The Masters - 2019

Home Forums Sports

Iliketurtles

Sun, Apr 14, 2019 2:30 PM

Damn that was an incredible weekend. Congrats to Tiger so happy to see him win another major again. 

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Sun, Apr 14, 2019 2:47 PM

That’s awesome

SportsAndLady

Sun, Apr 14, 2019 2:53 PM

CC gotta be so mad

Laley23

GOAT

Sun, Apr 14, 2019 3:08 PM
posted by justincredible

What is the ruling if JT would've bumped Rahm's ball into the cup? Put Rahm's ball back where it was and JT directly beside it?

Going back a bit to this. Unless the rules have changed, the player who had his ball knocked can move it back or leave it, their choice. The person hitting leaves ball where it ends up.

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Apr 14, 2019 3:10 PM
posted by Laley23

Going back a bit to this. Unless the rules have changed, the player who had his ball knocked can move it back or leave it, their choice. The person hitting leaves ball where it ends up.

Yes, agree

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Sun, Apr 14, 2019 3:19 PM

Pretty sure they don’t have a choice. It goes back to where it was and JT’s ball is played as it lies. 

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Sun, Apr 14, 2019 3:20 PM

Rule 18-5

Ball at Rest Moved by Another Ball

Q.Steve`s ball was at rest on the putting green. Cindy plays from just off the green and her ball hits Steve`s ball. What must Steve do?

A.Under Rule 18-5, Steve must replace his ball back to its original position. (See related FAQ under Rule 19) Cindy must play her ball as it lies. There is no penalty to either player in either match play or stroke play. In stroke play only, if Cindy's ball lay on the putting green prior to the stroke, she would incur a penalty of two strokes.

Laley23

GOAT

Sun, Apr 14, 2019 3:23 PM
posted by wildcats20

Rule 18-5

Ball at Rest Moved by Another Ball

Q.Steve`s ball was at rest on the putting green. Cindy plays from just off the green and her ball hits Steve`s ball. What must Steve do?

A.Under Rule 18-5, Steve must replace his ball back to its original position. (See related FAQ under Rule 19) Cindy must play her ball as it lies. There is no penalty to either player in either match play or stroke play. In stroke play only, if Cindy's ball lay on the putting green prior to the stroke, she would incur a penalty of two strokes.

This may be updated. I believe tee shots on par 3s used to be different, because players couldn’t mark. But sounds like they just lumped it all into 1 rule. 

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Sun, Apr 14, 2019 3:27 PM
posted by Laley23

This may be updated. I believe tee shots on par 3s used to be different, because players couldn’t mark. But sounds like they just lumped it all into 1 rule. 

I have never heard that before. It’s always been replace and play the other one as it lies. 

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Sun, Apr 14, 2019 3:31 PM

Has anyone told CC to go fuck himself? If not, hey cc, go fuck yourself.

kizer permanente

Sun, Apr 14, 2019 3:44 PM

My son is 6. Never really watched golf before this year. Tiger is 43. And of course (even before this week) he gravitated towards Tiger. Of all the guys half Tigers age,  he likes a 43 year old lol.  Tiger just has that swag I guess. 

Laley23

GOAT

Sun, Apr 14, 2019 4:10 PM
posted by wildcats20

I have never heard that before. It’s always been replace and play the other one as it lies. 

You’re probably right. I don’t know why I have it stuck in my head that I heard that before on a broadcast. But I can’t actually remember that lol.

Spock

Sun, Apr 14, 2019 4:38 PM
posted by Ironman92

Spock’s voodoo dolls no longer working

this

Spock

Sun, Apr 14, 2019 4:38 PM
posted by like_that

Has anyone told CC to go fuck himself? If not, hey cc, go fuck yourself.

this also.

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Sun, Apr 14, 2019 6:31 PM

It's crazy how quickly the UVA redemption/comeback story fell from being the best sports story of the year.   Anyone who doesn't think this was an all time great sports moment needs to gtfo. 

SportsAndLady

Sun, Apr 14, 2019 6:54 PM

ernest_t_bass

12th Son of the Lama

Sun, Apr 14, 2019 7:03 PM

First Virginia, now this.  Pretty sweet April.

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Sun, Apr 14, 2019 7:14 PM

Lol fucking Booger. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Apr 14, 2019 8:53 PM

Tiger for about 2 hours for me early afternoon and then Hank Aaron for 30 min in the booth of Sunday Night game

Awesomely nostalgic day

QuakerOats

Mon, Apr 15, 2019 11:23 AM

Pretty epic; doubted it would ever happen again.  He simply played smarter than the others; experience helps at Augusta more than anywhere else.  In addition, his emotions are completely under control and he has a calmness that will certainly help in future majors.