2019 Golf Thread

Home Forums Sports

Laley23

GOAT

Sun, Mar 3, 2019 9:06 PM

Can’t wait for API and Players. Honda field was garbage. Really suffered with the new schedule. Couldn’t get into the tournament this year.

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Mon, Mar 4, 2019 6:09 AM
posted by Laley23

Can’t wait for API and Players. Honda field was garbage. Really suffered with the new schedule. Couldn’t get into the tournament this year.

Ended up being a decent finish, but totally agree. I have to wonder if Jack will try and get it moved or something. 

kizer permanente

Mon, Mar 4, 2019 8:34 AM

Pissed there's no Bridgestone Invitational this year at Firestone. Been going since it was the NEC world series of golf. 

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Mon, Mar 4, 2019 9:37 AM
posted by kizer permanente

Pissed there's no Bridgestone Invitational this year at Firestone. Been going since it was the NEC world series of golf. 

Yeah, it really blows they moved to Memphis. Which is a trash golf course by PGA standards. But they did create a new Champions Tour stop up there, so there will still be golf.

kizer permanente

Mon, Mar 4, 2019 10:45 AM
posted by wildcats20

Yeah, it really blows they moved to Memphis. Which is a trash golf course by PGA standards. But they did create a new Champions Tour stop up there, so there will still be golf.

Yeah I mean its better than nothing. It sucks not seeing PGA Tour guys there. It was always an awesome field. 

Laley23

GOAT

Mon, Mar 4, 2019 11:38 AM
posted by kizer permanente

Yeah I mean its better than nothing. It sucks not seeing PGA Tour guys there. It was always an awesome field. 

Well yeah, it was a WGC Event, so top 50 in the world are invited, plus winners of other “Tour Championships”, winners of events within the last year (and noted the field had to be rated 115 or higher...so winning the fucking Puerto Rico Open doesn’t get you in lol), and I think something to do with Ryder/Presidents cup teams depending on year got you an invite. But basically, it’s the best 60 or so players in the word competing. It’s the strongest field(s) in golf, bar none. Really sucks Ohio is losing that. At least Memorial will bring in all the big guns still. Everyone will always want to play in Jacks tournament. Same with API this week, though I fear it might lose luster as years go on with Arnie no longer there.

EDIT: Unless you count tournaments like Majors and Players etc where you have all those players plus 70 more. But top to bottom it’s the strongest field. 

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Mon, Mar 4, 2019 2:32 PM

Annnnnd the API just got downgraded. Tiger WD because of an ongoing neck strain. 

kizer permanente

Mon, Mar 4, 2019 2:34 PM
posted by wildcats20

Annnnnd the API just got downgraded. Tiger WD because of an ongoing neck strain. 

old mans falling apart. 

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Thu, Mar 7, 2019 9:49 AM

I created a little web app that parses previous results at each tournament to give me a list of golfers to pick for my fantasy team. It's completely unscientific, and I'm sure I'll tweak the calculation as the year goes on, but I'm hoping it'll keep me at the top of the league throughout the year.

This week:
Kiradech Aphibarnrat
Kevin Kisner
Francesco Molinari
Henrik Stenson
Ryan Moore
Matt Every
Ernie Els
Charley Hoffman
Marc Leishman
Rory McIlroy

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Thu, Mar 7, 2019 10:02 AM

J Day with another WD with a back injury. 

Laley23

GOAT

Thu, Mar 7, 2019 10:23 AM

Day WD kills me. 4/6 DK lineups had him. Had him pegged for a top-5 minimu

Laley23

GOAT

Thu, Mar 7, 2019 3:28 PM

Phil sure is entertaining. That shot attempt was something else.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Thu, Mar 7, 2019 9:53 PM

Just bought this beauty.

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Thu, Mar 7, 2019 10:03 PM
posted by justincredible

Just bought this beauty.

Where did you find one? They are sold out everywhere. 

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Thu, Mar 7, 2019 10:16 PM

Golf Galaxy still had them as of a few minutes ago for $32. Free shipping if you add an additional $17 to your order.

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Sat, Mar 9, 2019 3:32 PM
posted by justincredible

I created a little web app that parses previous results at each tournament to give me a list of golfers to pick for my fantasy team. It's completely unscientific, and I'm sure I'll tweak the calculation as the year goes on, but I'm hoping it'll keep me at the top of the league throughout the year.

This week:
Kiradech Aphibarnrat
Kevin Kisner
Francesco Molinari
Henrik Stenson
Ryan Moore
Matt Every
Ernie Els
Charley Hoffman
Marc Leishman
Rory McIlroy

Teams doing aight so far. 

Classyposter58

Sun, Mar 10, 2019 8:43 AM

Got a Scotty Cameron GoLo for $175 at the Michigan Golf Show. Didn't have the amount of clothes last year did but some solid deals to be had, buddies got Titleist SM7's for 2 for 200

QuakerOats

Thu, Apr 11, 2019 10:17 AM

Two entries in a Masters pool; pick from six tiers based on world rankings; 4 of the 6 must make the cut; total score of best 4:

Rahm, Casey, Smith, Stenson, Grace, Hoffman

Rose, Oosthuizen, Mickelson, Li, Snedeker, S. Kim

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Sun, Jul 7, 2019 8:44 PM

Matthew Wolff wins the 3M Open in his 3rd professional start. Pretty impressive start to his career, I really think he and Hovland are going to win a lot of tournaments in the near future.

vball10set

paying it forward

Mon, Jul 8, 2019 9:09 AM
posted by justincredible

Matthew Wolff wins the 3M Open in his 3rd professional start. Pretty impressive start to his career, I really think he and Hovland are going to win a lot of tournaments in the near future.

Men's golf in the US is in good hands and is thriving...the US women will need to slow down South Korea's dominance if they want to follow suit

wildcats20

In ROY I Trust!!

Mon, Jul 8, 2019 10:04 AM

I don’t know much about Wolff, other than the funky swing, but Hovland is going be star. He just gets it. 

And, I couldn’t agree more vball, the men’s game is in such a good place. 

Classyposter58

Mon, Jul 8, 2019 7:53 PM

Men’s game needs guys like Brooks though, too many comers and goers

QuakerOats

Tue, Jul 16, 2019 10:40 AM

For the first time in 68 years The Open goes to Northern Ireland and returns to Portrush.  It looks beautiful up there; should be a great championship.  Who do you like?