Belly's daily question? 06-01-2020

Belly35

Elderly Intellectual

Mon, Jun 1, 2020 3:54 PM

Would this situation (Floyd) have played out differently if the police where Black? 

BRF

Mon, Jun 1, 2020 4:08 PM

I would like to believe that most other officers regardless of color would not have done that.  So, yes, if they were black, he would have not gotten a 6 minute knee to the neck while two others held his arms down and one kept concerned citizens away. 

thavoice

Tue, Jun 2, 2020 8:40 AM
posted by Belly35

Would this situation (Floyd) have played out differently if the police where Black? 

BLack cop killing a black guy?

Wouldnt even register to the public

ernest_t_bass

12th Son of the Lama

Tue, Jun 2, 2020 9:35 AM

Stupid thread

Automatik

Tue, Jun 2, 2020 9:43 AM
posted by ernest_t_bass

Stupid thread

+1

Belly35

Elderly Intellectual

Tue, Jun 2, 2020 11:00 AM
posted by Automatik

+1

Black cop with his knee on a white guy ...... is there a different public reaction

ptown_trojans_1

Tue, Jun 2, 2020 11:07 AM

Nope. 

See Louisville and the outrage of the shooting of Breonna Taylor. 

justincredible

Honorable Admin

Tue, Jun 2, 2020 11:29 AM

No, I don't think so.

SportsAndLady

Tue, Jun 2, 2020 11:57 AM

If my aunt had a dick would it be my uncle? 

Heretic

Son of the Sun

Tue, Jun 2, 2020 1:47 PM

a. I'd hope that virtually all cops, regardless of race, gender or whatever, wouldn't outright murder a dude for the lulz and it was more a case of the ones involved with Floyd were simply horrible at their job and trash human beings.

b. The fact it's a question as to how specific demographics of cops would handle things when put in a situation like that probably says more about that organization as a whole and how a "I have a badge, so I can do whatever I want!" mentality is pervading it to a noticeable degree than anything else. Because from all the incidents that have been posted here and elsewhere concerning them escalating situations and using excessive force as a go-to really makes it look like my hope in "a" is a false hope.