regular?  Not at all.  

QuakerOats

Fri, Nov 18, 2022 3:07 PM

2024 will be more proof of the old adage that people who want this type of power are the least qualified to hold it.  Not one person from the democrat or republican side seems to contradict this. In the present age, it’s the psychopath who is most successful at establishing a cult of personality that wins.  Not one of these people gives two fucks about you, me or anyone else besides themselves and those that can directly benefit them.

Relax; it's the weekend, grab a couple of beers. 

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Fri, Nov 18, 2022 3:36 PM
posted by QuakerOats

Relax; it's the weekend, grab a couple of beers. 

I’m relaxed.  I sleep good on cold nights too.  Disappointed about the Browns game moving to Detroit and hoping Ryan Day does not play either his first or second sting tailbacks against Michigan.

Have a good weekend.  As you would say, take care.

superman

Fri, Nov 18, 2022 5:58 PM

hoping Ryan Day does not play either his first or second sting tailbacks against Michigan.

That would just be beyond stupid

majorspark

Fri, Nov 18, 2022 9:14 PM
posted by gut

A "special counsel" has been appointed.  In other words a "special legal operation".  What is it with oppressive government actions and the word "special" somehow whitewashes reality.  In a "special legal operation" innocent lives get ruined and their finances are razed to the ground by the force of government power with the sole intent to achieve a goal.  I guess it's better than a "special military operation" where cities are destroyed and dead well into the 6 figure range.

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Fri, Nov 18, 2022 9:55 PM
posted by superman
That would just be beyond stupid

I meant against Maryland 

ts1227

Sat, Nov 19, 2022 3:57 PM
posted by ernest_t_bass
No.  Just no.  Freedom loving?  Sure.  Regular?  Not at all.  

About as regular as me after Chipotle

gut

Sat, Nov 19, 2022 4:10 PM
posted by majorspark

A "special counsel" has been appointed.  In other words a "special legal operation".  What is it with oppressive government actions and the word "special" somehow whitewashes reality.

I don't see a need for a special counsel with the documents.  But by doing so, you can include Jan. 6th which, IMO, wouldn't otherwise meet the threshold for a special counsel on its own.  The false electors and what happened in GA, probably.  But it's not quite the same headline if you don't chum the waters referencing the Jan. 6 "insurrection".

But you know how slow these special counsels move, and that's probably the point.  This will run through the 2024 election and enable more manufactured bullshit to be masked as "anonymous sources/leaks".

I honestly doubt he'd be charged on the documents if he wasn't running again.  Not that he shouldn't, but I don't think they would have gone there.  And Garland seemed to indicate the Jan. 6th investigation was necessary after Trump and Biden both signaled their intention to run.  And that doesn't make any sense to me.

This also proves what I said months ago that the overly broad and massive search for documents they already knew about was an excuse to go fishing.  I wonder now seeing the Jan. 6 charge if that logic finally makes sense to Moderate Ptown.

majorspark

Sun, Nov 20, 2022 9:57 PM
posted by gut

I don't see a need for a special counsel with the documents. 

No one will ever stir the pot again.  Don't even sniff at it.  There is your need.

QuakerOats

Mon, Nov 21, 2022 2:16 PM

So another special operation vs Trump, but no special operation against the Big Guy & Family for influence peddling, graft, conspiracy, money-laundering, tax evasion etc...etc.....       What a country

Whatever one thinks of McConnell, at least he kept the totally corrupt Merrick Garland off the Supreme Court. 

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Thu, Dec 1, 2022 2:24 PM

Don't worry guys! We have Kanye on the job to siphon off some of the crazy vote from Trump!

Everything I've heard about the Kanye-Trump dinner seems like it was a hilarious event. From Kanye showing up with his pet Hitler Youth buddy that he probably bonded with due to similar feelings about the Jews to Trump flipping out because they were there to ask him if he wanted to be Kanye's VP.

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Thu, Dec 1, 2022 3:06 PM
posted by Heretic

Don't worry guys! We have Kanye on the job to siphon off some of the crazy vote from Trump!

Everything I've heard about the Kanye-Trump dinner seems like it was a hilarious event. From Kanye showing up with his pet Hitler Youth buddy that he probably bonded with due to similar feelings about the Jews to Trump flipping out because they were there to ask him if he wanted to be Kanye's VP.

Lol saw this on Twitter today, Kanye losing it. Trump is a dumbass.

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Thu, Dec 1, 2022 3:40 PM

posted by iclfan2

Lol saw this on Twitter today, Kanye losing it. Trump is a dumbass.

Lol, yeah; going on Infowars to tell Alex Jones how Hitler was actually sorta kinda cool is definitely a decision. Probably not a good one for any number of reasons, but it is a decision!

Dr Winston O'Boogie

Fri, Dec 2, 2022 7:21 AM

Pause a second to take in that the former President of the United States HOSTED this guy for dinner a few nights ago.