Home Forums Sports

Laley23

GOAT

Thu, Mar 30, 2023 11:52 PM

This was an out. Lol.

Laley23

GOAT

Thu, Mar 30, 2023 11:53 PM

Thru 7 in Seattle and my first impressions of the pitch clock are that if you don’t like it, you’re wrong.

birddog23

Fri, Mar 31, 2023 10:41 AM

O'neil Cruz is going to be very special.

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Fri, Mar 31, 2023 12:10 PM
posted by Laley23

Thru 7 in Seattle and my first impressions of the pitch clock are that if you don’t like it, you’re wrong.

Yep, it makes the game so much more smooth. Unless it's Pittsburgh at Cinci, where the combination of 26 total strikeouts, a bunch of walks and one half inning with two pitching changes makes it feel like an eternity. Even if it was only about last year's average game length.

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Apr 2, 2023 4:52 PM

The blue circle is where Giancarlo Stanton hit the ball lol

cat_lover

Sun, Apr 2, 2023 8:13 PM

Guardians win 3 out of 4 in Seattle.

Party at Jay Buhner's

BRF

Sun, Apr 2, 2023 9:24 PM

Hi cat_lover!

We should start a thread. 

How about that Herren kid?  Strikes out his first four batters in first MLB appearance……never been done in 2 centuries. 

Laley23

GOAT

Sun, Apr 2, 2023 11:20 PM

Yeah, who is starting the Oakland thread?

Great start to the year. Seattle should win 90+ by all indications. To take 3/4 on the road is awesome.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Tue, Apr 4, 2023 11:35 AM

I had no idea Jesse Winker was traded to the Brewers.

friendfromlowry

Tue, Apr 4, 2023 7:28 PM

So I’ll preface this with saying I don’t know much about baseball or the Reds but Jason Vosler has been doing well so far in this young season for the Reds at first base. What happens to him - if he keeps it up - when Votto comes back? Can he play elsewhere or was it always a given he’d go back to the bench? I guess this question is mainly for Ironman. 

Ironman92

Administrator

Tue, Apr 4, 2023 7:49 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

So I’ll preface this with saying I don’t know much about baseball or the Reds but Jason Vosler has been doing well so far in this young season for the Reds at first base. What happens to him - if he keeps it up - when Votto comes back? Can he play elsewhere or was it always a given he’d go back to the bench? I guess this question is mainly for Ironman. 

He’s getting reps in the OF….they’ll send one of other OF down. Vosler could be player of the month and Votto will be slotted at 1B where he’s awful and he’ll bat 3rd and play 29 if 30 games and he’s been bad vs lefties.

But he’s interesting and a great interview and a good dude…that’s what matters.

Ironman92

Administrator

Fri, Apr 7, 2023 11:59 AM

This announcer ain’t making the big leagues anytime soon. This is an incredible catch

Ironman92

Administrator

Sat, Apr 8, 2023 10:35 PM

I’ve watched 3 Trout at bats in last two days and 2 of the 3 were monster home runs and both 1 hopped and hit the Toyota truck way over the LCF wall

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Apr 9, 2023 8:56 PM

42 year old Nelson Cruz with 6 rbi tonight….still just the 6th inning

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, Apr 16, 2023 4:03 PM

Red Sox/Angels game today 1 hour 57 min

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Mon, Apr 17, 2023 5:10 PM

Today's laugh in Baseball + Social Media

Toronto reliever Anthony Bass went to Twitter to bitch about how, on a plane, the airline staff made his preggo wife clean up the popcorn their young daughter spilled over the floor.

This has led to a lot of hilarity, with a lot of people saying things along the lines of how the relief pitcher with a 7.11 ERA is out there complaining about people not cleaning up other peoples' messes.

Ironman92

Administrator

Mon, Apr 17, 2023 5:45 PM
posted by Heretic

Today's laugh in Baseball + Social Media

Toronto reliever Anthony Bass went to Twitter to bitch about how, on a plane, the airline staff made his preggo wife clean up the popcorn their young daughter spilled over the floor.

This has led to a lot of hilarity, with a lot of people saying things along the lines of how the relief pitcher with a 7.11 ERA is out there complaining about people not cleaning up other peoples' messes.

One of the parents AND the little girl should’ve cleaned up the mess. It’s the right thing to do and a teachable moment 

Ironman92

Administrator

Wed, Apr 19, 2023 10:37 AM

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Thu, Apr 20, 2023 12:22 PM

Madison Bumgarner aka: the guy who pretty much single-handedly carried SF to a World Series championship that one year ('14 or '15...I mainly remember he beat the Pirates in the Wild Card round), might be done. Arizona just DFA'd him after a start to the year that had him with a 0-3 and 10.26 ERA after four starts. Only 33, but dude's put a lot of mileage on that arm. Especially during that WS year, when it seemed like he was pitching in nearly every single playoff game. I mean, I'm pretty sure he didn't actually pitch more innings than every other member of the Giants' staff, but it felt like it.

birddog23

Thu, Apr 20, 2023 1:29 PM
posted by Heretic

Madison Bumgarner aka: the guy who pretty much single-handedly carried SF to a World Series championship that one year ('14 or '15...I mainly remember he beat the Pirates in the Wild Card round), might be done. Arizona just DFA'd him after a start to the year that had him with a 0-3 and 10.26 ERA after four starts. Only 33, but dude's put a lot of mileage on that arm. Especially during that WS year, when it seemed like he was pitching in nearly every single playoff game. I mean, I'm pretty sure he didn't actually pitch more innings than every other member of the Giants' staff, but it felt like it.

Was part of a great run from 2010-2016. 3 World Series rings in that span. Started 14 postseason games, appeared in 16 postseason games. 2.11 ERA, 0.90 WHIP, 87 strikeouts over 102 innings. 8 wins and 3 losses. Pretty incredible.

That 14 year he started 6 games and appeared in 7 games. Started the Wildcard game on Oct. 1 and got the save on Oct. 29 to win it all. 

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Thu, Apr 20, 2023 2:02 PM

posted by birddog23

Was part of a great run from 2010-2016. 3 World Series rings in that span. Started 14 postseason games, appeared in 16 postseason games. 2.11 ERA, 0.90 WHIP, 87 strikeouts over 102 innings. 8 wins and 3 losses. Pretty incredible.

That 14 year he started 6 games and appeared in 7 games. Started the Wildcard game on Oct. 1 and got the save on Oct. 29 to win it all. 

Yeah, as a Pirates fan, I have a special sort of bitterness about that period. After beating Cinci in the WC round and then losing 3-2 to the Cards in a series where they were up 2-1 and could have closed it out at home, they had two straight WC losses. One to Bumgarner during his Superman run through the postseason and one to Arrieta when he was utterly untouchable that season.

With the one to Arrieta and the Cubs being during a season where they were (I think) the third-best regular season team in baseball, but were in a division with #1 (St. Louis) and #4 (Cubs), so they still were relegated to a one-game winner-take-all series against the team with the best pitcher in MLB that year.

During my life of fanhood, that '13-'15 stretch was the ultimate "shoulda woulda coulda" span. Even more than the '90-'92 stretch of losing to the Reds when they won the World Series and then losing twice to the Braves. Because I have to admit that, back then, they had Stan Belinda as closer, which made the 9th inning dicey. And the Van Slyke/Bonilla/Bonds awesomeness in the middle of the line-up tended to turn into a black hole in the playoffs.

Laley23

GOAT

Thu, Apr 20, 2023 2:35 PM
posted by birddog23

Do you have the numbers thru the 2nd WS run? Incredible including all of it, but I swear the stretch thru the 2nd ring was even more insane.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Thu, Apr 20, 2023 3:24 PM

So the A's are moving to Vegas, huh?