Cavs Season 19/20 Thread

Home Forums Sports

BR1986FB

Fri, Jan 10, 2020 7:42 AM

Heard on my drive in that Sexton apparently said that Beilein calls them slugs all of the time.

cat_lover

Tue, Jan 14, 2020 1:22 PM

Cavs beat the Pistons and Nuggets and lost to the Lakers.
The march to 20 wins continues!!

Laley23

GOAT

Fri, Jan 17, 2020 10:30 PM

To bad vball left the site. I know how much he loved Morant and thought he would be a decent pro. Would love to hear his thoughts after the game tonight lol

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Sun, Jan 19, 2020 11:10 AM
posted by Laley23

He didn’t misspeak. Come on. At best, he said slug but slurred/didn’t annunciate and everyone thought he said thug. There is no way you say thug when you mean slow and lethargic/slug. 

Whether he did or not, who gives a fuck?  For anyone who played sports beyond middle school, are we actually going to pretend this is the worst thing a coach has ever said? Lmao. 

BR1986FB

Sun, Jan 19, 2020 11:59 AM

Must be something in the water in Cleveland that guys wearing the #13 gotta slap some ass.

Laley23

GOAT

Sun, Jan 19, 2020 3:19 PM
posted by like_that

Whether he did or not, who gives a fuck?  For anyone who played sports beyond middle school, are we actually going to pretend this is the worst thing a coach has ever said? Lmao. 

I don’t care. Pretty dumb to lie about it though. I don’t think most people cared, but a lot of us figured in 2020 that would be what got him canned.

QuakerOats

Mon, Jan 20, 2020 11:20 AM

Thought I was watching 7th graders in the fourth quarter vs the Bulls – ten turnovers, almost in a row ……..to blow a 15 point lead.

BR1986FB

Tue, Jan 21, 2020 7:30 AM

In hindsight, COA was spot on...Sexton is garbage

Laley23

GOAT

Tue, Jan 21, 2020 10:46 AM
posted by BR1986FB

In hindsight, COA was spot on...Sexton is garbage

He can score, but not sure he can do it on a winning team. And he cannot play PG with that assist rate. Thankfully, Garland is showing tremendous vision coupled with bursts of scoring as of late and looks to be a building block at the 1.

If they can somehow swing a deal for Love/Tristan/Sexton plus this years pick three may have a team to get excited about moving forward.

BR1986FB

Tue, Jan 21, 2020 12:00 PM
posted by Laley23

He can score, but not sure he can do it on a winning team. And he cannot play PG with that assist rate. Thankfully, Garland is showing tremendous vision coupled with bursts of scoring as of late and looks to be a building block at the 1.

If they can somehow swing a deal for Love/Tristan/Sexton plus this years pick three may have a team to get excited about moving forward.

He can score but his efficiency is brutal. I agree that Garland is solid. Love is an albatross and not sure what, if any, value he has. I've heard teams want a draft pick with Love just to take him off the Cavs hands.

BRF

Sat, Feb 1, 2020 11:34 PM

Had to go to page 3 to bring this thread up.

I’ve been enjoying seeing the Warriors be the worst team in the whole league. 

Yet......they come into town and beat the Cavs. 

😬

friendfromlowry

Thu, Feb 6, 2020 2:29 PM

Cavs get Andre Drummond. 

friendfromlowry

Thu, Feb 6, 2020 2:30 PM

Poor Drummond. Goes from a miserable eastern conference team to even worse. 

slingshot4ever

Thu, Feb 6, 2020 2:41 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

Cavs get Andre Drummond. 

Why give up a 2nd to take on an expiring contract - he can opt out this summer?

Do they expect they can convince him to sign long term?

Ironman92

Administrator

Thu, Feb 6, 2020 5:47 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

Poor Drummond. Goes from a miserable eastern conference team to even worse. 

He’s pretty ticked at Detroit management

friendfromlowry

Thu, Feb 6, 2020 9:53 PM
posted by slingshot4ever

Why give up a 2nd to take on an expiring contract - he can opt out this summer?

Do they expect they can convince him to sign long term?

The only rationale I can think of is they have 30ish games to convince him he’d want to play here next year. It’s not like they’ll have a ton of other free agents beating down the door to sign there. The other two bums they traded were just that and their contracts were expiring this year as well so all they risked was a second round pick. Personally I hope he stays. 

Laley23

GOAT

Thu, Feb 6, 2020 10:23 PM

If he stays, great. If he leaves, tons of cap room. Win-win really, since they gave up nothing. But weird deal to say the least.

friendfromlowry

Sun, Feb 16, 2020 11:16 PM

Omg, Woj reporting Cavs nearing firing Beilien. What is the obsession with dumping coaches as soon as possible? You mean a first time pro coach didn’t immediately adapt well with all the talent the Cavs have? Fascinating! 

Laley23

GOAT

Sun, Feb 16, 2020 11:58 PM

Called this one, but shocked it took them so long. He’s not suited for the NBA. Plus the thug/slug thing. Writing was on the wall. 

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Mon, Feb 17, 2020 7:10 AM

The report I saw was that he was “weighing returning” to the Cabs after the break. 

jordo212000

Tue, Feb 18, 2020 6:16 PM

Is Koby Altman on the hot seat as well? This is embarrassing. They’ve burned through so many coaches in recent years, not to mention all the bad moves he has made. The players openly rebelling against Beilein and complaining about being worked too hard suggests a culture problem

cat_lover

Fri, Feb 21, 2020 11:22 PM

Cavs beat Wizards for their 15th win.

The march to 20 wins continues

Party at Elvin Hayes's

cat_lover

Mon, Feb 24, 2020 10:31 PM

Cavs Win!!
Cavs Win!!
They beat the Heat for win 16.
Party at Alonzo Mourning's

BR1986FB

Tue, Feb 25, 2020 8:45 AM
posted by cat_lover

Cavs Win!!
Cavs Win!!
They beat the Heat for win 16.
Party at Alonzo Mourning's

Came back from 22 down in the 4th quarter too. More Porter, less Sexton please.

cat_lover

Wed, Feb 26, 2020 10:31 PM

CAVS Win!!
CAVS Win!!
They beat the 76ers for win 17
Party at Moses Malone's