2020 NCAA Player Pick-'Em

Home Forums Sports

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Fri, Mar 13, 2020 8:58 AM

If you all want to stick around and post more...

sportchampps

Fri, Mar 13, 2020 2:13 PM

Lol

Iliketurtles

Fri, Mar 13, 2020 8:30 PM

Damn would have been really interesting if they went through with the 16 team tournament.... and Justin Im going to try to get back to posting more just been a crazy last 5 months for me. 

gut

Fri, Mar 13, 2020 10:32 PM
posted by Iliketurtles

Damn would have been really interesting if they went through with the 16 team tournament.... and Justin Im going to try to get back to posting more just been a crazy last 5 months for me. 

Was just going to ask if there was a chance, for anything, if this all kind of blows over in the next 2-3 weeks.

But I don't think so.  I think this is steady-state for another 12-18 months until a vaccine is mass produced, or 2-3 months on the off chance the weather finally fries it.

Which means...a couple cases pop-up next November and goodbye to all events over 100 people.

Laley23

GOAT

Fri, Mar 13, 2020 11:18 PM
posted by gut

Was just going to ask if there was a chance, for anything, if this all kind of blows over in the next 2-3 weeks.

But I don't think so.  I think this is steady-state for another 12-18 months until a vaccine is mass produced, or 2-3 months on the off chance the weather finally fries it.

Which means...a couple cases pop-up next November and goodbye to all events over 100 people.

Almost impossible to move these things around. Maybe if you could get an exact date set (which is impossible at the moment) you could work on it. But even so, arenas are booked solid for years out. Then you run into the issue of rights. Turner/CBS has contracts with other programs and events. Like, PGA Tour isn’t just gonna say yeah that’s cool, don’t cover the golf tournaments the next 3 weeks etc. It’s much easier for people to sit back and say, “JUST DELAY IT!!!”. But, in reality, it’s virtually DOA when proposed.