First Blizzard of 2018 - Grayson

Belly35

Elderly Intellectual

Thu, Jan 4, 2018 5:27 PM

Blizzard of 1977 was a test for the Bizzard of 1978 now that was a real challenge. No heat, no electric only warmth was a fire place, cooked in the garage on the propane grill, four day before service returned. It was fun and interesting.

Good Blizzard every once in a while is a good thing, makes you understand just how good we really have it. 

salto

Thu, Jan 4, 2018 6:50 PM
posted by Belly35

Blizzard of 1977 was a test for the Bizzard of 1978 now that was a real challenge. No heat, no electric only warmth was a fire place, cooked in the garage on the propane grill, four day before service returned. It was fun and interesting.

Good Blizzard every once in a while is a good thing, makes you understand just how good we really have it. 

Thankfully, you have a belly full of Vicks vapor rub!

SportsAndLady

Thu, Jan 4, 2018 7:05 PM
posted by salto

Thankfully, you have a belly full of Vicks vapor rub!

You realize the belly eating Vick’s vapor rub thing isn’t funny, right? 

GOONx19

An exceptional poster.

Thu, Jan 4, 2018 7:08 PM

I just shovelled the deck; I think we got about a foot in the 10 hours I was at work. There are pictures and videos of flooding around the city that show water waist-high or above. The snowing seems to be about done, but the cold is on its way.

Bio-Hazzzzard

Thu, Jan 4, 2018 8:35 PM

50's today here in Florida, it sucked

BRF

Thu, Jan 4, 2018 10:24 PM
posted by SportsAndLady

That's right.

And, BTW to all, it's Vapo Rub. 

And Goon.....that's quite an interesting pic you posted!

GOONx19

An exceptional poster.

Thu, Jan 4, 2018 10:36 PM
posted by BRF

That's right.

And, BTW to all, it's Vapo Rub. 

And Goon.....that's quite an interesting pic you posted!

I didn’t take the picture, and it’s from Quincy, which is about 20 minutes south. But it was bad all around the city; one of the train stops downtown had to close due to flooding. 

salto

Fri, Jan 5, 2018 2:51 AM
posted by SportsAndLady

I realize your sense of humor, sucks.

GOONx19

An exceptional poster.

Fri, Jan 5, 2018 9:06 AM

I read this morning that storms during the winter season do not have "names" per the official stance of the National Weather Service. Winter Storm X is something that the Weather Channel made up beginning in 2012. Only tropical storms and hurricanes are named by NWS.

Spock

Fri, Jan 5, 2018 9:45 AM
posted by GOONx19

I read this morning that storms during the winter season do not have "names" per the official stance of the National Weather Service. Winter Storm X is something that the Weather Channel made up beginning in 2012. Only tropical storms and hurricanes are named by NWS.

thanks for the useless fact of the day

QuakerOats

Fri, Jan 5, 2018 10:52 AM
posted by Belly35

That was a mighty blizzard, and I believe the lowest barometric pressure ever measured in Ohio.  The thing lasted for days; school was cancelled for a week.  

GOONx19

An exceptional poster.

Thu, Jan 11, 2018 7:26 PM
posted by Spock

thanks for the useless fact of the day

You're welcome.