2021 NFL Draft thread

Home Forums Sports

iclfan2

Reppin' the 330/216/843

Sun, May 2, 2021 12:35 PM

Love the Browns draft 

cat_lover

Sun, May 2, 2021 1:53 PM

Thought THE BROWNS had a solid draft. They addressed needs and they didn't pick a midget WR (Coleman) or a fat tub of goo DL (Shelton) so I am happy.

BRF

Sun, May 2, 2021 3:10 PM

Browns

superman

Sun, May 2, 2021 6:19 PM

I hope I'm wrong about the Bengals draft. I'm usually not though. 

BR1986FB

Sun, May 2, 2021 7:51 PM

I really like what the Browns did. Newsome was their target at 26 and, if he was gone, they were taking JOK. They got both....essentially two top 20 picks at 26 & 52.

Also like that they added depth to both OL/DL along with a WR they can use for bubble screens, reverses and 9 routes. A little surprising they got a highly rated DT as a UDFA.

With the additions of Newsome/JOK, the Browns defense should be freaky. If they have the three safeties and JOK on the field at the same time it's going to confuse opposing QB's.

Laley23

GOAT

Sun, May 2, 2021 9:56 PM

Browns I thought hit a home run, for the picks they had. Likely added 2 starters, a solid O-Line depth and a WR who is arguably the fastest player in NFL. And that WR should have plenty of space to get free with Chubb/Hunt/Landry/Higgins/OBJ on the field. 

I’ve been wrong before on them, but thought Berry has been awesome since he took over (I also loved most of what Dorsey did). So far so good, so no reason to think they whiffed here.

Ironman92

Administrator

Sun, May 2, 2021 10:07 PM
posted by Laley23

Browns I thought hit a home run, for the picks they had. Likely added 2 starters, a solid O-Line depth and a WR who is arguably the fastest player in NFL. And that WR should have plenty of space to get free with Chubb/Hunt/Landry/Higgins/OBJ on the field. 

I’ve been wrong before on them, but thought Berry has been awesome since he took over (I also loved most of what Dorsey did). So far so good, so no reason to think they whiffed here.

Regardless of 40 time..hard to imagine being faster than Tyreke...he has that Darell Green speed that makes the fastest guys not look very fast

Laley23

GOAT

Sun, May 2, 2021 10:52 PM
posted by Ironman92

Regardless of 40 time..hard to imagine being faster than Tyreke...he has that Darell Green speed that makes the fastest guys not look very fast

Tyreke has proven it vs NFL players. But my sister-in-law is an Auburn grad, so I watch their games when possible. He is stupid fast. Not as quick first 5-10 yards, but good luck chasing him down if you don’t get him within that space.

friendfromlowry

Sun, May 2, 2021 11:54 PM
posted by superman

I hope I'm wrong about the Bengals draft. I'm usually not though. 

Should be interesting. If the offensive line as is can do a better job then it could be a lot of fun watching Burrow and Chase (along with Boyd and Higgins.) If he gets his ass kicked again then the narrative will (rightfully) be they should have drafted Sewell. 

BR1986FB

Mon, May 3, 2021 7:29 AM
posted by Laley23

Tyreke has proven it vs NFL players. But my sister-in-law is an Auburn grad, so I watch their games when possible. He is stupid fast. Not as quick first 5-10 yards, but good luck chasing him down if you don’t get him within that space.

My concern with him is that I've heard he has issues with drops and is very raw. Would suck if they burned a 3rd rounder on a WR that was only good for reverses & jet sweeps.

The more I read about the OL (Hudson) they drafted out of Cincinnati, the more I'm liking the pick. PFF had him in their top 50 and said he could've gone 1st round. Pittsburgh's Insiders (like the OBR, saw this on the OBR) had him mocked to the Steelers in the 2nd round. He'll need work but Callahan could groom him to be Conklin's replacement. Plus, his dad was ecstatic the Browns took him since he's a lifelong Browns fan.