Home Forums Sports

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Thu, Dec 3, 2020 10:59 AM

Uhhh, wtf are these? 

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Thu, Dec 3, 2020 11:48 AM

Each letter is from a band in the Rock and Roll HOF, minus the C. 

BRF

Thu, Dec 3, 2020 11:51 AM

Stupid looking

Fab4Runner

Tits McGee

Thu, Dec 3, 2020 12:30 PM

They're fine. They'll look good on the court/on TV. They actually partnered with the Rock Hall and are donating to Save Our Stages.

A lot of City Edition jerseys are ugly. It is what it is. 

like_that

1st Team All-PWN

Thu, Dec 3, 2020 12:43 PM

Cool concept, but shitty delivery.

friendfromlowry

Thu, Dec 3, 2020 6:39 PM

I forgot Tristan Thompson’s contract was finally up. He signed with Boston this off-season. 

Trimmer36

Thu, Dec 3, 2020 8:14 PM

Will the new jerseys help them play any better? Asking for a friend!

friendfromlowry

Thu, Jul 29, 2021 12:24 PM

Whoever made the call on Anthony Bennett can go to hell. 

Laley23

GOAT

Thu, Jul 29, 2021 12:31 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

Whoever made the call on Anthony Bennett can go to hell. 

I still remember being called an Indiana homer for wanting Oladipo. The logic was so obvious. He’s too athletic to be any worse than solid/supplemental player. Upside is AS and franchise. He reached AS for about a year. But that draft was so bad, I don’t know how that wasn’t the obvious choice.

Having to defend my stance to S&L over Otto Porter and Ben McLemore for a month was exhausting.

friendfromlowry

Thu, Jul 29, 2021 12:48 PM

Having to defend anything against S&L was exhausting. I’ve never seen a grown man type LOL so much. 

BRF

Thu, Jul 29, 2021 1:21 PM

There certainly were some mighty bad picks. 

I recall fondly the picks from the early years. 

cat_lover

Thu, Jul 29, 2021 3:25 PM

Austin Carr "Mister Cavalier" is hands down my favorite Cav. Jim Chones and Bobby "Bingo" Smith round out my top three.

BRF

Thu, Jul 29, 2021 4:32 PM

I liked John Johnson and Roy Hinson, too. 

Laley23

GOAT

Thu, Jul 29, 2021 4:39 PM

You old fucks lol. Terrell Brandon was my DUDE!!

kizer permanente

Thu, Jul 29, 2021 8:46 PM

I mean… I like Mobley. But are we planning on playing him along side Allen? 

Did we go back to 1997? 

Laley23

GOAT

Thu, Jul 29, 2021 10:54 PM
posted by kizer permanente

I mean… I like Mobley. But are we planning on playing him along side Allen? 

Did we go back to 1997? 

Yes. Mobley isn’t a 7’ stiff. He can and will initiate a lot of the offense around the foul line and beyond. His passing is superior to any non-foreign prospect entering the league at the PF/C position since I don’t know when. He is going to be awesome. 

This is like AD playing with Dwight/Javale. Giannis having Lopez. Etc

kizer permanente

Fri, Jul 30, 2021 5:54 AM
posted by Laley23

Yes. Mobley isn’t a 7’ stiff. He can and will initiate a lot of the offense around the foul line and beyond. His passing is superior to any non-foreign prospect entering the league at the PF/C position since I don’t know when. He is going to be awesome. 

This is like AD playing with Dwight/Javale. Giannis having Lopez. Etc

Sure, but why Keep Allen? I wasn't criticizing the draft of Mobley. But Keeping Allen now would be pointless, imo. But Woj seems to think thats what the Cavs want to do. I'd sign and trade Allen tomorrow.

Al Bundy

Fri, Jul 30, 2021 7:19 AM

Sure, but why Keep Allen? I wasn't criticizing the draft of Mobley. But Keeping Allen now would be pointless, imo. But Woj seems to think thats what the Cavs want to do. I'd sign and trade Allen tomorrow.

It depends upon what someone is willing to trade for Allen. I wouldn't be opposed to them trading Allen for something good in return, but I certainly wouldn't just give him away.

kizer permanente

Fri, Jul 30, 2021 8:36 AM
posted by Al Bundy

It depends upon what someone is willing to trade for Allen. I wouldn't be opposed to them trading Allen for something good in return, but I certainly wouldn't just give him away.

No I agree.. but there's a few teams that could use a big. I'm sure the Cavs are already fielding calls. I'd hope at least.

Laley23

GOAT

Fri, Jul 30, 2021 9:40 AM

Why trade a 23 year old defensive stud who has grown his offensive game year after year? You're gonna have to play a second big with Mobley most likely, anyway. Mobley and Allen can both switch and guard the smaller players, I dont understand why you think playing them together wont work long-term? 

Now, they need shooting around them in the worst way. I know they've been trying, but Id continue to try and flip Sexton for that. Garland is near 40% and improving, just needs to take more. Ice needs to get better from behind the Arc (~35% this year would be awesome). Sexton needs to get a little better if they keep him, but mostly needs to shoot the 3 more. Hes a walking bucket, but the shots he takes for the most part are losing shots. Mix in about 6-7 threes a game and that would be a drastic improvment over the 4.4 this year.

kizer permanente

Fri, Jul 30, 2021 10:09 AM
posted by Laley23

Why trade a 23 year old defensive stud who has grown his offensive game year after year? You're gonna have to play a second big with Mobley most likely, anyway. Mobley and Allen can both switch and guard the smaller players, I dont understand why you think playing them together wont work long-term? 

Now, they need shooting around them in the worst way. I know they've been trying, but Id continue to try and flip Sexton for that. Garland is near 40% and improving, just needs to take more. Ice needs to get better from behind the Arc (~35% this year would be awesome). Sexton needs to get a little better if they keep him, but mostly needs to shoot the 3 more. Hes a walking bucket, but the shots he takes for the most part are losing shots. Mix in about 6-7 threes a game and that would be a drastic improvment over the 4.4 this year.

To get more shooting. I’d rather keep Sexton and get rid of Allen and get some outside shooting. Allen is good on D but it’s not like Mobley can’t be a rim protector. Allens skillset is more easily replaced than Sextons is IMO 

Laley23

GOAT

Fri, Jul 30, 2021 11:53 AM

To get more shooting. I’d rather keep Sexton and get rid of Allen and get some outside shooting. Allen is good on D but it’s not like Mobley can’t be a rim protector. Allens skillset is more easily replaced than Sextons is IMO 

Completely disagree. I like Sexton more than most. But 30 guys in the league averaged 20ppg last year. 20 averaged 24ppg. He isn't a knockdown shooter defenses have to honor so they can go under the screen. He isnt the greatest (or most willing) passer, so defenders can play him on the drives without worrying about many lobs or kick-outs. He's a fantastic finisher, but if that's the only threat, its still easy to defend. He is a willing defender, but he's not good at it. 

His offensive rating is only 104 while his defensive rating 114, both rank towards the bottom of the league. Now, these numbers aren't the end all as the team as a whole was obviously bad. But if you are going to be the dominant ball-handler, you need to shoot and make more 3s and create more offense on drives. You cant be a ball stopper the way he is unless you are doing special things offensively, which he isn't. Hence why is ORTG is so low (lowest on the team, of guys who matter). 

ALL of these things are correctable, particularly looking to create on drives and shooting from distance more. His defense is what it is at this point, I assume. He does get fouled a ton, which is great. But the problem I see with him is how easily replaceable scoring is and can even improve on the efficiency with someone who shoots more/better. Garland is the guard to keep. The last month or 2 for him were numbers than project as a guy you build around. 

As for Allen, he already does so much for a big man that typically takes longer to learn. And he doesn't foul. If he develops an actual jumped off the pick-and-roll that would be next level. But he already has a nice floater game, not typically seen from big man on the catch. 

Id much prefer to keep and develop Allen than Sexton if it came down to it. Particularly because I'm not sure how much development anyone will get with Sexton on the court. 

friendfromlowry

Mon, Aug 2, 2021 6:52 PM

Sorry Kizer. Jarrett Allen resigning for 5 years.

Laley23

GOAT

Mon, Aug 2, 2021 10:21 PM
posted by friendfromlowry

Sorry Kizer. Jarrett Allen resigning for 5 years.

5 years at $100M seems like a steal.